Marymount Greenhill Retirement Center - Millbrae, CA

I love the setting, the access to public transportation, the park and neighborhood. It is an old facility. The probation is not a problem to me as an independent. I believe the renovations promised will make it an outstanding facility. The current price can’t be beat.

Older Community

We toured different communities and this seemed to be older than others we had toured. The staff was very nice and helpful on the tour. The residents and their families seemed to feel comfortable there. They have medical staff on site 24hours a day which is a nice feature. It just didn't feel like the right choice for my uncle.

I do not recommend Marymount GreenHills.

This place has been going downhill for quite awhile.
The best caregivers and nurses have been leaving for a long time. Inexperienced and uneducated (to the needs of elders) remain. Even they are leaving. There are still a few very caring people left and they are spread thinly. Even the last administrator left abruptly and her absence has left a void. The person who replaced her is interested in only one thing ... money.

This place is not equipped to care for elderly who need more attention. If the resident stops eating, so be it. If the resident is soiled, we'll get to it later.

They provide very little or no mental stimulation; the entertainment has been lessened; the people in memory care rarely leave the locked up ward. They don't even have TV in the common room of memory care. The same DVDs are played over and over. These poor people are just left to stare at the walls or stay in their beds. Rarely talked to.

Medications are used too often to put these people into a quasi-zombie state.

If you love your Mother or Father or Grandparent or other friend or family member, do not put them in Marymount GreenHills. They will quickly go downhill.

Perhaps the people who do not have many needs will do better here. They might make friends with other residents and there is a large dining room where they can be with other people. The menu needs improving. The quality of food needs improving. There ARE many kind people who work here. But they don't seem to be treated well by management lately either.

Ok environment, rooms seemed nice, all star a bathroom. Main disappointment is that there is no way for a person in the memory unit to go outside on their own, either to a balcony or courtyard area, they have to be escorted out of the unit to a courtyard.

I loved it though my mother thinks it's above her price range. Once she learns of more perhaps she'll reconsider. Great place.

friendly

Most of the people there are very friendly and easy to work with, and very sweet. There was one care giver that was a little on the rough edge.

I am not an expert at facilities like this, but from what I could tell it was pretty good. We were trying to keep costs down as all these places are very expensive and of course you get what you pay for.

Living at Marymount Greenhills.

I have found Marymount Greenhills to be very friendly. The staff and residents are helpful and pleasant. My apartment is comfortable and housekeeping comes in every day and changes towels and makes the bed. They wash any dishes in the sink and clean the bath room and kitchen. They change the bed linen at least once a week and vacuum.

The meals are healthy and tasty. There are many activities that you can join or not, whatever you want.

I am a level 1 and I need some assistance which is available. At a later date I may need more assistance which will be available when I need it.

I am very comfortable and happy here.

Mother is Happy

Everything is fine. My mother is very happy there. She's in assisted living and the care is fine.

They've been really good to us

The only complaint I would have is there is not a smooth transition when you first move in. There is not a system in place to make sure new residents have their medications and no one seemed to have any answers. My mom wishes there was more to do, there are no arts and crafts, which she would like.

Good location - a lot of shops and go...

Good location - a lot of shops and good walking neighborhood Bldg 2 is better and brighter Outside parking Near train and bart Kaiser - SSF Fee includes 1 meal/day

Reasonably priced. Private rooms .

Reasonably priced. Private rooms .

Wes toured me through this impressive...

Wes toured me through this impressive center. Seems to have everything an active tenant would want. Tenants I saw seemed contempt and occupied. The Director pointed out at least 3 Filipino tenants my Dad could possibly socialize with. Very fair rate for the value. Staff seemed enthusiastic on the job. I would consider this place if my Dad can meet fellow Filipinos.

Best option so far! Had a nice one be...

Best option so far! Had a nice one bedroom with a balcony and view. They help her around for the first month, and then I can add the services as needed after that.

Thought activities were not as good a...

Thought activities were not as good as some or as "warm" of a place. However, it has kitchen options within rooms.

This is the family's second choice. H...

This is the family's second choice. However, Uncle would prefer to be closer to San Francisco.

spoke w/ the director- has a studio, ...

spoke w/ the director- has a studio, we can come anytime, no deposit. $3300 month + extras.

Very professional. Elegant surroundin...

Very professional. Elegant surroundings with the respite room quite roomy - one bedroom. Offered more services for the quoted price including hourly checks because of fall risk. However, there is an additional $500 nonrefundable desposit. Knew all requirements for TB and md form which is 6 months. Answered all my questions.

Marymount Greenhills is designed for those who choose to pursue their lifelong dreams in an engaging social environment and who have passion for life and live with purpose in life. Our Residents have spacious apartments, elegant common areas and numerous service