Atria at Foster Square - Foster City, CA

I met with name removed] last Friday and learned about the Atria system, how The Foster Square works, toured the facility, and several appartments. Lovely complex, very impressive. I liked the option of a 1-month trail they offer to see if this communty would be a good fit for my parents. Will be taking my parents to tour and partake in a meal and/or an event.

Atria Evicted my Aunt

I moved my 94 year old Aunt and 88 year old Uncle into this facility in July of 2017. In February, 2018, I requested that my Aunt be moved into their memory care ward. All was set, room chosen, furniture ordered and due to be delivered, when the afternoon before the move, the non-licensed nurse called to say my Aunt was evicted because she required two people to transfer her.

Her assessment was made after two emergency hospital visits the week before, one due to AFIB, second due to a second fall after being released from the first hospital visit. She had not fallen previously, was walking in the hospital, so had leg strength. Now that she was on blood thinners she fell and was afraid to walk, and she was on pain meds making her fatigued.

Instead of giving her a chance to build her strength, Atria kicked her out of "the last home she would need to move to", according to the sales woman when we signed up, just seven months after they moved in, one month after the $8,000 move in fee was non refundable.

At no point did this facility show compassion or empathy once they decided to evict a 94 year old woman.

So, apparently, if you are healthy, you are welcome to spend $10-20,000 per month at Atria Foster Square. If you become weak, you're out on the street.

Meanwhile, at the new facility my Aunt and Uncle were forced to move to, my Aunt is being transferred by one female caregiver multiple times per day, receiving better care and being given physical therapy.

Before deciding upon an assisted living facility, contact CANRH, or other elder care advocates and the State Ombudsman. There have been two fall deaths at this facility that should be inquired about.

[email protected] is a beautiful new facility. The resident programs and amenities are impressive. It felt like a very nice hotel. It's probably larger than what our family member is looking for but overall I was impressed with the facility.

5-Star Hotel

Atria at Foster Square is a lovely new home for my dad. To me, it is like walking into a 5-star hotel. It is very elegant and the staff is so welcoming. I have dined there with my dad and the food and presentation are wonderful. Dad has already hosted a family dinner in the private dining room. There are a variety of activities for the residents and I know my dad will take full advantage of all the Atria has to offer once he gets settled; I would highly recommend this community to friends and family.

Comfort for my loved one...

Atria at Foster Square has been a fairly good fit so far. The medications are the problem, they don't do injections and I need to go and take her to get the injections. They take good care of her and the place is clean. Everything else has been good, she seems happy.

I would recommend this community

This is a newer community and my parents seem to like living here. They love the food and they have started to get involved in some of the daily activities. The staff are nice and accommodating. The other residents are friendly and dad liked that this community feels like you are at a hotel.

Phenomenal meals!!

My mother moved here it's going very well! The staff is very knowledgeable and bent over backwards to make sure things went smoothly. I live in Arizona and had to fly in to help my mother move in. She had been released from the hospital and Atria did everything to make sure she was comfortable. The meals are excellent! They have a chef and one person described it perfectly, it's like being on a cruise ship that never leaves. So far we are very pleased!

I like the care at this community for my mom. The staff is very helpful to her needs. The food is really good. They have a chef that come in and will make anything she wants. I like knowing that she has small trips away from the community. They offer someone who will come and do your hair. She is happy wit the care here and I would recommend this community to other families for the value and care for a loved one.

A positive experience!

My friend is doing very well at the Atria at Forester Square. It has been a good experience for her so far, no complaints.

Great new facility

After seeing a few assisted living locations, I was very impressed with Atria at Foster City -- a brand new facility which opened in December. My 90 year old mother is now pleased to live there, where she can enjoy many activities and services available in one building. Her one bedroom unit has lovely views and feels comfortable, like home.
[Removed]

Excellent care staff!

The staff is absolutely excellent in life guidance,the memory care unit my mother stays in.The community is very clean and I would recommended to a loved one or friend.

Home

We moved our Mom into this location as one of the first residents. She loves the staff, food, movie theater and activities. They've taken the time to really get to know her and it helped her to get adjusted quickly.

A tour!

We liked the staff we met at this brand new community. The community looked excellent. This community is not yet open and was a little farther away than the community we chose.

Atria at Foster Square residents enjoy contemporary, upscale surroundings in the heart of Foster Square, a new residential and retail neighborhood in Foster City just south of San Francisco. The community’s central location puts older people within easy walking distance of boutiques, cafés and cultural events in Foster Square, outdoor concerts at Leo J. Ryan Memorial Park and fitness classes, volunteer programs and indoor and outdoor swimming pools at the Peninsula Jewish Community Center.

Residents have their choice of three distinct restaurants in the community, including cocktails and tapas in the 707 Lounge, fine dining with table service in Bayview Restaurant and casual fare at Poppies Bistro. Amenities are conveniently located on a single floor and include a full-service salon and spa, a fitness center, a studio, a theater and a library. Apartments are spacious and bright with floor-to-ceiling windows and modern design details. Many offer private balconies with waterfront views. Atria at Foster Square is seeking LEED® certification for sustainable design, construction and operation.*

Through Atria’s signature Engage Life® program, staff members collaborate with residents to create meaningful, tailor-made opportunities for learning, staying connected with others and contributing their time and talents.

License #415600980

*LEED® – an acronym for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design™ – is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council® and is the preeminent program for the design, construction, maintenance and operations of high-performance green buildings.