Brookdale Redwood City - Redwood City, CA

Brookdale Redwood City - Redwood City, CA has yet not published prices.

Nice People!!

It has been a while since I had taken a tour of this community but from what I remember it was a great experience. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities they had for the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision for my family.

Only been here a short time

My dad has only been here a short time but so far he seems to like it a lot. I have toured many communities and the one major thing that I was looking at was the size of the rooms. This location has good sized rooms that I felt my dad would be comfortable in. The community is well maintained and clean. The staff is wonderful they helped my father as he transitioned here and did what they could to help him settle in.
Already he is starting to socialize and make new friends and he is even doing some of the activities. He says, for the most part, he is liking the food

I love it here!

I am happy with everything since my move to Brookdale Redwood City. I like my apartment and the meals provided are wonderful, they have a very good chef. The gal that comes and cleans my apartment is very nice.

very happy with our choice

After looking around at many options on the peninsula, we felt that Brookdale offers the right combination of independence, care, and amenities for our mother. The staff was very responsive to our questions and inquiries, and since moving in have been super friendly and helpful. It's only been a month, but so far the services offered so far seem to be very high quality.

I would recommend this community!

The marketing director, I believe was his title, was great. He answered all of our questions and showed us around when we toured. Thre unit that my uncle got is perfect for him. The facility is clean and he is happy so far.

5 Stars across the board!!!

The food at this community is wonderful. We spoke to the chef and he explained how the food is made. They have spice packets on the tables if you would like to add more flavor. They offer a lot of activities. The staff are informative, welcoming, warm and make everyone feel happy to be there. The community is very clean. They have a pool for aqua therapy. This is safe environment as they have round the clock care and a quick response time. I would recommend this community.

Horrible Experience!!

I would never recommend this place to anyone. My loved one and I went on a tour at this community and the staff was very rude and short tempered with my dad and I. Right of the bat they said they could not take care of him and he needed more care then what they had in a very unpleasant way. I am shocked at the way they treat there costumers and would never want him living in a facility with staff like that.

Needs some all around improvements!!

The food at this community could use some improvements and serious changes to the meals throughout the day. The breakfast scrambled eggs are always under cooked and very watery. The dinner plates need to be better proportioned and have a little more flavor added to them they are very bland. I wish the staff would take some extra time to encourage and motivate my mother to get more involved in all of the great activities they offer as well as acquainted with the other residents. She has been there for almost two months and still does not feel comfortable. The maintenance staff has still not fixed the things that have been broken in her apartment after we have complained about it multiple times which is getting frustrating. Overall the staff have poor communication with each other and need to give better training to the new hires so they do not looks so lost.

Great care for my father.

I am very happy with the care that my father is receiving here. the staff is wonderful and caring at all times. The food is good and offers a nice variety. they do offer alot of activities. The community is very clean. I highly recommend this community for excellent care.

My Mom Is A New Resident

I believe my mom is getting good care and the staff are helpful and attentive. The community is clean but there is a dead tree outside my mom's room. I am waiting for them to remove the tree. There are activities available and my mom has tried a few.

A nice community!!

Brookdale Redwood City is a clean community. The room was great and the staff were very nice and friendly. We may have chosen this community if they offered skilled nursing.

He Seems To Like It Here

So far everything is going well. My father seems to likes to place. It is a very nice and well-kept facility. I'am pleased with everything they have done for us.

I would not recommend this community!!!

Brookdale Redwood City was not the place for my mom. She moved out for a couple reasons. She did not like being in CA and the community was not the best. The food was ok. There was a lot of turnover with the staff. They seem to not really care about the residents it is just a job to them. This is an older building and in need of repairs.

She likes it fine

My Mom likes it fine there. She seems to be pretty happy there so far. We do not have any complaints about the facility or the staff there at Brookdale. Hopefully it will stay that way. So far, we are having a good experience.

My mother has been a resident at this community for two months now and loving it. I am completely confident that she is getting the care that she needs at this time in her life.

We are very happy with Brookdale

My loved one lived here, and we liked it so much, that when we moved we chose another Brookdale community. We are very happy with Brookdale and would rate them a five.

Nice

The people are nice. The only negative is that it is not uncommon for requests to have delay.

nice place overall

I think that a lot of the staff members there are somewhat inexperienced and are still figuring out what they need to be doing and how to do it. Some of them are really good, but then some of them are not very good. I also do think that the place is a bit overpriced. The facility itself is very clean and nice.

They Are Really Good

I think they are really good. I think it would be a good idea for the staff to write down when and who came in to my mother-in-law's apartment, because she has memory problems and sometimes can't remember. We have been very happy with them though and the residents have been happy there too.

A Truly Good Experience

We really had a truly good experience there. I think that the staff has been extremely helpful and responsive. Every time there has been a change, or we need to get him something they take care of it right away.

I toured the facility after lunch on a weekday and was delighted to see residents engaging in a variety of activities such as playing poker, working on a puzzle and at a computer in the library. The buildings were clean and looked well maintained. The availability of the heated pool for exercise is a huge plus! The staff was friendly and security was in place. I will give this option serious consideration.

terrible experience!

I felt like I was dealing with a sleazy used car salesman. We identified something that we thought would be suitable for my mother, got everything prepared and ready for the move in, then we showed up with check book in hand. The staffing director meets us there, asks mom a couple of questions, and basically says they cannot take care of moms needs. Those questions should have been asked and those things discovered beforehand! It was a lot of work getting up to that point only to hear that! We proceeded to see if we could work out another solution but financially we were not able to make anything work, and then became the recipient of the most inappropriate scathing e-mail from them! They actually said to me "I feel sorry for your mother." Needless to say I was steaming mad! I can not in good conscience recommend them after the experience I had and treatment I reserved.

I will use you for myself

A Place For Mom was fine. My sister did not move out here. When it comes time for me to move into a community, I will be sure to call.

Friendly, accommodating care staff

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall we really liked Woodside Terrace! They are very flexible in regards to the level of care they are able to provide. As things change with our loved ones, they can change to accomodate them. We really liked that about them.

They are doing an okay job.

They are doing an okay job. There have been some concerns with response time to calls for assistance. There may not be enough staff. The facility is really nice, the apartment space is perfect. She loves the food. We liked the community it's in, and their pricing was a little better than others. We liked the activities and the social opportunities there, the other residents seem like a good match.

Poor Management, understaffed,

I had both my parents here for 3 years, in INdependant living side and then in assisted living.
I actually filed a report with the county regarding negligent care just prior to moving them out.
I live in Menlo Park and found that staff frequently failed to respond to their need for assistance in a timely manor.
Often I could get there to help them put in a hearing aid
or dress prior to WT staff responding.
I would not recommend the assisted living care. Some of the care givers speak little English
We also had several items of my parents stolen from their room while they lived there. We actually had to pay for private help to assist my mom certain hours of the day because WT was to understaffed. Unless there has been a management overall in the last 3 years I would stay away from having a parent moved there.
On several occasions my parents were forgotten at medical appointment by thier drivers, the dr office had to call me to come pick them up!

Review of Woodside Terrace Assisted Living in Redwood City, CA

I think this is a great option for my father and with the option of leaving at any time. Community fees are a plus as there isn't a high upfront cost. Close to rest of family and very vibrant environment. Plan to take my father by on Tues of this week.

Nice enough facility, but very understaffed

Woodside Terrace is a nice looking community, and the staff have been friendly enough, but we have had some issues with the service here. There are a few different siblings who will visit our loved one here, and we have all noticed the same problems. They seem very understaffed, especially on the weekends, and that has lead to a lot of inattention when it comes to the care our loved one is receiving. She has been left on the toilet for extended periods of time, and she says they will take a very long time to respond to her call button. My loved one is paying quite a lot of money to stay here, and we expected much better care for that amount of money. We have complained, and made suggestions, and unfortunately things have no improved.

Dirty old hotel

We looked at 6 locations and this was by far the worst. Narrow, dark hallways, dirty walls, moldy pool, the list of negative features goes on. It was also the smallest of the one bedroom facilities and the most expensive!! Look elsewhere. There ARE better options for your family.

Woodside Terrace was a good choice for my father

From my Initial introduction to Woodside Terrace and meeting with Erica who handles income admissions, my experience have exceeded my expectations. Erica made the decision to locate my father into the community very easy. I've been very impressed with not only the management staff but all the support people. Everyone is friendly, always greets you with a "hello and smile". The staff looks happy and I believe that is reflected in the care and service they give to the guests at Woodside Terrace.

Too expensive, $3,500+ per ...

Too expensive, $3,500+ per month.

This was the best one so fa...

This was the best one so far. It has more flexible dining hours, larger apartments, better prices and a nice heated, indoor pool. The grounds aren't great, but there is somewhere to walk around.

Amazing Staff That Really Cares

The care is great. I have been very pleased with the staff and their attitude and professionalism as far as the people working with my mom, so the nurses and the aids. Mom is doing really there. She's improved greatly being there. They have activities but she hasn't done any of them. They have fitness programs, bingo, and singing. We're trying to work to get her more involved with those. The one negative thing has been that the upper management has had some trouble with the price. We were quoted price then it changed a few times. That felt a little bit too much like a bait and switch to me. Other than that, the people that work there are very caring. They obviously employ people that do care about the elderly. I'm very impressed. Even the dining staff is exceptional.

a litte farther away from me but she is doing so well there that it's worth it.

Visited on 9/4/2013. $3,650...

Visited on 9/4/2013. $3,650 for studio +$1,060 for services. Very large hotel style with 100 in AL and 170 in IL.

Fine

We looked at this place for my mother-in-law. It was fine but we found something that was better priced for our situation.

Good option for folks if th...

Good option for folks if they come out to CA.

Nice size 2 bedroom apartments. Did ...

Nice size 2 bedroom apartments. Did not have on staff nurses.

I liked this facility a lot. It woul...

I liked this facility a lot. It would be my choice for my parents when the timing is right. Now is the nudging process and getting my brothers both on board. But if there is a sudden change in health in either of my parents, I would be ready to proceed.

Looks good.

Looks good.

Very nice. Rooms a little small. Pr...

Very nice. Rooms a little small. Price is in range I can afford.

Brookdale Redwood City is an exceptional senior care community offering independent living and assisted living services in Redwood City, California. Our community is ideally located halfway between Palo Alto and San Mateo, offering premium care services in historic Redwood City. Redwood City boasts miles of shoreline, a charming downtown area and an abundance of shopping and dining, making it a popular home for people of all ages.

At Brookdale Redwood City, our community has progressive care options so if a resident's needs change over time, they stay in our care through all of life's phases, near the friends and the caregivers who know and love them best. We are a leader in senior care, providing innovative solutions to individual needs that honor independence while balancing community engagement.

Residents in our community enjoy access to a range of services and amenities, including:

Restaurant-style dining in our elegant dining room
Scheduled transportation services
On-site beauty salon offering facials, manicures and hair styling
Life-enriching activities and a dynamic social calendar
Fitness programs designed to meet the needs and abilities of seniors