Brookdale Wornall Place - Kansas City, MO

Brookdale Wornall Place - Kansas City, MO has yet not published prices.

Exceptional community

This community is pretty exceptional to me and my mother. While looking for a place for my mother one of the main things that we look for are the socialization and the activeness of the people living there. Every time you go there you see someone doing something. There are people that are always motoring around. They have a lot of activities going on which is great. One thing that I do love is I always see people out of their apartments in the community doing things. You see residents in the lobby area which is rather big, there’s a sitting area that people are in, in the craft area, and even during the ‘Mix and Mingle’ in the pub. I would walk by the exercise room and I see people participate in that. This location is really a great active community. They also offer spiritual services; this area is a big catholic community. They have an actual priest come on site and they have catholic services every Saturday and my mother really liked that. Also, a couple times a week they offer a Rosary devotion type thing. The staff team is very on the mark providing those home care services as well. Overall, the service they offer is wonderful, they are very welcoming, and the people that live here are so up and about. It was a hard adjustment for my mother as she first moved in, but with the active and friendly environment she is in it has been a smoother transition for her.

Our tour

This looked like a nice looking community when we visited. We met with the salesperson and they were nice. This community seemed more commercial than what we thought our loved one would like.

Good Tour of This Facility

I had a pretty nice tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. The community looked good , and everything was neat, and tidy. The staff was informative, and very polite. All our questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but we did find another community that met my needs better.

Toured, looked nice!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place, overall! All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional, and the facility was clean and well kept. We ended up selecting another community, but I'd say this one is worth a look!

Brookdale Wornall Place is a community I would recommend!!

My mom has only been in independent living at Brookdale Wornall Place for a short time. The staff there are good and I know they would be there for her if she needed them. The community is clean and well taken care of. The food is fine according to mom. They have plenty of activities for the residents.

Wonderful Community

Mom is still getting adjusted to the move and the new community. Everything has been great with moving her into her new place. The staff is really welcoming and super helpful to us. The place looks very nice and well kept. Whatever concerns we have had they have addressed them very quickly and answered all of our questions. She is an artist and they have a art studio there so that is a huge plus and the grand kids have even been swimming over there and she has gone to the movies as well so there is activities for her to go to. Everyone has been very accommodating with our family and my mother and her needs we are happy with the choice we picked.

DANGEROUS, iNCOMPETENT PLACE

My unit was burglarized 8 times in less then 60 days.

I was given the wrong pills three times in the same period.

My apartment was illegally entered while I was in bed.

I was discharged from physical Therapy because the therapist was going to treat me despite saying: "I have never heard of Charcot Marie Tooth disease.

I reported each theft to the CEO, Mr, Wood. I reported them to the KCMO police dept. That made Wood so mad he threated to evict me and filed the paper work.

THE POLICE TOLD HIM TO STOP "PLAYING POLICEMAN" AND THAT HE SHOULD HAVE REPORTED THE VERY FIRST THEFT TO THEM.

i moved. IT IS A DANGEROUS PLACE, STY THERE AT YOUR OWN PERIL.

I like the activities

I like the activities at Brookdale Wornall Place. I would like to be able to on more outings like to sporting events or movie theaters. I know they show movies here but would like to be able to go to an actual theater. So far so good here.

My sister-in-law has only been there for about a month and is doing really well. I just wish they would do more to get her involved in different activities.

My mom moved to the Assisted living area at Brookdale on Wornall. The staff are great. I am concerned at the overall lack of activities that all of the Assisted living communities have for the clients. The community my mom lives in has had some turn overs in key areas that I think has hurt them some but they are trying to cover those areas.

I really do wish they could have some outings for just the Assisted Living residents. Right now they have to sign up on the 1st floor if they want to go somewhere and it isn't promoted much.

Good Job.

It is my Aunt Dorothy [removed] who lives at the Grand Court at Wornall. But I do know really loves it there. The only complaint I know she has is the cleaning people who clean her apt. She does not have a clear understanding of what the cleaning people are suppose to do. I have found they do not sweep her bathroom. Are they not suppose to dust, clean microwave, clean stool, wash the bathroom mirror..... I know there was not suppose to be any heavy cleaning, and to wash the flat stuff sheets, wash cloths etc....... I did get upset with the nurse there one time, but we did settle that issue. Then when my Aunts sister died I ask if there was a chaplain, pastor, priest etc that could go up and pray and talk to her for a few minutes. That to my knowledge did not happen and the front desk seem to think that could be done. Very few issues, She really feels welcome and cared for there. I find your staff extremely pleasant. I am a retired RN and spent most of my time in Long Term care. I see this as a fine facility. Thank you for making her feel welcomed. This my view. Marlene [removed], niece. I donot worry about her like I did when she lived alone. GOOD JOB.

Top Notch No Complaints

They handled everything definitely top notch no complaints. Overall it is a great facility and both parents were very happy when they were living there had to be moved to a skilled nursing facility no longer at Brookdale.

Review of The Grand Court Kansas City Assisted Living in Kansas City, MO

I arrived at noon and was met by Chris Ellis and we went into his office and visited with Trish Fox. They explained the programs at Grand Court and asked me what my interests are. He told me the deposit is $5500 (which makes it way beyond my budget). Then he got me a wheelchair as we toured most of the facility. I didn't meet many of the staff and very few of the staff. It seemed we had stepped into a ghost town, but there was a staff meeting as they are changing their name and joining a new chain and having an open house and that was the reason for the staff meeting. We viewed the rooms which were REALLY small! In fact I suffer from claustrophobia and I was actually hyperventilating! The rooms were also expensive for their size. I was telling my neighbor this and she has friends in booth places and she was surprised about the deposit and said her one friend has an apartment bigger than my present one (I have the largest 2-bedroom, 2-bath in this complex) and she only pays $2500 a month. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but I can't afford The Grand Court.

Review of The Grand Court Kansas City Assisted Living in Kansas City, MO

This was a very nice & welcoming place. I liked that they had a pool. The one bedroom appt. was very spacious & nice. They provided the refrigerator & microwave. Only provided two meals & not three only breakfast & either lunch or dinner. There is a wait list to get in.

Very nice looking place

We looked into this community when we were searching for options for our loved one. We were impressed by what we saw during our tour, and this was one of the four that we were considering. It was a nice looking community, everyone was friendly, and the residents looked happy. We ended up going with another one of the options due to the pricing and location being slightly more convenient.

Good place, cost was to high.

Good place, cost was to high.

Spoke with director. Side note, only...

Spoke with director. Side note, only brochure with black folks on it. Indoor parking and swimming pool. Community fee. From the same company as Town Village but the only one in MO.

Indoor parking, St. Joseph hospital a...

Indoor parking, St. Joseph hospital across street, 3 meals, weekly housekeeping, social events, transportion, indoor pool, health care nurses on site 6am-10pm 7 days a week, medicare certified theripist on site, beauty palor, chapel on premises, conceriage desk monitored 24 hours a day, little expensive but quality and care is great.

Nestled in a quiet wooded area, Brookdale Wornall Place offers beautiful views and a relaxing atmosphere. Situated close to interstate 435, our location provides easy access to the Saint Joseph Health Center, shops, restaurants, pharmacies and local attractions in Kansas City. And with our extensive transportation services, we'll take you where you need to go!
Whether you're ready to simplify your life or eliminate the daily demands of home ownership, Brookdale Wornall Place is the perfect solution.

Our spacious apartments have wall-to-wall carpeting and come with fully equipped kitchens, walk-in showers and individual climate control to keep your apartment just the way you like it. And, for your peace of mind, all apartments have an emergency response system that our trained staff is ready to respond to 24 hours a day.

We know that it's a big decision when someone chooses a community to call their home and at The Grand Court our approach to senior living reflects that. Besides providing everything our residents could want we make sure to have everything they could need. We understand their changing needs and we are always ready to meet them.