Sunrise of Flossmoor - Flossmoor, IL

Sunrise is a small, intimate facility. The staff was pleasant and [Removed] was quite informative. Unfortunately, because of its size, there are few available rooms.

I was very impressed with Sunrise. Definitely on my list right now. I have several facilities I am still going to visit and compare to Sunrise

Dad' Care

This is a good community for the care of my father. The staff is caring and attentive to his needs. We like that they have a nice variety. of healthy. They do offer an open environment for the residents. I am happy knowing that my father is doing well. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

My Respite With the Community

I stayed with the community for over a week as a respite resident. Overall the experience was very pleasant. My only issues was in the dining room. it was too crowded when it came time to eat with everyone.

Nothing but praise

This community is smaller than some of the other communities in the area. The staff are wonderful. They have many long term staff members. They are personable, professional and treat my wife very well. The food is very good they offer a good selection and a private dining room if you would like to have a private family meal. They offer a lot of activities including yoga. They have a nice veranda patio and walking paths. This community is very nice and I would highly recommend it.

A good tour

I liked this community when we visited. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. This community allows pets and they offer daily activities. This community did not have an opening when we visited.

My tour

I thought this was a beautiful community when we visited. The people we met were friendly and answered our questions. They offer daily activities. This community was just a little out of our price range.

Feels like a resort setting.

The staff is awesome and very into helping mom as they are always there when you need them. They help to keep her active. They offer a lot of activities. The food is very good and mom loves it. This is a smaller well taken care of community. The entire staff is personable. You can go out for a walk or take your loved one out for a visit. Everything about the place is awesome and I have already recommended it.

Sunrise Senior Living of Flossmoor

I am overjoyed to find such an amazing place for my mom!

I liked this community!!

I liked this community the best. The staff I met were nice and the community was clean. They had a long waiting list so we had to find another community.

Very home like. Smaller than some, but that's part of the charm.

What an ideal place! The staff was wonderful. Debbie is awesome. From the moment we entered the building, the Concierge got up to come and warmly greet us. Debbie was very friendly and professional, and thorough in explanation of how the facility runs. She is also very accommodating. We would love for our parents to stay at such an outstanding place. Staff knows the residents by name, everyone was friendly, everything was very positive and upbeat, even in the Memory Care section. I couldn't be more impressed.

All Stars, Stars, Stars

I like the facility and my sister likes it too. The community is very clean and the staff are always cleaning. The staff are very good and very friendly, they know her name and treat her good. My sister loves the meals too. The price is expensive but worth the care.

Very comfortable environment

Very pleased with Sunrise of Flossmoor. My Mom & Dad have been there for 2 weeks now. My Mom has dementia, but has improved physically already. My Dad was very reluctant to move out of his house, but is adjusting well. Food is excellent! Caregivers are friendly and accommodating. I visited three assisted living facilities in the area and this was the best one by far. Nice Victorian architecture in a woodsy setting. Only 40 to 45 residents. Feels very warm and inviting.

A wonderful place for my mom and true peace of mind for me.

I'd highly recommend Sunrise of Flossmoor. I moved my 92-year-old mom there a year ago when she reached the point of needing assisted living. She could get around on her own (with a walker) and was mentally alert, but definitely slowing down and getting forgetful. There are several aspects of Sunrise that make it a great place. 1) The staff is very attentive to health care needs and in keeping the family informed. My mom has needed extra health services, including for leg sores from poor circulation (which she has had on & off for years). As soon as it flared up, they arranged for visiting nurse services and then let me know. As her forgetfulness started to get worse, they arranged for a therapist for work on memory improvement and let me know. (All covered by Medicare). I feel that I don't have to worry at all about her being well cared for. 2) The residence is home like and the staff is universally warm and outgoing. Overall, the atmosphere is friendly and upbeat. 3) There are diverse activities everyday covering all sorts of interests. Including an afternoon social at 2:30 almost daily. Who doesn't enjoy getting together with others in the middle of the afternoon for an ice cream social or taco party? It's very reassuring to me knowing that my mom has interesting programs to participate in every day.

I'm not sure that this written description adequately describes the outstanding place this is for a family member who can no longer live alone. All I can say is, definitely take a look at Sunrise if you're looking for an assisted living residence.

Nurse

My mothers nurse here is absolutely wonderful. She is dedicated to helping my mother and for that I am truly grateful.

The place is beautiful

The place is beautiful! The staff is extremely friendly, and they know all the residents by name. They do, however, need to communicate to the family more of what's going on with the patients. If I lived in another state and left my mom there for them to care for her, it would be very challenging. I would like for them to keep me more consistently in the loop on everything that's going on. That's the only disappointment.

Sunrise of Flossmoor has been a very ...

Sunrise of Flossmoor has been a very good experience. I'm very happy and my mom is very happy there. I'm very pleased with the facility, the staff, and their excellent communication with me.

sunrise

Sunrise was a great find! It has a small family like atmosphere. The staff was responsive and friendly.

Fantastic place for your loved ones!

I needed a place to move my mother from another facility who did not care for her properly. From the moment I toured Sunrise I knew mom would be well taken care of. They help me with the whole process from beginning to end. I have seen a very positive improvement in my mother and in her care!

Nice, caring staff.

Overall the staff was very nice. I like the Sunrise philosophy. My aunt was only there 3 months before she passed. She was especially difficult and they did the best they could. It was unfortunate that she had to spend 5 or 6 weeks in the memory unit initially, as she didn't really need it and it gave her a unpleasant introduction to her new environment.

I do however, find the organization called "a place for Mom" too persistent and got way too much contact from them.

I do not think they serve that important a purpose, as I really did the research on my own.

We are basically satisfied.

The food is probably a four. In the memory care area the residents often wander from room to room and take things, which is normal, so maybe keeping a little better eye on that. It looked neat and clean and the staff seemed friendly, and they had a lot of activities which is why we chose this community. We are basically satisfied.

Sunrise is a place I would ...

Sunrise is a place I would consider. There was a lot of activity as soon as you walked in the door. They take pets also. I had a tour with Jason

Mostly Positive

They have movie nights, wine and cheese parties, they go out to shopping, etc. I think that the only thing that they could improve on, as with everyone else, is that it seems like they are a little short handed. The waitstaff that is serving the meals are the same people that are transporting the residents that can't get down to the dining room themselves. They sit there for a long, long time waiting for the meal to be served and cleaned up, and there have been some complaints about that. We chose for a couple reasons. They have a room on the ground floor and my mom was wheelchair bound and I didn't think that she would navigate using the elevator all the time. I went the last day of the month so they gave her a double room and she has a really nice private area.

Sunrise is a Wonderful Place

Everything was fine with that. On the 22nd of July he had a fall and he's in a skilled nursing facility for rehab so it only lasted about three weeks but other than that everything was going well for him. Sunrise is a wonderful place.

Great community

(Value not rated too soon) We chose this community because they had immediate availability for a 1 bedroom apartment. The apartment is 441 sqft and has a bathroom, living room and kitchenette. The care that they offer is really good. The location is very convenient for our family. The staff was very accommodating and willing to help the residents. We are please with Sunrise and would recommend them to anyone.

Friendly

I chose the Sunrise of Flossmoor because they are very friendly and I feel they give quality care. It is a small environment which I felt would be a good fit for my father.

Nice facility with activites and memo...

Nice facility with activites and memory care.

One of my sister and I went to this s...

One of my sister and I went to this site and had a tour (unscheduled). The Director took her time and gave us a tour (also unscheduled).

My favorite facility. Only concern i...

My favorite facility. Only concern is long-term cost. Will try to schedue a short stay for her to experience this wonderful place.

I had the tour for this facility. It...

I had the tour for this facility. It is a nice place, but I do not think it is a fit for my parents.