Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge - Country Club Hills, IL

not impressed

I am not as impressed with the staff as I expected. they don't keep up with the clients like the should if the clients don't get around easily. cleaning crew not as good as Brookdale.

Beth Delany

Hi James, thank you for connecting with us. Maintaining a clean and health environment for our residents is the team's top priority. If you have concerns, please call our community and we can resolve issues you might be experiencing.

Long, Tedious Move-in Process

I toured at the Victory Center and while the community itself seemed nice, I didn’t like that the move-in process was very long and tedious, and that the staff did not seem to want to work with us at all.

Teamwork Makes the DreamWork!

My mother moved in one month ago and [Removed] welcomed my mom with open arms as this was a very difficult decision for us. My mother was very reluctant about transitioning to an assistant living; however, both [Removed] encouraged my mom. [Removed] won my mother over to the point my mother now looks for [Removed]. [Removed] is my mom's new found friend!

[Removed] was responsive and accommodating to my mom and I and even to the current residents. [Removed] knew each resident by name, impressive! The impact these ladies had on my mom at such an emotional time was soothing. I appreciate their concern, patience and efforts.

Before my mom came to Victory she wasn't eating consistently and she struggled to get herself ready for dialysis on her dialysis days. Now she receives assistance with her showers, assistance in getting ready for dialysis and she is eating regularly. Lastly, she now has interaction with people throughout the day on a daily basis. The elderly need socialization. Thank you [Removed]! Victory has relieved a lot of the burden it was to care for my mom. I am thankful to Victory!

As far as the care aspect of Victory, I can say they are RESPONSIVE. I consistently communicate with the Wellness Executive and the folks responsible for my mother's care. The Wellness Executive made a recommendation to me regarding my part in my mother's care and she was correct. Once I stepped back a little my mother began to transition much better. Hence, it takes collaboration and communication on both parts.

I can also say the administrative team is also willing and capable to redevise a care plan to see what works. I believe the key is FAMILY. As family members, we must be active and hands on with Victory because it's a partnership. I am thankful for my new family, Victory of Sierra Ridge! Together as a team we are caring for my mother.

Horrible

This place is a disgrace. These reviews are fake. There are absolutely no pros, only cons. There is only a doctor there ONE day a week and most of the time patients still won't get a chance to see him when they're scheduled to. The staff is lazy and horrible. My grandmother is blind and fell on the floor and she managed to pull the call light. No one came for over 6 HOURS later and she was lying on the floor in pain the entire time. She had to stay in the hospital for a while after that. The bad stories about this place are endless. Needless to say, I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.

Greal place for your loved ones

At age 99, after years of living on her own, my Mom began to start falling down periodically. As there were many times she was alone, and with both me and my daughter working full-time, we became concerned for her welfare and thought it was time to find a nice facility where we all could have peace of mind and Mom could also enjoy the company of other seniors. As we started looking at facilities, we did get a little discouraged. But, my cousin had a friend who knew of Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge and advised us to go see the facility.
On our first visit to Victory Centre, we met [Removed] (Lifestyle Coordinator); she provided answers to all of my questions, assisted me with the paperwork and was always available at every step of the process. She has a genuine love and affection for the residents and made my Mom feel special right way. Latrice even let my daughter and I decorate Mom’s room before she moved in to make her transition easier. We still have videos of Mom walking in her room and crying with happiness, so pleased about her beautiful room.
A few months after moving in my Mom had some health issues, with several stays in the hospital. At this time, I really thought we would have to find alternate housing. But [Removed] (Executive Director) called me and said that Victory Centre was Mom’s home and of course, she could come back. That really sealed it for me. Mom eventually recovered from her health issues and has been doing well. I can tell she is loved by many of the workers and residents, which gives me such peace of mind. The facility is clean, they have numerous outings and activities and a nice menu in their dining room. All the nurses are extremely nice, especially [Removed] and have been helpful in keeping me updated on Mom’s health.
A couple of years ago at Mom’s 100th birthday, the Director and many of the workers and residents were on hand to help Mom celebrate. Mom will be 102 years old this September and continues to do well and I know a lot of that is due to being at Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge. I would definitely recommend this facility for your loved one.

You feel like you are at a hotel!!!

This community has a hotel feeling to it. It does not feel like a nursing home. The community is clean and well taken care of. My loved one seems to like the food. They offer daily activities as well as outings. I would recommend this community.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that your loved one is doing so well. As always, please reach out to Julia, our Executive Director, if you have any suggestions or questions.

Blessed!

On may 14 2016 I celebrated my first year at Sierra Ridge!
Julia(Executive Director, my friend) and Keisha(my nurse)have went out their way to help me with my diabetes. I was taking 3 metaformin a day and now I take 1 cut in half and I have lost 50 lbs!
Julia has helped me get my life back and that was the first thing I asked when I got here. She has shared her family with me and made sure I have a safe , caring home here. We have shared tears and she has helped me make many memories. The staff and other residents here are now my extended family. I have grown to love them and I thank god everyday for all my blessings.
So how is your day? If you come visit Victory center you will be blessed too....

Best Place at the Right Time

My dad's ability to care for himself began to decline in mid 2015. I lived an hour away from him and was very concerned for his safety and well being. He suffers from dementia and he began having several incidents, which raised cause for alarm, where his safety was concerned. I was not able to move him in with me and had lots of concerns when considering placing him in a safe and caring environment that would provide him the attention that he needed.
I began to look in to what my options were and quickly became frustrated at the process of searching. Finally, I reached Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge on my search list. I must say that all though they were 7 on my list, they were well worth the wait! I believe that by contacting the previous 6 locations, it made it so obvious that Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge was exactly what I was looking for.
From the moment I met with Latrice, Lifestyle Coordinator ( she is amazing,) I had not doubt that my dad would be taken care of at this facility. I left our first meeting feeling such a sigh of relief that I had made the right decision in getting him placed in their care.
Today, I have no regrets. Everyone that I have encountered at the facility have been nothing but courteous, attentive, and caring to my father's needs. They all know my dad by name, and they know what apartment he lives in. Diane keeps sweets up at the front desk for him because she knows that he loves them. When I am feeling concerns regarding my dad's health needs, they always make the time to meet with me and help me understand what he is experiencing because they are very familiar with the stages of his condition. Whenever his doctors add changes to his care regimen, they are very accommodating when meeting the needs of these changes.
I just cannot totally convey just how appreciative and glad I am that they have been there for me and my dad during this difficult time of change in his life.

Attentive, Professional and Caring

My mom has been a resident at Victory Center of Sierra Ridge for the past 1 1/2 years. During that time the staff has been attentive, professional and friendly. Mom has thrived in this environment. My family and I are thankful to Julia and her staff for showing care and concern and for consistently looking out for the residents' best interests.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that your mom has thrived in our community. As always, please continue to let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make her stay even better.

My Mom's Safe Haven

My mother has been a resident of Victory Center of Sierra Ridge since October 2014. After having 2 strokes & a pacemaker in July - September 2014, it was determined this was the next best move for her health as she was limited on what she could do for herself.

Since being at Victory Centre she has come a long way. She is walking, talking, & even singing. She still needs assistance with bathing, meds, housekeeping & laundry; all of which Victory Centre offers along with her meals.

My mother loves the food. She is diabetic and has high blood pressure. Her glucose is under control now as well as her blood pressure. She adores the nursing staff.

I should add, my mother has numerous other illnesses that are considered terminal illnesses. To that end, Comfort Care was recommended early this year. She has gotten even better. Between the music therapy, chaplin, cna, nurse & social worker; her social skills have more than exceeded my expectations. She was having to make numerous visits to the emergency room; she hasn't been since being under their care along with Victory Centre.

One last comment I want to add, my mother feels safe. Should an incident happen, of which there has only been one, the staff was attending her in less than 3 minutes. She said she wasn't worried about falling and any other accident because she felt confident they would be there for her.

From the receptionist, to the executive director, I give them the highest praise!!!

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that your mother is doing so well at our community. We will be sure to pass on the praise to our team members.

New Activity Manager is great!

My mom has lived at this community for a number of years. They have gone through several management changes over the last few years. Some changes have been good. One change in particular has been really good. The activity manager Katherine is outstanding. She is very kind to my mom and encourages her to try new things. Ever since she got there, I noticed that my mom is more upbeat and happy.
Their is definitely a whole more going on there then there used to be.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that your mom is responding so well to Katherine. We are very lucky to have her!

Okay if yo don't have needs.

Not a bad facility if your relatively independent. If yo need help with anything your taking your chances. They say they will assist to end of life care but they are not at all equipt, trained, nor staffed well enough to do so. Moved our mom out when her needs escalated. She was neglected, intimidated and bullied when she started asking for more help. Most. The AIDS had no idea what they were to do with her on a Daly basis. After she left there her health improved a lot and she was so much calmer. They apologize a lot and agree with the complaints but nothing changes. Sadly a lot of people are not getting their needs met there. This facility is on a watch list by the dept of senior services. But they don't do much either.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about your concerns with our community. We work hard to make sure that the care and needs of our residents are met. It sounds like we had a service failure in regards to your mother and we sincerely apologize. Julia our Executive Director will be happy to speak to you further at [removed]. We are happy to hear that your mother is doing much better and wish her the very best.

They care!

My mother lives in the community and I can't thank them enough for making her feel "special". Julia (Executive Director) and the wellness team go above and beyond to make sure my mom is healthy and receives all the care she needs. The whole staff are fantastic and go above and beyond each and everyday, not just for my mom but for every resident and it is evident when you walk around the common areas and see the interactions staff have with the residents. Julia and her staff truly care and I cannot thank them enough! I would recommend anyone thinking about senior care for their loved one to tour the facility and you will see what I mean

horrible and bed bugs

I was very disappointed that they no longer employ their activity director. We chose this facility due to the energy that this lady had for the residents and activities. My mom really enjoyed the personal attention and events she planned. Unfortunately we are seeking out a new place for mom one that can keep her active again.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you have become unhappy with our community. We hate to see that you are looking to move to another community. We did, unfortunately, lose our last Community Life Manager but are happy to say that we have a new one starting this upcoming week. We are sure that you will see the programs pick up again and offer plenty of opportunities for your mom to stay active. Julia Milne, Our Executive Director, will be contacting you to discuss your concerns. It is always our goal to meet the needs of our residents and provide them with opportunities to live life to the fullest, it sounds like we have not provided this for your mother and we greatly apologize.

It was more of a hospital setting and I did not like that at all.

It was a very big facility and very nice. The only thing is, when you walked in it smelled of urine, badly. Also a lot of double rooms, and not many private rooms. It was more of a hospital setting and I did not like that at all.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Our staff works diligently to keep our community clean and smelling fresh, unfortunaley from time to time our residents do have accidents. I apologize that it seems that you visited during one of these times. Our community has both studio and companion apartments with the majority of them being studios. Due to our companion apartments being fully occupied we typically only show our studio apartments to guests unless specifically requested to see the companions. I would like to invite you back to our community to tour with Latrice McGee our Lifestyle Specialist in hopes that you will have a much better experience. Again, thank you for your review. It is through reviews that we can improve our community.

Victory Centre was clean and bright, which is a plus. Megan was very informative and gave us a detailed tour. They offer a lot of activities everyday. The only downside is they only offer studio apts.

Nicole Bartecki

Thank you for your review. I hope that we are able to meet your needs and be the right community for you.

Victory Centre of Sierra Ridge is located in pleasant Country Club Hills, Illinios; which is home to the greatest Wal-Mart Supercenter in Chicago's urban region at over 203,000 square feet! We offer 120 apartments with supportive living or a 73 apartment senior living community for those who are independent. Community gathering spaces where residents may commune and gather as they please, including a living room with a fireplace, craft room, exercise center, private and community dining rooms, medical exam room, patio and even a garden. We pride ourselves on our service bundle which is all inclusive, providing you with financial tranquility and the knowledge that you will never go without. There is always something going on in the community, we have events weekly and the opportunity to be social is around every corner. There are routine wellness checks, followups with resident's primary physicians and coordination of other medical services. Assistance with daily living including dressing, bathing, grooming, transferring and ambulating, the list never ends! Our community base and all inclusive service will give you and your loved ones the peace of mind you have made the right decision when coming to live with us!