Holland Home - South Holland, IL

Easy Move-in Process

Our experience with Holland Home has been very good so far. The move-in process was very easy and quick, and I love that the staff is so attentive. If I have a question or there are any updates, they are great at calling me back. My loved one really enjoys the food, and he is excited about the activities and the church services they offer. I would recommend Holland House to other families looking for a good place for their loved one.

This place has all the things our family is looking for in caring for our Dad as he is in need of memory care. From the reception to the tour I felt my Dad's interests were most important.

Respite Stay

My loved one stayed at the Holland Home for a brief respite stay. They were accommodating for my needs of being able to drop her off early to catch my flight, and we were able to pay day by day. When I came to pick her up she wasn't as fresh and clean smelling as when I left her but they probably did the best that they could. Also when I had come to take her home I had left her hearing aid and some of her personal items. I called the next day to see if they had saved the items and they only found the hearing aid. Overall they did a pretty good job of taking care of her. She didn't complain about the food, she seemed well fed when I picked her up. The staff members had her outside enjoying the garden and fresh air when my sister came to visit her. They encouraged the residents to participate in the activities. They also made sure they came down to the dining room to eat and get out of their rooms. When I toured the community they showed me a nice room that was cheerful and brightly painted. The room she stayed in was clean but drab and depressing.

Our Respite Here

In an emergency time we were able to go to this home for a one time respite. My husband said he it was fine while he was there. His meals and care were fine for him. It was clean with staff who were fine too. For that short time he was taken care of just fine.

Care for loved ones

I toured this community for my mothers care. They need to make some improvements where is more positive. They have a list of nice active, This community needs to make it a positive community so that the residents have a more cheerful home environment. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My Husband's Care

I am very happy with the good care of this community. The community is very clean and the other residents are appearing to be very happy. The activities are so helpful for my husband. I like that he is happy here with an active environment. A warm home feeling that has an excellent menu for him to choose from. We would recommend this private community for great care and outstanding

Good Community!

The staff at Holland Home have been very helpful with the move. We are very satisfied with the level of care that they have provided. Our loved one is doing well and getting adjusted to the community. He has enjoyed the variety of options at meals. The community is nicely kept and well maintained throughout.

My husband enjoyed his respite stay at Holland Home!!!!

The staff are nice and forthcoming. He seemed to like the food and they gave him extra portions of the food he liked. They had daily activities and exercise classes he participated in. The community is clean and I will be using it again for respite care.

Not satisfied at the current time. Ma...

Not satisfied at the current time. Many concerns, one main one being not enough staff for the resident's and level of care needed. My mother's basic needs aren't being met. For example, due to lack of staff, my mother has to wait an hour just to go to the restroom. I feel the facility has potential but right now, there's work to be done.

So far so good. They could have a little more educated staff.

So far so good. They could have a little more educated staff. This seemed to be the least of the evils, it was the best place I saw. The food is a lot better here than her last place. They listen to me, if I have a question or a concern they get right on it, and work with me. They are also honest, even when I don't want to hear it.

They are watching out for her, we are very happy with where she is.

We had dinner there and the food was very good. She's clean, and she's brighter than she was, because she is not alone anymore, she's more alive, she will talk to you and carry on a conversation now. She has put on weight, she is being well taken care of. There was no odor when we walked in. We talked to everyone we ran into, all the residents, and when we joined them in the dining room, everybody was dressed and fixed up, their hair was combed, and they were well taken care of. Elyssia was the most helpful caring person I've ever dealt with, she wanted to make sure we were happy with what was happening with her. They are watching out for her, we are very happy with where she is. Even on the memory care unit you didn't see people walking around moping and doing nothing. We got a warm fuzzy feeling from the community. The people were very helpful and very friendly, never once did they try to stop us from talking to the residents.

so far, so good

Mom moved in Monday. We are pleased so far.

Clean Place with Friendly People

I just visited and had a meal there and took a little tour. The cleanliness seemed good and the people were friendly. It seemed nice. I think they give you 3 meals a day. It's an older property but it's kept in good shape. It's a big place.

Holland Home has been a part of the South Holland Community since 1973 and offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care in the same building. Additionally, Rehabilitation and skilled nursing available on the same campus, to provide for any need. Residents receive three meals a day, weekly housekeeping, chaplain services, access to our personal fitness trainer, 24 hour nursing availability and a variety of other services - all included in a single sensible price.

We now offer dementia-specific living. We offer spacious apartments in addition to specially trained staff and support personnel. We offer an on-site Psychiatric Medical Director as well as specialized activity programming to enhance the quality of life for those suffering the effects of dementia disorders.