Waterford Estates - Hazel Crest, IL

Waterford March 2018

My mother-in-law really enjoys living here. She likes the restaurant style dining room, including the food! Happy hour is her favorite activity. The atmosphere is fun and inviting, and the Waterford staff is very friendly.

Excellent , more like this. Very appropriate for her stage of care. A lot to offer!

Nice, neat, and clean

So far, things are going good for my Dad here. One thing they could improve on is the service in the dining area because, by the time he gets his dinner, it’s cold. The food is good though and he seems satisfied with it. There are usually 2 or 3 choices for him to pick from, so there’s some variety. The staff is good with answering any questions or finding the answer if they don’t have one. The building itself is nice, neat, clean, and doesn’t have a weird smell. They have a few different activities available like game nights and movies. Based on our experience, I would recommend them.

Geared towards a younger crowd

This was a very nice facility but I did not pick this one for my Father because he would have been farther away from home. It would have been a whole new area that he would have to learn. The facility itself was very clean and orderly. They do offer a lot of activities but they are geared more towards a younger crowd and couples. Some of the activities include pool activities and cocktail hour. I would recommend this community to other families

Wonder, caring residence

Mom moved into Waterford Estates and the transition was smooth, caring, and easy. The admin staff is fantastic. The staff is patient and understands that moving into a new home as an elderly person takes time for adjustment. I highly recommend this residence.

Review of Waterford Estates - Hazel Crest, IL

Very nice. The facility and the staff are first class. Care for Dorothy has been so good. I have been considering on moving here for myself in the independent portion of the building.
[Removed]

My wife lives in the Memory Care Unit

Very Nice. The facility and the staff are first class. Care for my wife, [Removed], has been so good. I have been considering on moving here for myself in the Independent portion of the building.

Review of Waterford Estates - Hazel Crest, IL

I visited several homes and selected us for my uncle. I made the right decision! He really like his new home and has made many friends. We is a warm and caring senior living facility. My uncle and his family are treated with courteous and respect. We provides many activities both onsite and off. The food service is very good and accommodating as well.

This facility is like moving into a hotel. Beautiful furniture, grounds, stand was exceptionally nice. My love one will feel good here and be safe.

My uncle loves his home and we love it for him

I visited several homes and selected Waterford Estates for my uncle. I made the right decision. He really likes his new home and has made many friends. Waterford is a warm and caring senior living facility. My uncle and his family are treated with courtesy and respect. Waterford provides many activities both on and off site. The food service is very good and accommodations as well.

Mom's New Chapter

Mom moved into the community over a month ago and loves this place. There are activities, excursions, pleasant residents and a friendly staff willing to assist. She moved here to have people around her and daily activities that she could not enjoy any longer due to giving up her driving. Her comment is why did it take her so long to begin this new chapter in her life. As her family, we are relieved that she is enjoying this place and has people around her on a daily basis.

Excellent location and service provided by [Removed].

A nice community

Mom likes living at this community. She likes the food and they offer a variety of choices including soups and salad. They do offer daily activities. Dad is still trying to adjust to living at this community. The staff has been great at trying to help dad get adjusted. They offer physical therapy and we like that they have a pool. They keep the community clean and I would recommend this community.

Waterford is a wonderful place for myself and Husband

Thank you much for your care and concern for us.

We have moved into Waterford Estates as of 7/26.

We are very thankful for the facility's willingness to work during the long process passing papers on home.

We are settling in and are so far HAPPY with our choice of new resident.

Again thank you offering your assistance though a very stressful.

[Removed]

Nice community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and very well maintained with lots of great amenities available to everyone. I would recommend it to anyone.

Helpful care

I like this service for finding us someone as soon as needed to come to our home. I like knowing that the care takers comes on time and is very respectful. I know that she is reliable and is always happy with being able to help with some of the household responsibilities that are needed. She helps with cooking that is required for the assistance that is needed. We have recommended this service and the care takes for other families for great value.

Great Experience

my love one is doing great with her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in a good hands in this facility. They have an awesome staff at this community. When I visit the community, and her room. I have no complaints about this community. It has been a great experience for my love one, and her family. I would highly recommend this community.

An ok community

This community did not appeal to me. It seemed dark and did not seem as active. The person that took me on tour was nice and seemed knowledgable.

Amazing Value, Caring Community

Amazing value, caring staff. [Removed] was outstanding in helping our family through the process during this time of change for my mother. Waterford is a pleasant, self-contained community and very conveniently located. Lovely physical environment. Would highly recommend it!

Waterford Estates has given our family peace of mind

My mother has been a resident of Waterford Estates for nearly 9 years. She is now 95 years old. The staff here is very friendly and genuinely care about the residents. When my mom was still able to travel, Waterford offered a bus that would take her to the drug store, grocery store, bank, etc. It gave her a sense of freedom and independence that made both of us feel better. The staff knows our family on sight and always greets us with a smile. I have peace of mind, knowing that help is near if Mom should need it.

Too early to tell but so far so good.

I have not participated in the activities, as I am not a resident but was responsible for a friend moving to Waterford Estates. It has only been three weeks and so far they have done everything that is expected. The staff is very friendly and most importantly, they relate to my friend very well.

My parents care

I am very happy knowing that my parents are happpy in this nice community. We like the staff that is always very attentive and pleasant. The community is clean and my parents are happy with the nice variety of meals. They have a nice variety to choose from when it comes to the activites. I would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Possible care for family

I toured this community for the care for my mom.The staff was very nice and they did answer the questions we had. The menu seems to be good. They do offer a nice life of activities and they have an indoor pool that is available to the residents and social activities. The community is dark and does need to appear more bright for the residents. We would recommend a tour of the community for other families.

My tour

This is an older worn out community. They did let us know that they were going to be doing some remodeling. The community seemed clean and the person we spoke to was friendly and knowledgeable.

Still adjusting

The staff at the front desk are nice and helpful. They offer some activities, however I would like to see some more offered. My loved one likes the food and they will bring it to your room for a fee. The rooms here are more spacious than at most of the other communities we looked at. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

30 day minimum stay

My father's care

I was happy with the care that my father received from this very nice community. The staff were very nice and caring to his needs. The community was clean and always maintained. The meals were a good health variety. They do offer activities for the residents. We would recommend other families to this nice community for good care and value

Great Staff!!

I have no complaints of my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and where very friendly to my father and I. They gave us a very detailed tour of there facility and made sure to answer and questions that we had for them in detail. All of the residents looked happy and content in there living environment which was pleasant to see. It was just not the right fit for my dad and we ended up choosing a different place for him.

Couldn't ask for better!

Everything about the Waterford Estates has been positive! I am very happy since my move here. They do everything they promised upon move in and they are speedy about doing it too. They have a good selection of food during meal times, and if you do not get full, you could ask for more. It does not get better than that. I love it here.

The property and staff there were wonderful and we are considering this place for my mother-in-law.

Mom's Care

The care for my mom at this community is very good for her. We like the staff that are always caring to her needs. The food is very appealing. She likes alot of the activiites that are offered. We are please with the care of this community and the value for her care.

Large Variety Of Activities!!

Everything is going well for my father since his move into this community. He has adjusted very well with the help of the staff and other residents. I can't really think of any improvements they could make. He thinks the meals are great, and he is involved in a lot of activities. They also have a lot of outings which are very fun for him. Overall we would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great community.

A good place for the cost!!

This community could use a little more staff. It seems the good ones working there are over worked and not as attentive as I think they should be. They have enough activities and they keep the community clean. Dad is about half and half with the food but everything is cooked appropriately. I would recommend this community.

So Far Everything Is Good

My father is doing pretty well here at this community. So far everything is going good for us here. They have a very good staff here, they have been quite helpful and kind. He hasn't tired any activities yet, but there are many for him to choose from. They do serve well balanced meals. They are providing him with good care. He is safe and in good hands. Overall this is a community I would recommend.

Disappointing. Impersonal. Although this facility seemed to run smoothly, I didn't get the feeling of personal care and concern for residents that I was looking for. Didn't seem too accommodating either.

Beautiful Community

Waterford Estates is a very nice community. The food is really good, nice activities for the residents. The staff is extremely friendly and take great care of the residents. We are very pleased.

Excellent Experience

So far our experiences here at this community have been great. They are taking very good care of my mother. They do a very good job with keeping everything well maintained. My mother room is always nice and clean when I visit. They offer activities, she has gone to a church service. She is pleased with the food. I'am comfortable with the type of care they are providing her. I would recommend it.

Ben was especially helpful and accessible whenever we had any questions. The facility is beautiful and well thought out. All of the employees are friendly and make a point of greeting you. I can't say enough about all of the people who check on my mother-in-law, take her to meals and activities, bathe her and give her medicine. So far, we feel like we made a good choice

They were not able to accommodate my mom due to her having Alzheimer and they do not accept medicaid. Only private pay.

We liked it, but it was too expensive.

We toured here when we were looking for options. We liked it, it was nice. The base price was exactly that though a BASE price. It was extra for each thing, and then a level of care on top of that. It was just too expensive we were looking for something more all inclusive.

Waterford Estates - Outstanding Senior Residence

I cannot adequately express my gratitude to the staff at Waterford Estates. From the first interviews with Kelly and Katherine while taking the tour of the facilities to the outstanding dedication of the 4th floor nurses, Taryn and Jen. Everyone on staff is always greeting residents and visitors with a cheerful smile and provide whatever assistance is needed. My mother has had a number of health issues since becoming a resident and the quick attention and thoroughness has been nothing less than extraordinary. They never hesitate to take immediate action for her well-being and are diligent in contacting me with a status update. The patience and professionalism of her day-to-day care-givers is outstanding. During several of my visits, i have been greatly impressed with the quality and nutrition of her meals. The various activities provided for the residents is equally as impressive. I can offer, without any hesitation, my recommendation for Waterford Estates.

Bobbi was very helpful and informative of our journey and the process. Gorgeous facility that was so tailored to the age group. I felt like I was in an elegant old hotel/resort. Beautiful, clean, and friendly staff. Will be following up here!

They are doing a pretty good job.

They are doing okay, any concern we have that comes up gets addressed right away. It's clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They are doing a pretty good job.

Two years ago I took my then 91 year old uncle on a tour of senior living communities hoping that he would decide to move. He has lived alone in a second floor condo with 17 steps for the last twelve years. He was not ready to move then. But last September he got sick, was hospitalized and we realized he could not return to the condo. I was so glad that we had seen Waterford Estates and knew immediately that it was where I wanted my uncle to live. He has moved into a very nice studio apartment and is really enjoying the new lifestyle. Rent comes with 2 meals a day. The dining room is fabulous as are the meals and choices. He needs assistance with medications, bathing and putting on his compression stockings and they accommodate all his needs without charging for more. We are all very happy

Review of Waterford Estates - Hazel Crest, IL

We could not be happier. The staff is always friendly, helpful and responsive. My Uncle is very happy in his new apartment. The dining room is lovely, and according to my Uncle the meals are delicious. I have joined him for a few and agree. It is so nice for him to have people to talk to and things to do in this incredibly supportive environment. The medical assistance is billed separately from the rent - and it is necessary only to pay for the assistance actually needed that month. This saves money and helps my Uncle maintain his independence. We were very lucky to find Waterford Estates. I wish there were more caring homes like this in other suburbs.

My experience with Waterford Estates ...

My experience with Waterford Estates has been good. The staff there is very friendly, caring, and professional. They do a good job keeping my wife and I informed of things going on with my father. They are also responsive when we call. The food is very food, and they are accommodating by providing food to the residents if they are unable to make meal time, or if they have eating issues, and need the food cut up in smaller pieces.

The management here isn't very good, they don't address tenants concerns.

The management here isn't very good, they don't address tenants concerns. They won't answer my calls, and I have even been hung up on. There is a lot of wear and tear to the building, and there were a lot of things they told me would get done or fixed before I moved in, it's been several months, and it's never been done. The cleanliness is lacking, there are places in here I won't go because the chairs are dirty and stained. When I go to the dining room sometimes I have to wipe down my chair before I can sit down, because there is food in it. I have a concern about the safety of the food as well, the temperature is not safe, in my opinion, they have no fans or way to cool it down, and they don't wash the melons before they cut them up. I have been getting ill lately, and when I found out about the fruit I stopped eating it and have been feeling much better. They were supposed to turn the air conditioning off in the beginning of October, but they turned it off early. It's still over eighty degrees outside, and even warmer in my apartment, they won't turn it back on. I have a very noisy tenant above me making noises at 2 and 4 in the morning, I have had to adjust my sleeping hours around that. They said they were going to move them or me to a different room, and that hasn't happened yet. I would say if you are thinking of going here, think twice, a lot of people are leaving, and it's not cheap for what you get.

The Waterford Estates is a lovely fac...

The Waterford Estates is a lovely facility. I'm pleased with the cleanliness of it. The staff is wonderful and does a very good job of providing care for the residents. I was very pleased with the admissions process. My loved one is very happy with the many activities they offer, and she really enjoys them. I have no complaints. I'm very satisfied overall. And I would highly recommend The Waterford Estates to others.

I highly recommend Waterford Estates....

I highly recommend Waterford Estates. The food here is wonderful. The staff is very caring and friendly. They have lots of activities to participate in. And the place is very clean, spotless.

A great new home!

We recently moved my brother into Waterford Estates in Hazel Crest, IL. So far, it has been absolutely wonderful. The staff are compassionate and caring and have been very helpful. There are many activities if a resident wishes to participate. As yet, my brother has not taken advantage of
most of the activities. I would strongly recommend this assisted living facility. In addition to providing excellent service for my brother, the family can rest easy knowing that he is living in a great place.

Very much at home

My Father was very comfortable, and loved the dinning room and service there. He compared it to a fine hotel, with great food and menu !......it was the high light of his day.

We love it!

We love it! She loves it. She calls it her home. She has someone who comes in and vacuums and dusts once a week. The bathroom is always clean. She does up her own little dishes. You can ask all the questions you like of the staff, and whatever they don’t know they’ll find out. They are expensive. They have a lot of activities. She’s starting to branch out a little. They have a library. We’re so happy.

I was so pleased with them

I was so pleased with them, they were close, and it was so lovely, and so nice. The people there were so nice, they provided us with hospice. The grounds are pretty, and they have a very nice outside courtyard, with umbrellas and benches, and a garden. They have a swimming pool for exercise. It was even a good price. I ate the food and it was fine.

A Short but Sweet stay

My Dad had a 12 day stay in one of three respite rooms. He received adequate 24hr. care while he and my mother thoroughly enjoyed 3 delicious meals a day in their elegant restaurant reminiscent of a vacation lodge. The therapy Dad received from Dave was perfect for his needs.

So far,so good. I'll have a...

So far,so good. I'll have a clearer vision as to how well this fits my Dad's needs in a week or two.

Perfect Fit

We had visited at least 10 assisted living facilities before Tina from A Place for Mom suggested we visit Waterford Estates. I almost decided to cancel the tour, but changed my mind. So happy I did as I loved it there from the moment I walked in. I am so pleased with not only the facility, but with the people who work there. They are caring, helpful and considerate. Always seem concerned with my mom's well-being. Someone checks on her every 2 hours which is a big relief for me. It is very clean, well-appointed and there is always some activity going on for the residents. She has her own apartment which makes her feel at home since the furniture is from her former residence. There is a beautiful dining room on the first floor plus an additional one on the floor where she resides. I know I've made the right choice and would like to thank Tina Schachter from A Place for Mom for her recommendation.

Good Experience

My mother, she stayed there but she didn't end up staying there permanently. She moved back home because she was just doing a trial period and she decided that she would rather live at home.

We chose it for the trial period because we liked the environment, the structure of the building, her apartment, and the pool to swim. Where she was the laundry room was close by and she was on the first floor she didn't have to go up and down stairs or anything. They were very welcoming and friendly and supportive of mom. They were trying to include her whenever there were activities. It was good.

Nice place and they will ta...

Nice place and they will take pets. With my dads pension and social security I need the veterans benefits available to supplement the monthly fees. Holland Home is willing to work with me on that by waiting until I get the check from the VA and assigning it over to them.

C said her friend doesn't l...

C said her friend doesn't like to eat in the dining room because people fall asleep in their food.

Affordable, Quality Assisted Living Care

I looked at over 30 properties in the area for a facility that was professional, affordable, clean, and enjoyable for my aunt and Waterford Estates in Hazel Crest fits perfectly. The staff is attentive, the facility/grounds are like a nice hotel, and the price for her care and room and board is very affordable. The facility is expanding to offer an Alzheimer/Dementia unit and perhaps more assisted living units. We are very comfortable leaving our loved one there knowing that they are taking good care of her and making it a pleasant stay!

Good Value

I don't have experience with a whole lot of others but maybe I should say 5 for the value because being a non profit, they do seem to have lower prices than the other ones we saw. They have on-site doctors who have regular hours in the place so that's convenient if you need to see someone.

They do have a pool, however, they don't want you swimming alone. They do have water exercises but for someone who wants to swim laps, it's not that useful.

They give you two meals a day and you choose which ones. If you want a third one you pay for that. What's also nice is that if you need more care they can go up to Alzheimer's care at additional cost.

My Brother is Comfortable There

My brother is living there. It's a wonderful community. It was a beautiful facility.The people were very kind and he was very comfortable there. The food was good and the fellowship was good with the other residents. They have lots of activities.

My Dad is well cared for and Safe.

In August 2012 my parents moved to the Assisted Living area of Waterford Estates. My Mom was Ill and in October 2012 she passed away. My Dad continues to live at Wateroford.

The time my Mom was there her care was superb. As sick as she was they were there for her.

My Dad has had 5 strokes, is legally blind and cannot comprehend. Waterford has taken him under their wing and care for him. They treat him like they would want their parents treated. The staff is sweet, caring, and it is obvious that the staff wants to be there to help. I feel blessed that I found Waterford. To have my Dad (he is 88) being well cared for is a huge load off of us. He is well cared for, nicely fed, his place and laundry is always kept very well, the staff is well in touch with his needs.

He gets all of his meds, there are nurses, doctors, physical therapists, hospice ect all within the building. There are many activities to participate in. My Dad cannot participate but he can play gin. One of the CNA's learned how to play and spends any of her free time playing cards with my Dad. Thank you Annie !!!

The place is very clean and so are the residents.

What more could I ask for. I have to thank A place for Mom in helping in finding this wonderful place.

Any they also take the VA Disability Pension.

A dream come true for myself and my siblings. Thank you Waterford for keeping my Dad safe.

short term care available, independen...

short term care available, independent and assisted living, has 'independent PLUS' option, has an e-brochure we can download

This place was nice but I just didn't...

This place was nice but I just didn't get a good feeling from it.

Enjoyed touring Waterford again. We ...

Enjoyed touring Waterford again. We liked it.

Seems very nice and has extensive ame...

Seems very nice and has extensive amenities.

The essence of Waterford Estates is best described in three words: understanding, care, and community.

Waterford Estates is located near I57 & I80, on 12 beautiful acres with private walking paths, two ponds and scenic views. Our campus offers those age 62+ independence, privacy, security, socialization and personalized care if needed. We proudly provide Independent Living, Independent PLUS or Assisted Living options. Waterford residents enjoy a lifestyle where convenience services and amenities, such as delicious restaurant style meals, housekeeping, transportation services, 24-hour staffing and extensive social opportunities, are included in one affordable monthly rent. We believe in flexible options, thus do not require a "buy-in", endowment fees. A small one-time community fee is enough to start your move! Monthly rental fees begin at $1,850.00. Affordable short-term, respite and transitional (recovery between rehab and returning home) stays are also available. Review our website www.waterford-living.com and plan to attend an upcoming event. Email us at [email protected] to set up a tour! Personalized Independent Living ~ Independent PLUS ~ Assisted Living