Olympia Fields Senior Living - Olympia Fields, IL

Not Fit For A DOG!

If I could give this place 0 stars I would. I wouldn't put even put my dog in that place after the care they gave my grandmother. First, everyone that works there is just there to get a pay check they do not care about the residents. When they don't want to care for them the hospital even when nothing is wrong. DO NOT ever give them permission to take the rent out of your checking account. The women [name removed] took 3 months rent out over $6,000 on so called mistake. Don't get me started on the women [name removed] at the front desk she is nothing but a noisy [language removed]. I have seen her make faces at the residents after they walk away. The women that runs the place only caters to the people that have money and lives in the villa or has double rooms. If you care about your loved one you have been warned.

Sunrise Senior Living

Employee, [Removed] asked me was my sister a [Removed] after I told her my sister had Dementia and was a Nurse at the VA Hospital for over thirty-five years, I felt very upset and put off . She didn’t even take the time to show me the place. Very disturbing assumptions.

Not Even a Place for My [Removed]

They show you the bells and the whistles; however, they do not live up to what they promise. Under-staffed evenings and weekends especially in the Assisted Living area. [removed]. Zero activities on the weekends for assisted living and very little activities for independent living on the weekends. Nurse leaves at 9P during the week. LPNs, CNAs, or sometimes one of each are left to work evening and overnight hours when they are not sleeping. Care sheet will nickel and dime you to an astronomical rate.

I liked this facility. The vilLas are pricey but nice. Watch out for the extra fees they could add on for services.

You get a lot

The food is decent and they do offer a variety of meal choices. All of the staff I have met so far have been very nice and genuine. They offer a lot of activities and they keep the community well maintained. The cost includes utilities, weekly housekeeping, meals and cable. I would recommend this community.

My mothers care and comfort

I like this community for the good care for my mom. The staff is always nice and very caring. I like knowing .that the meals are appealing for her. The activities are helpful for her to participate. I like knowing that she is happy here and that the other residents are good for her to be active. We would highly recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

My Visit To The Community

I liked this community when we toured it. The people we met were nice and the community looked clean. This community offers a lot of nice amenities.

A tour for care

I liked this community when I took the tour. The staff was caring. They do offer activities. The community was nice and was very clean. They had a lot of activities that would have been offered here. We would recommend that families tour the community for the value for the care of a loved one.

Provides a stimulating, upbeat environment with multiple activities.

They Really Cater to The Residents and Their Needs

My parents are doing well here at this community. They are taking good care of my mother and her needs. My father is also enjoying his time here. They have a great staff. They have been very helpful and kind. They really cater to the residents and their needs. I've tired a couple of the meals and the food is good. The community looks nice, everything is very well maintained. They offer nice activities. I know they are in good hands here. I'am pleased and I would recommend it.

Brookdale is wonderful!

Your first hand experiences really help others. Thanks!

Brookdale has turned out to be the best situation for our Uncle. Having lived in his home for over 89 years, the adjustment to living at Brookdale has turned out to be a very smooth transition due to the excellent support of the staff at Brookdale. What a great feeling to know that our Uncle is being looked after and receiving such wonderful care. Our family cannot thank you enough for all your assistance and care.

Really enjoyed this place. Clean, staff was super nice. Residents there looked happy. O saw a studio & 1 bedroom. 2 large windows in each, super clean & large.

good

My father has only been there at Brookdale Olympia Fields for about a month so we are still adjusting and getting to know the place. We have been pleased but really do not have anything just yet that really stands out in terms of giving us that "wow" factor or where there is major need for improvement.

It's a very nice place.

I toured here in the process of looking for options. It was a very nice place I really loved it everyone was so friendly and the place was very clean. I would have no problem placing my mom there what so ever.

Very nice - so far is my second choice.

So far we are pretty happy with them.

So far we are pretty happy with them. Everything is very clean, and the staff are all friendly. Up to this point they have been okay with the care and attentiveness, but recently there have been a couple of time that nobody has shown up for medication reminders. That has been our only concern so far. The entertainment and activities are great. The food has been very good, I would give it a four or a five.

I was impressed when walkin...

I was impressed when walking into this facility; however, when touring the rooms, I thought it was quite dark and gloomy in the halls. If a senior had any confusion they wouldn't know how to get around. Too large of a place for my mom.

Beautiful community with hidden costs

My loved one was here for less than one month, because it turned out that they could not provide the level of care that would meet her needs. After the assessment, we were given a monthly price and signed a contract. Within the first three days they determined that my loved one needed services that were not included in the monthly fee, and started charging an hourly rate for "additional services" that were never mentioned might be needed during the assessment. If they had determined that my loved one needed these additional services in the beginning it would have been obvious that this was not the right community for her. Our family was financially blindsided and I would recommend that if you are considering them as an option, you think of every scenario you can and ask them what type of extra fees might be charged.

DON'T FALL FOR THEIR "SPECIAL OFFER, BUT ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME"

After signing lease after "hard sell" (offer expiring in a few days) my father changed his mind. Called to cancel lease, they put off returning calls and came up with other options... Finally said "no thank you, please cancel" and they returned only part of rent/deposit saying we needed to pay for the two weeks they drug the process out. THE UNIT WAS NOT EVEN READY FOR OCCUPANCY DURING THE ENTIRE TWO WEEKS. FINALLY READY THE DAY WE CANCELLED.

Very good overall, with a few issues

The higher end care staff here are excellent. The directors, nurses, and just overall care systems they have in place are very good, I'd give them 6 out 5. Where they run in to issues are with the aides. They are much too by the book, they won't deviate or go out of their way to do anything else other than the exact task they were told to do. They also speak to the residents in what I feel is a very patronizing manor. Many of the residents are still completely functioning adults and should be treated as such.

I also like the way they have their communications set up, with the front desk acting as the communication hub. When it works well it is extremely efficient and convenient, but whether it works or not is completely dependent on who is working the front desk at the time. The woman who is there during normal business hours, Mary, is wonderful. Others that we've worked with have not been nearly as impressive, during the evening hours or during holidays.

Although they've got a few issues overall this place is a great value for the care they provide.

Home for mom

I found this to be a very pleasant place for my mother in law. At first she was reluctant but seems to be adjusting great. She has met new friends and participates in activities. My only concer is that the kitchen and bathroom is nit handicap ready. Cabinets not at right height to high to reach when using a walker and toilet to low, we had to purchase a riser for the seat.

Thanks to all the wonderful employee's at The Park at Olympia Fields

My mom moved in to a Villa in December 2013. The people have not only been extremely nice but also very helpful. They have made my moms transition a very good one. Anyone who has a elderly mom or dad knows making them happy does not always come easy, This has also taken a lot of responsibility off of me so I can again focus on my family. Thank You The Park at Olympia Fields!

Good value

From what I know, the activites are good, getting my mom to particiapte is another thing. I think it doesn't matter where she is, she would still feel the same way. She's only been there coming on a couple of months and I don't see any problems so far, you get a lot for your money.

It's nice. Their meal plan is slightl...

It's nice. Their meal plan is slightly different. I might be a set price per month. It was also nice physically but there was no pool. It seemed to be crowded.

Love at First Sight....Only

My family was very excited about the property view, spaciousness, activities and location. We moved in quickly. The activities, although documented and publicized, are non-existent. The food was not to the liking of my family - bland, dried out, no seasonings and very uninspiring. The medical care is non-existent on the property itself - one must travel out for it. Repairs and services needed in the property are readily documented when requested, but there is quite a delay in actually getting the work done.

Kudos to The Park at Olympia

The environment is clean, quiet, and lovely. I knew my parents would love it when they saw it. They were giddy, in fact. We planned to take about 4 months to search for an ideal new home. We found 'The Park' in one month. It is a great transition for a couple moving from a home with furniture and stairs. It provides great closet space, a 2-car garage, a full-sized washer and dryer, and a gas stove. Some units have both front porches and back patios and the views are amazingly pristine!

This is where he lives now. The stud...

This is where he lives now. The studio size is large and roomy. This place does fit his likes, classy. The staff is great. The food is to die for! Not Licensed as Assisted Living

One of my sister and I went to this s...

One of my sister and I went to this site and had a tour (unscheduled). Staff was very helpful and very nice.

I had the tour and love the place.

I had the tour and love the place.

It is perfect for him and I think he ...

It is perfect for him and I think he would enjoy it there. Excellent tour.

$2000 studio $2350/$2600 1 bedroom $...

$2000 studio $2350/$2600 1 bedroom $3000 2 bedroom 20 meals lunch/dinner free breakfast. $7.50 extra meal.rich township bus plus their shuttle. bookclub beauty shop. cat ok

I was very pleased with what they hav...

I was very pleased with what they have to offer. If I had to stay this would be the place.

Just 30 minutes south of Chicago, Olympia Fields Senior Living provides a highly personalized approach to care, including independent and assisted living tailored to resident needs and abilities. Here, you have a choice of unique ranch-style townhome villas with two-car garages, front porches, and back patios, as well as three different styles of private apartment homes in our attractive Swiss chalet–style complex.

Dining options abound as well, from private dining rooms offering buffet- and restaurant-style dining to tray service and delivery. All meals are prepared by our in-house chef, with an emphasis on fresh, regional cuisine, and catering to individual dietary requirements and preferences.

At Olympia Fields, our staff will take care of day-to-day details like maintenance so that you can enjoy our plentiful amenities and engaging programming that help keep our residents active and engaged in mind, body, and spirit.

Our community features lush surroundings, including green lawns, fountains, an interior courtyard with walking paths, and colorful flower and herb gardens. Inside, you can take advantage of our state-of-the-art senior fitness center, media room, library, and game room. In addition, you can take part in our full schedule of activities, or join neighbors and friends on outings to local entertainment and recreational venues, including nearby Forest Preserves of Cook County. Olympia Fields Senior Living is also just minutes from such medical offices and clinics as Franciscan Health.

We invite you to stop by our community and learn more about Sunrise Senior Living’s resident-centered approach and mission that has guided us since our founding in 1981: to champion quality of life for all seniors.