Sunrise of Old Tappan - Old Tappan, NJ

Staff is very friendly and compassionate. We are happy our loved one is in a safe, clean and loving facility.

This community has a nice atmosphere.

The staff have been very nice and helpful. The residents are friendly. They offer a lot of activities and mom is starting to participate in some of them. The food is hit or miss on taste. This is an older smaller community and they keep it clean. I would recommend this community.

Great Care

Sunrise has a nice homie feel unlike his previous location which seemed more like a hotel than a home.
The food is ok but rather than spending a little time helping our family member review the menu or understand his choices they offer him what they think he will like.
This can lead to dissatisfaction. They do serve beer and wine with dinner which is great for an occasional drink and family and friends can participate in meal for a minimal charge.
The staff are very welcoming of our frequent drop ins at any time and we always find it clean, warm and friendly.
We would however, like more attention to detail when cleaning his private bathroom in his suite. They rely on him requesting it and with his deteriorating vision he is not seeing a need.
I think my single biggest complaint is the push to use OMNI care for all prescriptions. Our family member gets his medication through the VA so has no prescription insurance. They have very specific requirements about how his medication is packaged preferring the “OMNI care way”. It would literally cost us more than $1,500.00 per month more using OMNI care.
Perhaps with Prescription insurance this is not an issue but be sure to clear that up before moving in.
Rates are quoted daily as is the level of care costs which can sky rocket without you realizing it. If cost is no object I think you and your family member will be very satisfied. Staff are very friendly and try hard to accommodate all the personalities.

Nice place

Place was immaculate, but unfortunately out of our price range. They also do not work with medicaid at all.

Just moved my mom in and so far everyone seems on the ball. The place is like a resort. Everything is kept clean and everyone is pleasant and helpful. The people there and the employees are very friendly. My mom enjoyed all the meals she has eaten and says with all the choices it's like eating in a restaurant. The assistants do their jobs well.

Nice looking place, but expensive

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place. The facility itself was beautiful and well planned out, and the people seemed friendly. However, it was an expensive place, and the additional costs for our loved ones care needs put the price out of the range we were looking in.

I hope nothing ever changes.

I am very happy with them so far. I don't have any complaints, I think they have done a very good job. I hope nothing ever changes.

Family move our Aunt and Uncle from ...

Family move our Aunt and Uncle from out of state to NJ. The move was stressful and a little chaotic on our side but the Sunrise staff was very understanding and helpful. We observed staff being very attentive to the residents. Uncle is enjoying the menu. Our Aunt and Uncle are smiling again and seem very pleased with their new home.

Looked very nice

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This place was very nice looking, it was clean, the people were friendly and very caring, and the care looked great. However, we didn't feel like the atmosphere would be the best fit for our loved one, it was a little more upscale than what we thought she'd be comfortable with.

We had a very good experience, and it's working out very well for us.

We had a very good experience, and it's working out very well for us. It's a very nice place. We have hired a facilitator, and she communicates with the staff if there are things that need to be addressed. Mom loved it from the beginning. They love the food, they never stop raving about the food. There are things to do.

Very happy here!

I am very very pleased with this community, it's very clean and the staff is friendly. I don't personally participate in many of the activities but those that do seem to enjoy them. However, I have to say that the food isn't the greatest, lots of room to improve there. I'm quite happy. It's a good location for me, it is easy for my friend to get to. I'd really recommend it.

#1 choice. Nice facilities. Good reso...

#1 choice. Nice facilities. Good resources and kind people.

Sunrise of Old Tappan is located in the beautiful residential section of north eastern Bergen County. Easily accessible from the Palisades Interstate Parkway and the New York State Thruway and only 20 minutes from the George Washington Bridge, this convenient location is a perfect choice for families residing in Bergen or Rockland Counties and New York City!

The community is located within walking distance from the local bank, supermarket, pharmacy and a popular steakhouse, making Sunrise of Old Tappan a great option for a short walk to run daily errands or enjoy a restaurant meal.

Directly adjacent to the community is a beautiful local park where residents can sit in the gazebo and delight in children playing, watching the local dogs out for their daily walk or enjoying the summer evening concerts sponsored by the Town of Old Tappan. The Old Tappan High School is a leader in volunteerism and the students can often be found coordinating the Men’s Club activities, playing Wii with our residents or caroli