Sunrise of Columbia - Columbia, MD

Very nice facility, staff seemed nice as well. I will be taking my parents back for a tour

Nice tour

I had a very nice tour here and the staff did a great job showing me around and answering all my questions. They do have a lot of amenities to offer the residents. I was looking for more male companionship for my husband but would consider this community for his respite care in the future.

Great Amenities!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. They had a spacious dinning room as well as common areas for the residents. The property was very clean and well maintained throughout the building. I just did not think they had the wow factor that I was looking for.

Safe and loving care for your family member

The best thing about Sunrise is it's people. They are so kind and supportive. The go out of their way to help your loved one adjust and feel comfortable in the community

Super helpful, friendly staff. Not able to get the exact room we wanted for respite but SO helpful. [Removed] are so sweet, helpful and understanding. I think this is a great fit and we will be very happy.

Both Sunrises were very nicely kept and maintained and equally impressive.

I came and toured this as well as another Sunrise location a few times when I was looking around. Both Sunrises were very nicely kept and maintained and equally impressive. They did not end up being the place we chose but were both definitely worth the look.

The staff are absolutely fabulous!!

One of the main reasons we chose Sunrise of Columbia was the staff. They have good healthy food choices and my mom seems to love it. They offer various activities. She enjoys going on the bus rides and out to lunch. The community is very clean and I would recommend this community.

Sunrise: A Place of life.

Sunrise came across like a a place of life instead of like an institution as some other did. Everyone was smiling from the Staff to the residence. It was a pleasure to see this in an assisted living residence. Two thumbs up for Sunrise.

Not impressed at all! Needs updating. Too small & cramped in many ways

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Perfect location! Impressed with the memory care program. Decor is a bit old and in need of updating. Like the configure of the memory care unit with less of a clinical long hallways look and more of almost a pod arrangement with smaller nooks and places to gather. Lovely outside deck with a garden.

Very disappointing

They dont provide the level of care or assistance they claim to. Many of the activities listed on the calendar dont happen or are cancelled at the last minute. They do not do the residents laundry or clean rheir rooms as scheduled.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Disappointed

I haven't had experience with any other communities so I don't have much to compare it to, but so far I have been disappointed by my experience with Sunrise of Columbia. They have been unreliable when it comes to my loved one's medications, and I don't feel like they do a good job keeping me informed. One of the features they advertise is an on-site beauty shop, but they do not have anyone that works in it. And, on top of all this, the price I am being charged is higher than the price I was quoted when we moved our loved one in.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com with further details. Thank you, Sunrise Team

This Victorian Mansion is really nice. It has a very homey feel. The staff were friendly. It's located right behind the Hickory Ridge Village Center. The one thing I did not like was the lighting. It's dim in there.

This place has both assisted living and memory care.

This place has both assisted living and memory care. You had to walk through the assisted living to get to the memory care. It was a nice place, at least the assisted living, but the contrast was a bit much. The people in the assisted living side were active and saying hello, and then the memory care was sad and depressing. We wanted something that only did memory care. This just wasn't the best fit for us.

Loved Sunrise...presents ve...

Loved Sunrise...presents very well and models, (as well as actual resident rooms) very nice, excellent amenities (chef, meal selection, activities, assigned care provider, grounds) medical attendant & graduated care

Short Stay at Sunrise

I thought Sunrise was a wonderful place and the people were great. Unfortunately, my loved one was only able to stay there for one week when a medical emergency caused him to go to the hospital. After the hospital stay, his needs were more than could be met by the staff at Sunrise. However, I would highly recommend Sunrise to anyone looking for an assisted-living facility where people truly care for you and your family!

The building is nice the people are very friendly.

Their activities are a little limited, the number of activities geared toward men particularly. They have two computer facilities and neither of them work. I have tried the food and it's a 3.5. The building is nice the people are very friendly, the quality of the nursing staff and in particular the chief nurse is great. It's also close to the hospital. It is on the higher side cost wise.

Good Choice in Columbia, MD area

Sunrise has a warm welcoming environment; helpful, caring staff in all areas; well cared for facility; and reasonable cost for the Washington Metro area. Our mother has been very satisfied with her care givers and the other residents. She also is enjoying the food and activities. We have been very satisfied with the communication with the staff and their experience with the care of the elderly. We would not hesitate to recommend Sunrise to others.

I liked this place, but seems to be h...

I liked this place, but seems to be higher priced at $5,455 per mo. There's a $3,000 move in fee.

contact was very pleasant and profess...

contact was very pleasant and professional. Facility was great -- no diversity amongst residents (slightly concerned).

liked it

liked it

I really enjoyed the facility. It's ...

I really enjoyed the facility. It's conveniently located. I will check into it further.

Very nice facility. My mother was rea...

Very nice facility. My mother was really impressed, and initial reaction was that she could definitely see herself living there. everything is al a carte.

Very nice place. Seems too big a plac...

Very nice place. Seems too big a place for Mom to adjust to.

Even though no complaints at all abou...

Even though no complaints at all about Sunrise, Mom would prefer elsewhere.

My 2nd choice for future living

My 2nd choice for future living

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! It i...

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! It is a little pricey but that might just be the cost of assisted living.