Encore At Turf Valley - Ellicott City, MD

Encore At Turf Valley - Ellicott City, MD has yet not published prices.

A cold place

This place is clean but, that's about it, it's not personal at all it's like a huge hospital, no one know what's going on. to many residents. When you ring for a nurse wait 20 minutes for a nurse to get to the room, it's not cozy or homey at all, you get this lost feeling for your loved ones 😞

Testimonial

My mom was a resident at Encore for several months. She came directly from rehab. We looked at a couple different facilities for her and after visiting Encore, my decision was easy. There was no doubt Encore was the place for her. This was a very difficult time for me, however the staff made it less stressful. They are the most empathetic group of people and so willing to help and work with me throughout the entire process. I thought I was at a five star hotel. The facility was beautiful. I would highly recommend Encore to anyone who is looking for a place for a family member or friend.

So-so facility

It is very hit and miss with staff. You have some staff that you would rate a 5 and others a 2. The best part was the physical therapy. I would say 50% of the staff is attentive and caring while the others would sit around the nurse station and not check on people at all. I visited my mother there every day for two weeks and was not impressed with the exception of physical therapy. Some people were rude and others were very nice. Like I said...hit or miss with the staff. My mother was only there temporarily.

Do not put your love one at Turf Valley

Do Not Recommend this place at all.
High turn over - weekend staff is not helpful
Over priced for what you get
Some of the staff is very rude to resident and family
Family was not treated very well at all

Nice walk-in closet in bedroom. Patio entrance from room is nice. Rooms seemed a bit small for a couple.

Best place for care!

I heard about Encore through a friend of mine. We toured with a young lady, and fell in love. It is beautifully decorated, the rooms are HUGE, and my mother is very happy there. The food is wonderful, and the staff is amazing. I am happy my mother can age in place but still feel independent.

I would not recommend Encore

This is not a very good community when it comes to care. They seem to only care about the money and not the residents. They were giving my loved one mashed up food that was just like paste. They did not get them up and moving around they just left them sitting all day. I was paying for around the clock care and all they do is sit them at the nurses station and most of the time no one was there. I really never dealt with the nurses or doctors I dealt with the person in financing. This place was a terrible experience for myself and my loved one.