Lighthouse Senior Living- Ellicott City - Ellicott City, MD

Have to agree....be prepared to adjust expectations

Do your research before signing the contract. Check survey reports, both annual and complaints. Research medical malpractice lawsuits settled and pending. Meet with department heads and ask whether they are willing to accommodate special requests, particularly dietary preferences. Ask the director how complaints are handled and gauge for yourself whether she is realistic and honest, or looking to sweep issues under the proverbial rug. Question the nursing team as to their communication with families and handling of falls and other incidents. If these responses don't leave you with a feeling of comfort, keep looking! Decide for yourself why this facility is the cheapest in the area.

Be prepared to adjust your expectations

My loved one was in the memory care unit (the Village) at Lighthouse Senior Living. Before you put your loved one in the Village, you need to invest some hours on each of several days and nights to observe the level of care that is provided. Observe meal time. Observe the care that is provided between meals. Observe how the various and individual needs of the residents are addressed. Observe the interactions among residents. Observe the contentment/wellbeing of the residents. Observe the interactions among staff. Observe the contentment of the staff. Observe several hours on each shift, 7-3, 3-11, 11-7. Ask questions about [removed] ratios (for each shift), [removed] ratios (for each shift). Ask questions about the rate of resident falls, intestinal illnesses, bruises, skin tears, 911 trips to the hospital. Understand what expectations Lighthouse holds with regard to the wellbeing of the residents. Only then will you be able to decide if your expectations can be met by Lighthouse.

Very pleased with community!!

I overall have no complaints about this community, the staff have all been so friendly and they have made sure that my mother is comfortable and feels safe in her new living environment. She also really seems to be enjoying the meals they serve as well as the variety of activities they offer throughout the day.

A safe, cheerful new home for my mom

We toured 6 different senior care facilities, 4 in Ellicott City and 2 in Catonsville. We chose Lighthouse for many reasons: it is the closest to our home, it has only one level, the residents seem well cared for, caring & friendly staff and it has a memory care unit on site. The building is being remodeled and several new rooms are being added. My mother moved into one of the new studio apartments. It's a nice size, brand new unit. I also like the location of their building on a quiet street with light traffic. I think after the construction is finished Lighthouse will be very attractive.

Legionnaires

great facility and staff....Unfortunately, I was not told that they test daily for legionella, as in legionnaires disease. This is hidden from the residents and families. This is why you never see staff drinking the water. The management team of Sage is harsh and bully the staff. They manage by fear. The floor staff is great.

They have almost everything.

They have almost everything. They have physical therapists who come in. The room has gigantic windows that look out on something beautiful. This was so important to us. It’s like her own place, just smaller. The price really impressed me. Everything’s included except for phone.

The people in my mother’s section are all about on the same level. She’s improved so much since she’s been there, regaining abilities and interest. We’re pretty pleased over all. My mother has never been someone who does a lot of activities. They come to get her for activities like movies at 7:30 or bingo.

The Best!

My husband and I find Lighting Living the very best. These people really are care-givers. They really care and take great care of your person there; in my case, my brother.

Active, alive, moving, watching, fixing, doing laundry, giving meds, entertaining and making sure they come to activities are among the many qualities we find.

Professional and efficient with warmth - that is a quality place.

Thanks for asking.

I have been in touch with the Directo...

I have been in touch with the Director. Lighthouse Senior Living is in the same place as the old Rose Manor which had a terrible reputation. She has assured me that they did not hire any of Rose Manor's staff. My parents are reluctant about this place for the reason of the bad reputation of the former place.

very nice, not really considering at ...

very nice, not really considering at this time

I visited last Thurs, 1/27. It was ni...

I visited last Thurs, 1/27. It was nice but alittle too small for what we are looking for especially the apartments.

VERY nice. Clean, nice setup, very im...

VERY nice. Clean, nice setup, very impressed. Everything on 1 floor. Willing to work with us on price and entry fee. Have a few more to see, but this felt right so we put a deposit to hold the room we liked.

Visited on Sat., Sept., 17. Nice atm...

Visited on Sat., Sept., 17. Nice atmosphere. Seems as though a decent rate can be negotiated. I'm impressed by the director's professionalism and enthusiasm of the facility.

This is so far the best. Price is go...

This is so far the best. Price is good, small facility, friendly people, clean, close to our house. One floor level.

Welcome to Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City! Our approach to Assisted Living includes a variety of services - from independent living to adaptive personal assistance; from dementia care to short-term stays. This flexibility allows us to continually meet the changing needs of our residents. Lighthouse provides an environment for seniors that is secure and safe, but also fun and exciting. Driven by a vision of excellence and caring, our staff is committed to helping seniors preserve their happiness and dignity in a stimulating and familiar environment.

Our professional staff members are dedicated to upholding the quality of life that seniors desire and expect. We encourage appropriate self-reliance within a supportive community. Our Residents can often be found joyfully interacting with friends, family and neighbors, participating in one of many engaging regularly scheduled resident activities and events, or trekking out to shopping or entertainment destinations ensuring that living in a senior community doesn't mean giving up freedom and lifestyle.

Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City (as well as our sister community located in Middle River, Baltimore County) is managed by The Time Group, a local real estate owner/manager/investor with over 50 years of experiencing managing communities throughout Metro Baltimore.