Redmond Heights Senior Living - Redmond, WA

Redmond Heights Senior Living was a good fit, in our case, and saved us a ton of money

My mother was a resident at Redmond Heights Senior Living for 3 years until she passed away recently. She was confined to bed or a wheelchair due to a broken hip and age. The current crew of staff are very good, always friendly, always helpful and they were excellent in the last week of my mothers life, as she declined. We saved a lot of money by moving my mother 3 years ago from another well know area assisted living place. That place was very nice but my mother never cared about the nice surroundings or the activities and we were throwing her money away. Redmond Heights Senior Living was a good fit for her for these last 3 years.

Excellent Senior Assisted Living

Our first impression of Redmond Heights Senior Living facility was the warm welcome and friendliness of every one of the Staff members. The rooms were warm and very clean. We were looking for a smaller place for my Dad since he was moving from an Adult Family Home .We were invited back for lunch the next day and he was impressed with the food all the staff and their willingness to accommodate his special needs. Hard of hearing, special diet and any other assistance he would need. Redmond Heights is truly an "Assisted Living facility". They want to help individuals stay independent as long as possible. It was important to my Dad to have a Chapel where he could pray and have his weekly Catholic communion along with Catholic mass and they provide that. They encouraged him to attend weekly outings, movie nights and other activities throughout the day. My father got pneumonia, was hospitalized for 8 days and returned. He didn't quite recover and passed quietly in his sleep 9 days later. He was 93 and Redmond Heights treated him like a king his last days there. From Day 1 to his last days there the Staff treated him and our whole family like family. My sister's and I will continue to visit other residents there as they became our family also!

Catholic Services

One of the deciding factors to move forward with this community is their location and catholic services. They have weekly communion and weekly mass. The facility itself is a beautiful place and they have a great staff. They are very friendly and knowledgeable. They are also very communicative as well. Currently they are helping us with options that would better care for our loved one. Overall I would recommend this community to others.

Mechele Anderson

Faith is an important part of our residents' lives and we want them to have services that meet their spiritual needs where they live. We are pleased to have you visit our folks!

[Removed] was amazing to work with. Dated but very clean facility and professional staff. Looks can be deceiving. Light and bright. Like that they have a lot of services in the same community.

Mechele Anderson

Thank you for your review. We are an older building, true, but our care on every level is as good as you will find any where on the Eastside. One of the comments we hear often is "This place feels different than others we've visited. It's like home!" We are proud of our community, it's residents and staff. Stop in any time!

Horrible care

My Grandmother lived at this home for over a year. In the past 4 months the care has been horrible. Her room was not kept clean. She had to wait for assistance up to 20 minutes sometimes. The staff was constantly changing. They also did not have enough staff. The food was horrible. Please do not consider this place for anyone.

Mechele Anderson

We are very sorry to learn that your experience was as you've stated. It's not accurate that we don't have enough staff or that our food is horrible; was is wrong is that your concerns were not expressed to us so we could address any issues you had at the time. We have gotten glowing compliments on our food in recent months! There was a time when the managers were changing but that has ended with the hiring of Amy Danzeizer, our Executive Director, Mechele Anderson, our Community Relations Manager, Tanya Sydnor our Wellness Director, Nichole Harrison, our Business Office Manager and Tatia Krueger, our Maintenance Manager. Sometimes changes are necessary to improve the overall structure of a community and we now have the best staff we've ever had! We'd love for you to stop in any time to see the differences. I think you would appreciate our improvements.

Lots Of Activites

I am happy with the care my mom has been getting here. They keep a clean environment. The apartment my mom has is perfect for her and includes housekeeping. The meals are pretty good, I have tried it before. The community has lots of different things to engage with, it is nice.

A Nice Community, I Enjoyed My Tour

My tour of this facility went well. The community is very nice looking, from what I saw everything is nice and clean. The staff was kind and informative, all my question were answered. There are nice activities and good food offered. It was a pleasant experience.

Kelly Parkinson/ Relations Director was very informative, and was very good at making sure that My brother was comfortable with his new situation, and that his needs would be taken care of. One month later she is still asking if all is well, and if there's anything else he needs... Thanks to all the staff!

Caring, accommodating staff

Overall our experience with Redmond Heights Senior Living has been a good one. I looked at quite a few memory care options in the area and this one really stood out. The facility itself is clean and well kept, it is set up nicely, and the rooms are beautiful. We've had a few issues here and there, but the staff is responsive and accommodating, and they've done their best to fix any problems we've had.

Wonderful community!

Redmond Heights was wonderful. I would rate the friendliness a five plus! Everyone was so kind and attentive. Things went well there before my mom passed away. It's a little bit of an older community but we liked it, we were happy with it. The staff encouraged her to eat, as she wasn't eating much by the time she got there. They bent over backwards to make sure all of the amenities were available to us.

James Wallace Review Redmond Heights

The staff at Remond Heights is very good and committed to serving the elderly. Kelly Parkinson is the primary reason we selected Redmond Heights

Great staff

The staff is great here. They are caring and attentive with the residents. The facility is always clean. Everyone here is so nice, including the other residents. The food isn't half bad either. Overall, we have had a good experience here.

Best for low income

It is the best low income choice in the area. The facilities are superior to other facilities that are low income.

Overall, A Great Experience

I think overall they are pretty responsive. I think overall it is a great experience, so I have that peace of mind and I do not even have to worry about it. For me, Redmond Heights is kind of expensive though.

Excellent Staff, Caring Environment

The staff at Redmond Heights is first rate. They really cared about my Mom and made her stay there extremely comfortable. The facilities are clean and extremely comfortable. They are very responsive to requests. I found them to be of high integrity and honesty. Without question, I give them my highest recommendation. Your loved ones will be extremely well cared for and you will get top value for the dollar here.

Mechele Sarieddine

It's this kind of review that makes us so very happy. Your mom was a dear lady and it was our privilege to care for her here. Thank you so much for posting your review. It will be a wonderful reassurance to other families looking for a great community for their loved ones. We appreciate it very much!

suits their needs

This is the fourth place that my parents have been in. It is an older facility and does not have all the bells and whistles, but it suits their needs. They are in their 90's and it is a good place for them.

They have been willing to listen to feedback and work with me any time there are any issues that need attention and being flexible enough to accommodate.

Mechele Sarieddine

We are an older facility, but we have been in an ongoing process of upgrading our apartments, common areas and quality of food since our acquisition a couple of years ago. We are in the process of redoing our landscaping, too! Exciting new things coming.
Your parents are delightful and we are happy to provide the care and safety they need at this stage of their lives. We more than welcome questions, feedback or suggestions any time. That just helps us make the adjustments or changes that improve the quality of life for all of our cherished residents. Thanks for the review!

extremely helpful

We have been very well pleased with Redmond Heights Senior Living from the beginning and still are to this day. They were extremely helpful and provided us a wide range of options for our specific case and have done a great job.

Mechele Sarieddine

Having many options available to our residents and their families is something we pride ourselves in doing. Every resident is different, has different needs and expectations and it's important to us to make sure those needs are more than satisfied every time. Thank you so much for your review; we truly appreciate it!

extremely helpful

One area where Redmond Heights Senior Living could improve is this: when they went to do an assessment of my mom before moving in, they should have been a little more attentive. The main caregiver later seemed to be blind-sighted with some of the issues she faced, though she was there during the initial assessment.

Other than that it has been a very good experience. All the staff there has been extremely helpful and friendly. It can be a very difficult job taking care of seniors as they are often very set in their ways, but they really do an excellent job!

Mechele Sarieddine

Thank you for your input. It's always extremely helpful to us to get feedback about what we can do to provide excellent services and care. It's because we listen that we improve!
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Excellent facility for my mom with many of the services she needs. Mechele is so kind, helpful and supportive. She has answered all my calls with great information. When mom is well enough to move up here this is the facility we will use.

Mechele Sarieddine

Thank you so much for your kind review. We will wholeheartedly welcome your mom when she is able to join us!

NEW OWNERS - DO NOT RELY ON OLD REVIEWS. This facility is no longer owned by the original family and I would not recommend it. Our loved one, who has since passed away, was at Redmond Heights (Formerly Cascade) for over two years. We absolutely loved it when we moved her in but once the new company took over we quickly noticed a severe decline on nearly all levels. The memory care lost it's full time nurse and it became nearly impossible to talk to one. In her final days we felt she was ignored by the nurse and later realized that she was probably in great discomfort. She fell ill mostly on a weekend and the nurse at the facility showed absolutely no concern for her fever and the distress she seemed to be in. We requested a urinary test as we felt she could have an infection. The nurse gave us the impression that it was an imposition but she "would see" what she could do, but would have to get permission from a doctor….none on staff. This went on for two days. On Monday my husband visited her and again asked about the test which they were now going to do. Later that evening we were notified that she had been taken to the hospital by paramedics because she was "in distress". As the evening went on, she was moved to Hospice and passed away in the early morning hours. We were later informed that the care staff had repeatedly requested that the nurse call 911 and us. This was not done until the evening. I won't belabor the fact that we are still in anguish about the way she was treated. The care givers and aids are for the most part top notch and truly loving individuals who are over burdened by obvious cuts in personnel. We were just very, very disappointed in how quickly this facility declined under the new ownership. We spoke more than once with management with absolutely no success in getting our concerns addressed. We also were charged for an entire month's rent even though we had our loved one's room completely evacuated and emptied by 7th or 8th of the month. This facility appears credible on the surface so do your homework and make sure you don't rely on old reviews from when the facility was owned by someone else.

Mechele Sarieddine

Your review is one you have apparently deliberated about since your loved one passed away some months ago. As you say, there have indeed been changes made since our new ownership, changes we feel have made us a better community, in fact. Although our staffing has been restructured, there is never a shortage of personnel in our building. In recent months, other families who have brought their loved ones to us (since your loved one's stay) are obviously experiencing high levels of care; they have given us our first 5 Star rating EVER! Since it is of paramount importance to us that everyone feels heard, we are truly, truly sorry that you are so aggrieved. It is never acceptable to us to have a family leave under any circumstances that are less than happy ones.

Mechele Sarieddine

Also, I meant to point out that since you were given a partial month's refund for the rent, I'm unclear about why the month's rent was mentioned in your review.

I liked this one the best

This is one of the places I looked at when touring. I liked this one the best out of all the places I have seen so far. It's a nice place.

Mechele Sarieddine

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your tour. We appreciate it very much and hope to see you again soon.

Amazing next step for my grandmother.

Moving my Grandmother here was a challenge. She was set on not moving. She got there and refused to go in. The director and several staff members helped with the process and I am happy to report that after a month she is the happiest I have seen her in years. She is making friends and participating in activities. Each staff member feels like a member of the family and all are loving and supportive. The food is super good and there are options. I secretly plan my trips around lunch so I can join her! She has a small dog that she couldn't part with and the staff has been exceptionally helpful in making even the dog feel welcome and at home! I HIGHLY recommend this loving facility.

Mechele Sarieddine

Stacy, helping transition family members who may reluctant to a move is one of the things we do best. It is a pleasure to be of help to your family in every way. Your grandmother is a delight (and so is her little dog!). Our chef loves hearing from our residents about our dining room experiences; I will pass along your compliments to her!

My brother spent three months in Redm...

My brother spent three months in Redmond Heights Senior Living. We had a wonderful experience all around. The staff was friendly and attentive. He really enjoyed all the activities that were available to him. The meals were excellent with a wide variety of choices. The office staff was easy to work with and all my questions were quickly answered.
We would choose this facility again if faced with a need to be in an assisted living facility.

Mechele Sarieddine

Thank you for sharing about your brother's experience with us! Interesting and intelligent activities are something we pride ourselves in providing. There's always a positive benefit to staying involved. Meals are an important part of our resident's overall experience and we provide an open line of communication with our chef. input is always welcome. We are pleased to know your brother's stay was a good one!

You too can exhale, Redmond Heights takes pride in working as a team.

Are you waiting to exhale when you walk into yet another family of caregivers for your loved ones secondary home?
My husband and I were warmly welcomed at Redmond Heights. The administration banded together to make Bob feel he was loved and looked after. His needs were well filled. I could exhale when I saw how he so quickly became a part of his extended family.

Mechele Sarieddine

We are so pleased to know that we could help you breathe again! Helping families find the right new home with the least about of stress is what we love to do. We are so glad you're happy with us!

Love Redmond Heights Senior Living!.

I had the job of looking for an assisted living home for my 96 year old mother after she was in the hospital with an injury and then could not come back to live with us.
We had a week to find a place and right away Redmond Heights made it so easy! Their pricing is simply determined and very reasonable, which was a relief since it helps give her the security of knowing her savings can go farther.
They were quick to help her visit and show her around and then helped make her transition fun and comfortable by giving her a furnished apartment to start out so that we had time to move her things in later on. I was so impressed with the friendliness and ease of talking with the staff at Redmond Heights right from the start. Our whole family loves the homey yet elegant country estate atmosphere and her apartment is a well kept, open spacious room. She is very well cared for and has improved so much because of it! They have nurses on duty and several doctors that visit routinely. The food is wonderful and home made tasting and the activities are abundant! My mother is very pleased! We are so glad because we know she is safe there and has a large variety to enjoy, from food to friends, to keeping busy.

Mechele Sarieddine

A move of any kind can be stressful for all concerned. We were very happy to help alleviate some of that stress for you and your mom. Providing a furnished apartment, arranging movers or offering resources for a variety of services is something we gladly help families with. Flexibility is so important, great care and the feeling of coming home are all part of the Redmond Heights community. Your mom (and her family, too) are a welcome additions! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Highly recommended for Assisted Living/Memory Care

Our father had been living in an Independent Living facility in Woodinville. Very nice place, but as Dad's memory increasingly faded, we found the need for a more secure and assistive situation. Dad became a resident in the Memory Unit in what was then Cascade Plaza. The entire unit had been recently remodeled and had no trace of "Old Folks Home" feel and/or smell. The staff was courteous, respectful and caring.

The Ensign Group purchased Cascade Plaza in 2013, and have done nothing but improve on an already good product: infrastructure improvements, continued staff training, etc. We found our experience with the new management group to be exceptional; we were wary at first, but the staff showed their true loving colors and we were very pleased with the transition from Cascade Plaza to Redmond Heights.

We would recommend Redmond Heights to anyone, bar none. While we did not experience the Assisted Living area of the facility, we had access to it and found it to be similarly well-staffed and cared-for.

We thank Redmond Heights and all of its wonderful staff for providing Dad an extraordinary end-of-life experience.

Mechele Sarieddine

It was our priviledge to care for your father, Bob. We are so glad to have had you, your sister and the extended family as part of "our family" here. As you know, if you have a family member with us, you're automatically part of the community, too! We are honored that you and your sister will be placing a bench in our Memory Care garden in honor of your parents! You'll always be welcome at Redmond Heights Senior Living. thank you so much!

Home and comfortable what more could we ask for our loved one?

My husband has Alzhiemers, he immediately relaxed and was welcomed as if he had come home. He stayed for a week and could easily be happy staying on. Kudos to the administration, front desk and staff.

Mechele Sarieddine

We are very pleased that your husband actually joined our community as a permanent resident, after all! We're enjoying his company very much!

Mechele Sarieddine

We were delighted to have him with us and look forward to his being with us as a permanent resident after his 1 week respite stay. This was a perfect way to transition a family member into assisted living. (Or, bringing your loved one for our adult day program! Interacting with our residents in fun and interesting activities is a great way for them to experience assisted living without a long term commitment. On several occasions we've had someone come for the day program and found they liked it so much, they moved in permanently the next week! Thank you for your comments; we can't wait for him to join us again.

liked

Excellent very caring staff. Nursing staff very on top of patient's needs. We had a daily fee of 145 (a holiday special). My father was only at facility for one week.

Mechele Sarieddine

Respite stays are a good way for family to have a little time to go on vacation, have a medical procedure or just down time for a bit. Respite stay residents are treated with the same level of care and attention as someone who has been here for 10 years, so they feel at home right away!

Redmond Heights

The rates are very fair. The staff is friendly and always there to help. The activities keep the residents entertained. The facility is clean and well maintained. My father seems happy living at Redmond Heights.

Mechele Sarieddine

It's always good to know that our residents and their familes are enjoying their time with us! It's very important to us that we're providing a pleasant home for our residents and that the families are pleased with the care their loved one is getting. Thank you for your review!

Warm, Caring Environment

My grandfather moved in a month ago and has been so happy. The daily activities are fabulous! He has made many friends. The staff are caring, kind and friendly. Everyone is welcoming, not only to my grandfather, but to the whole family. We join him for bingo and musical entertainment. They paint the ladies' nails on weekends, have outings that are designed for seniors, book club, news group, happy hour on Friday and a movie every night. There is always something for everyone. Redmond Heights has been a very positive experience. We are so happy we found it!

Mechele Sarieddine

Part of our approach to care is to provide lots of intelligent, fun and interesting activities for the seniors who share their lives with us.We strongly believe in putting the "living" in assisted living! Thank you for sharing your experiences in your review! We're very pleased your grandfather is enjoying being with us at Redmond Heights Senior Living!

Too far around the lake. H...

Too far around the lake. Health care would be at Evergreen. All apartments are studios. Not enough space for mom and dad.

Mechele Sarieddine

We are only a 7 minute drive to either the Evergreen Healthcare Center or Overlake Medical Center.Since we're located at the corner of Willows Road and Redmond Way, we're also very close to both Hwys. 520 and 405. although we have studios now, several couples find them quite comfortable. We will soon have 1 bedroom apts. available! We've also done renovations to our building with more to come!

I toured this place already. It share...

I toured this place already. It shares its location with Cascade Plaza, an independent living facility, as well.

Mechele Sarieddine

We were formerly known as Cascade Plaza until the Spring of 2013. we are now Redmond Heights Senior Living.

Mechele Sarieddine

Redmond Heights Senior Living shares a campus with Redmond Care and Rehab Center, therefore offering care at every level you may need.

Redmond Heights Senior Living, at the intersection of Willows Road and Redmond Way, is located on 3 acres of landscaped grounds, yet is within easy walking distance of downtown Redmond's shops, restaurants, library and parks. Microsoft offices are a very short drive, as are Hwys. 520 and 405, Overlake and Evergreen Medical Centers.
Since becoming part of the Ensign Group, we've undergone major renovations (with more to come!)
We have fun, intelligent activities and most importantly, a very high level of nursing care is available. We have nurses in our building to tend to your medical needs. Is it difficult to get to doctor appointments? Not a problem at Redmond Heights Senior Living: we have a Harvard educated primary care physician for in house appointments once a week, a dentist, audiologist, optometrist and foot care RN who also conduct scheduled appointments here. No driving needed! We offer sliding scale diabetic management, 2 person transfers and much more.
And now, we are offering an affordableAdult Day Care Program for full or half days. Call us for details. Allow yourself a break to enjoy lunch with a friend or just some "downtime" alone.
3 meals a day, a Wi-Fi call pendant, cable TV, utilities and weekly housekeeping are included in your rent and lots more. Great activities and outings plus Redmond Care and Rehab for skilled nursing share our campus. It's just the beginning...join us for a complimentary lunch and tour. Come see how we put the "living" in assisted living! Check our website at www.RedmondHeightsSeniorLiving.com for more details.