The Gardens at Town Square - Bellevue, WA

Beautiful, big rooms with lots of light

I toured this facility when looking for a place for my Mom. The facility is brand new so it’s very bright and shiny. Everything’s new and looks super fancy. The marketing person that showed us around was very professional and seemed to know a lot about what the facility had to offer. The rooms looked beautiful and were big enough to feel comfortable and very bright. The rest of the facility had lots of windows to let light in and was very clean.

Jacob Almo

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We hope to welcome your mom as a new resident in the future!

Super nice place, a great fit other than it is not a walkable neighborhood. Would be a good place when [Removed] is a little older. She still wants to lead an active lifestyle.

A wonderful place to live!

My loved one's experience at The Gardens is going great! The facility is clean and the staff is friendly. This is a wonderful place for my loved one to live!

One of our top choices!!

This was one of our top choices of different communities that we had looked at for my loved one. They had a lot of great amenities available to all of there residents and a wonderful dinning experience. The staff was also very polite during our visit and made sure not to make us feel too pressured. There was just not enough memory care help that she would have needed in this facility.

Very good food!

The Gardens at Town Square has been a good fit for my husband and I. There have been a couple of things that we are not satisfied with like the counter space and the older appliances. I think when they built the place they had in mind that everyone would have their meals in the dining area. Other than that, things have been going well.

Do your homework, be prepared!

My review is for Memory Care.
After living at the Gardens independently, our mom was very suddenly moved to memory care. We were unprepared for other options at the time, so our advice is BE PREPARED. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
After two years, it was delicately suggested that mom would probably be happier elsewhere.
Why? Her advanced dementia was causing problems in the dementia area. That is my biggest gripe. Staff is ill prepared to deal with advanced dementia patients unless they are drugged and compliant. Due to our moms religious views, we used only the lowest level of drugs. We actually got a phone call asking us to come over because mom was yelling and had soiled herself. At almost 6K a month, they damn well had better be trained how to handle this, but they weren't. And no, we did not go over.
Care is limited to what the patient will allow. So, inch long toenails, no shower for over a week (we actually showered her when we'd visit), lost weight because she did not want to get out of bed, UTIs because she was not toileted frequently enough.
The care is a la carte and believe me, it adds up FAST!
The staff means well, but there's a high turnover and residents don't have a chance to get used to anyone. The manager position changed three times in two years.
The topper for us was while waiting for furniture movers in the lobby, I ran into the manager and went to say hello. She did not ask about mom, so I told her that she was doing very well in her new place. The woman did not even know mom had moved. TWO DAYS LATER!!!
Like I said, do your homework.

Everything has been wonderful !!

I have no complaints about the care my loved one has been receiving so far from this community. The staff all have been wonderful and have made sure to accommodate her needs as best as possible. She has had no complaints about the food and has really enjoyed the various activities they provide the residents throughout the week.

A Walk Around The Community

I was given a good tour that I liked very much but I did not think it would work for us. The community seemed to not be able to give the right level of care. It was too urban for my loved one. After talking it over, this was not an ideal location. Otherwise, it looked very nice and is very clean. The interaction I saw seemed good.

Standing Ovation

The facility is great, the staff is superior. Mom could not be happier with her new studio apartment and care. The move-in was flawless. I think what really struck me was not only a friendly and helpful staff, but even the people that live there are all smiles and sincerely happy.

Our Move to The Gardens at Town Square

From the moment we moved into The Gardens, my husband and I knew it was the right move for us. Both staff and residents have been so very helpful and pleasant, especially with the adjustment to downsizing and move-in. And with the abundance of activities and programs offered by The Gardens both on and off site, we are never at a loss to fill our days.

Exquisite environment with ...

Exquisite environment with lots of extras. Its location is great for seniors who love the active city lifestyle.

Price looks very good, Apts bigger l...

Price looks very good, Apts bigger looks promising

Welcome to The Gardens at Town Square, an Era Living community. The Gardens offers a warm, vibrant lifestyle, a vast array of amenities, rich programming, and exceptional Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care.

Located in the heart of downtown Bellevue, The Gardens is just steps from the finest shopping, restaurants, art galleries, the library, and much more. There are 167 apartments ranging from spacious studios to expansive penthouse suites.

Residents of The Gardens experience a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, on-site Wellness Center staffed by a Registered Nurse, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.

Residents enjoy choosing from nearly 200 Life Enrichment events each month, including regular outings to the symphony and other cultural events, a variety of fitness and health classes, lectures, garden parties, chef demos, wine and jazz concerts, professionally curated art galas, and much more. Residents find that there are endless opportunities to pursue their passions, mingle with good friends, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambiance.

In addition to Independent Living and Assisted Living, The Gardens’ integrated campus offers secured assisted living residences at The Terrace for those with dementia, Alzheimer’s or cognitive impairment. The Terrace features 26 private studio apartments, allowing residents to maintain their dignity and independence.

Era Living, a respected and recognized leader in retirement living throughout the Puget Sound, is a private, Seattle-based company founded by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Since 1987, Era Living has been dedicated to fostering a healthy and engaging environment of whole body wellness, culture, warmth and social fulfillment, providing exceptional healthcare services and enriching activities at all eight communities. Era Living's Wellness and Active Aging Programs are developed in collaboration with the University of Washington School of Nursing - one of the nation's top-rated nursing schools. It's this type of innovative and vibrant approach to senior living that makes Era Living communities so desirable.