Sunrise at Sterling Canyon - Valencia, CA

My father's care

This is a good community for the care for my father. He is pleased with the enviroment and he likes knowing that there is someone around if needed. He is happy with the nice variety of the meals that are offered. They do offer him to participate with the others in the activites. We would highly recommend the good care and value to other families.

Friendly Staff and Residents

The Sunrise at Sterling Canyon is a very nice and clean community. It is taking time for my Mom to adjust from living in a huge home and moving into a one bedroom apartment.
The staff is very friendly and caring. The residents are very friendly and welcoming and my Mom is making friends in a short amount of time. My Mom so far has no complaints about the food. There are activities for the residents although my Mom is not one to participate. There is seating outside for the residents to enjoy the outdoors. We really like the location of the Sunrise at Sterling Canyon, it is very convenient to visit Mom and we feel she is in a safe environment.

Mom is well taken care of

Mom is doing well since moving here. The inside and outside appear clean and well maintained.
The food is not that great I've eaten here a few times and both myself and mom find it tasteless they need to do a better job and spicing it up.
The staff is fine friendly and kind and helpful when asked.
They do offer activities and some sort of social things but is not one to do that sort of thing so she chooses to do things. I would recommend them

Sunrise has a very "homey" feel both in the assisted living space as well as in memory care. Residents were engaged in activities and seemed happy. [Removed] was helpful. He also pointed out that while Sunrise offers an "age in place" environment, Atria does not. He shared facts in such a way that I felt he was being straight forward and helpful. I would consider this placement for Mom when she is no longer able to be at home.

new to assisted living.

my Mom has been at this facility for approx 6 weeks..She had a VERY hard time adjusting to assisted living, constantly wanted to leave. She is in memory care, and unfortunately there is no "in between" level. She is very high functioning, but very confused and no memory...she doesn't really fit in with the "memory" patients..but is unable to be in the general population too. It doesn't appear that they really have the staffing to give her additional stimulation or one on one..

Sunrise Senior Living

Very good visit and tour. I found the facility to be very friendly and a place that would benefit my mother. [Removed] was very helpful and informative. This place is under my families consideration.

Not as clean and older building

We toured this community when looking for my grandmother. The staff was very friendly and answered our questions.We didn't choose this community because it wasn't as nicely kept as some of the communities we toured in the area.

If Dad had to, it would be acceptable, but I give this place a strong "C" rating. It meets basic needs, is affordable, but another place I toured far exceeded Sunrise in all areas. There was a hospital/nursing home smell in the entrance area, not throughout the place.

The Sunrise representative was great. I had lots of questions more now that I seen so many other communities. He answered all of them in length and to my satisfaction. Showed us where he had a one bedroom from outside so we could see the view and the size of the balcony. So we picked Sunrise.

A Fine Community

Everything is going very well for my in laws. We are very pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. The community is very clean and very well-kept. The staff is great they are always willing to help. They do enjoy the meals and the activities. Overall everything is working out great and I would recommend this community.

Not A Good Experience

Our experiences in this community were not a good one. They were not able to provide the type of caring my mother needed. It is a nice community for someone that is more independent and doesn't require much care. There are good activities and the residents are very friendly. The staff was not very attentive her and we had few problems with them. I would only recommend this community to someone that still wanted to live an independent lifestyle.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing a review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

policies having to do with wound care

At Sunrise at Sterling Canyon the difficulty has been the policies having to do with wound care. They periodically kick mom out. They do this ounce the resident is a stage 2. This made it hard because we found out they could no longer keep her there the day we were leaving on a three week vacation. The people there are nice.

Top-of-the-Line

Everything was fantastic. Maybe a little more action in letting the patient know what the expenses are and how they are determined. They are evaluated and are put on a scale and I would just like to know the parameters on how they evaluate the resident. As far as being clean and friendly, I think all of that is top of the line, I just want to know exactly how the fees are determined.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up.

Sunrise Team

They are excellent!

They are excellent! The staff really go way above and beyond. They are very friendly and they engage the residents. They have plenty of activities that the residents are encouraged to participate in. I am very happy with and highly recommend Sunrise at Sterling Canyon. The staff there is the best!

friendly, but room for improvement

Everybody at Sunrise at Sterling Canyon is very friendly. There are a few things they could improve on though.

They ask you to fill out all this paperwork, then they make you feel as if they haven't read it. The care services are not quite as good unless you are really staying on top of them. They seem to have a certain way of doing things and expect you to fit in to that rather than being flexible to fit the needs of the resident and the families. For the amount of money that can be a little frustrating.

It is a great location and again friendly staff, but certainly some room for improvement.

very caring

My father is very well cared for at Sunrise at Sterling Canyon. We have a very caring staff. Everyone there is incredibly helpful and it shows that they genuinely care and do a great job. I have no complaints.

The Staff and Services are Excellent

I would say the staff and services are excellent. There's a lot of consideration given to the dignity of the residence in a very safe and caring way. I would recommend the Sunrise at Sterling Canyon to anyone who is searching for a well maintained, and friendly assisted living community. The care givers do a great job at taking care of the residents. I am glad that my Mother is very happy and pleased here.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job so far.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job so far. The staff is very good, and very helpful. It's clean, we are pretty happy with it. They have a great variety for the menu, and they offer a good variety on a daily basis.

Overall I'm happy with the services o...

Overall I'm happy with the services of Sunrise at Sterling Canyon. There were a couple of bumps and bruises at first but most have been sorted out now that my dad is settled in. The people are great. I love the fact that staff is friendly and check up on my dad. Anytime there's a problem, the staff are always concerned and jumped right on fixing the issue. There are still a few issues but I would recommend this facility to others. They do need better control over the resident's medications, and better protocol. They need a suggestion box too.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information (at)SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

A nice comfortable place. H...

A nice comfortable place. Has a home like feel. Nice grounds, nice staff. A possibility.

Too Costly

Can't see that they're offering anything different than the next place but their price is just too high. The price I was quoted was the starting rate based on a system of care levels starting at 5,700.00 I was told you could max out up to 7,700 per month at the highest care level. This fee is based on their memory unit.

Excellent

On a scale of one to five I’d give them a solid ten! My loved one says she can be busy all day long if she wanted to do all the activities that they offer. We’ve been there four times and it is top. I have to say that they are all - the staff are all so friendly. They know everyone’s name! Even for visitors. And they know who you’re there to visit. They’re very helpful as far as transitioning too. They are top notch from the kitchen, maintenance, and to the care staff - Everyone is fantastic. Their health care professionals stay in contact with her primary care doctor.

We have nothing but good things to sa...

We have nothing but good things to say about Sunrise! Everything has been just wonderful! We liked this place because it seemed more homey than some of the others! They were very welcoming! The location was convenient for us, but the facility itself is also larger and more open than some of the others we looked at.

Sunrise is a nice facility ...

Sunrise is a nice facility and conveniently located. It does seem more expensive than I expected. Not sure this will be a good fit for us.

Sunrise Senior Living at Sterling Canyon Review

Sunrise at Sterling Canyon is a remarkably well-run facility. All the staff from management to food services to maintenance, grounds, and custodial are friendly and very helpful to the residents. I would highly recommend this facility for its high quality of services and helpfulness. Their activities schedule is full of variety and interesting things for the residents to participate in.

This was the facility we liked the be...

This was the facility we liked the best.

This is our favorite so far

This is our favorite so far

Located in the heart of Valencia, Sunrise at Sterling Canyon is situated next door to Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, across the street from Granary Square and just blocks away from Valencia Town Center Mall. Sunrise at Sterling Canyon sits just around the corner from the beautiful Vista Valencia Golf Course and within minutes of the Valencia Paseo walkways with access to any of the five parks in the Valencia park system and to local shopping centers. We pride ourselves as Santa Clarita's finest senior living community, featuring both independent and assisted living. Our innovative programs provide each resident with the opportunity to enjoy a home-like environment while having access to 24-hour professional staff. For those who need assistance with daily living tasks such as bathing, dressing and grooming, administering medication, incontinence care and/or ambulant care, we offer an assisted living program which is personalized to meet the need of each resident.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.