Golden Assisted Living - Sylmar, CA

Food horrible

The food is horrible and there are no activities.

Going well

It's going pretty well for my brother at Golden Assisted Living. I'm glad he seems so happy. The staff is attentive to his care needs, and they are responsive to any questions or concerns that I might have regarding his care. The staff is very friendly and always are welcoming and greet us right away when we come to visit. The food that they serve looks really good when we come to visit, there seems to be a good variety of meals that they provide. He can either eat in the dining room or have it brought to his room. There are activities provided that the staff does try and encourage the residents to participate in. My brother is quite happy going to get his mail and chatting with people while he is out and about, or watching his cable T.V. we had hooked up. They provide transportation for the residents for outside excursions. Outside is a patio area and a BBQ for outdoor activities. This is a very clean and well-kept community. I really appreciate their concerned and caring attitude for everyone at the community. I would recommend this community to others.

So encouraging

I only experienced the first few hours but have heard my kids dad is very happy. I was so impressed with Marilyn through the 3 weeks it took us to get R released from his care facility and into Golden State. His budget was small and this Sylmar facility was more than we could ask for. She was so helpful and encouraging. The facility was going through renovation.[Removed] was adamant it will be ongoing. She was so friendly. She gave a choice of rooms. She said they will spend a week or two assessing a suitable room mate matching interests and personalities. What a relief this has been

Although the facility was not new, the owner is doing her best to update, paint, refurbish, etc. The owner is very knowledgeable, had all the right answers and made us feel that the needs would be met. I would say that the facility is comparable to the cost, just an older facility.