The Olive Branch - Northridge, CA

A dump. Mostly men who are veterans. Not much social interaction. A lot of people just sitting in chairs, sleeping in the lobby.

Friendly Staff!!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going okay for him. I do wish they had a memory care unit in case that is something he would be needing for the future. He has had no complaints about the meals and the property is very clean every time we go and visit.

Its ok. It reminded me more like a nursing home and the only affordable room was a semi private. I don't want to share with anyone exvept maybe a support dog. No didn't like this place.

I Really Like Here

I really like it here at this community, everyone is really friendly and nice. This is a nice community, it looks great and very clean. There is always someone cleaning. I really like the administration staff, they were very easy to work with. The care staff is okay, I do have to remind them of a lot of things. The meals are okay, I wish they would add more flavor to the food. It is very close to a lot of stores and restaurants that are in walking distance. They have nice activities like casino trips. I am really enjoying this community and would recommend it.

Right now there are really no improvements that I can think of off the top of my head that can be made at The Olive Branch facility. I am not staying there personally, it is my loved one who is currently there. Overall satisfied.

very nice

The administrator and owner were very friendly and pleasant to deal with. Everyone there has been very nice and the facility itself is very nice.

This will probably be our next move.

This is one of the places I toured that was recommended to me. When we are able to move our loved one closer, this is probably going to be our next move.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job at The Olive Branch! The facility itself is very clean and nice looking, and the staff are all friendly, hospitable, and professional. They are taking great care of my loved one.

five stars!

I would definitely give The Olive Branch a five star rating in every category. It is a very clean facility, with excellent friendly staff. The quality of their care services is superb. I have been very satisfied and would highly recommend them.

Great place

Very friendly and helpful. Always willing to go the extra mile to make everyone happy.

Clean, cheerful

Clean, cheerful

Supportive

They were very supportive for people who are with the veteran’s administration. The staff is very friendly which is really helpful. They could be a little more intense about keeping things clean and tidy.

They Are Absolutely Amazing to My Friend

My friend has been there now for several months. They have treated him like royalty. The furnishings in the room, they just made is so nice for him there. They are a Christian group and they, the staff, meet every day and discuss the situation. The thinking of management is that one day you will be that age and you could be in that situation so it's important to be kind and understanding to the people there.

Very helpful staff

They are very pleasant people, they know what they're doing. They're very attentive to the residents there, its very clean and that was very important, my son keeps me updated on that. When I was in LA visiting it was very clean as well. I think it's worth the money that is being paid for him to stay there, he's getting his meals, he's getting his medications, he can leave when he wants and I think my son said there's transportation to take him to the VA too. I think he's gone to bingo and on a bus trip to a casino. My son really appreciates the help there and even for himself when he calls to ask any questions they're very helpful and he would highly recommend it.

Fabulous place.

Fabulous place.

Outside needs some work, but okay and...

Outside needs some work, but okay and there are plans to work on its curb appeal Inside very inviting Many staff members who were friendly and knew the residents Residents seemed happy and many were chatting with staff and other residents. Residents appeared active and engaged Rooms were clean and overheard residents talking about how staff did a great job Food smelled really good Staff was informative and residents had many options of activities. While transportation to medical appointments is available, there is a doctor that comes once a week.

The air was not fresh in the facility...

The air was not fresh in the facility. It had cigarate smells all around. The elevator was very old. The dinning room looked dark with long tables. I visited two rooms and the rooms looked old and without fresh air. The library was lack of fresh air and the door was locked (it was not open all the time).