Brookdale Northridge - Northridge, CA

Brookdale Northridge - Northridge, CA has yet not published prices.

A new beginning

Staff is wonderful! Everyone has been welcoming and helpful. Very responsive. food is good, custom orders accepted. Lots of activities. Fellow residents help the new kid learn how to get things & get things done.

Mom's Happy Home

This is a nice community with excellent staff for my mom. The community is clean and has a nice enviroment. The menu is really good. They have a lot of activities for the residents. I like knowing that my mom is happy with the care of the staff. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

This is a lovely facility, but for our purposes more lovely from the front facade than the back. We need space to walk among the trees and grass, the majority of which are in the front and not gated. Otherwise it is a beautiful facility built more like a hotel than a care facility. Warm, caring staff, lots of light, looks like great food, all the amenities one would want.

Dad's change of heart about assisted living

Dad was resistant about moving to an assisted living residence from his home of 66 years. We suggested a two week respite stay and he agreed to try it. At 97 he had taken a few minor falls and we were very concerned about him staying at home alone. After his first week, he was happy with the experience and said he would say on. It has been four weeks now and he says he is very happy with his new living arrangements and has made several new friends. His personality has changed in a positive way. He is more talkative and engaged when we visit and when he comes to family event. The schedule of daily events keeps him active. He has enjoyed singing his whole life and the sing a longs before supper are a great treat. They have also started a chorus since he arrived and he is hopeful that it will be a success. He felt very welcomed. The food is great, too!

Great Communication!!

My mother was only in the care of the staff at this community for a short period of time but while she was there we where pleased with the services she was provided. I liked that every time my father and I had an issue about what was going we would speak to the case worker about it and it would get addressed fairly quickly. They where attentive to our issues and made sure to accommodate my mothers needs as best as they could.

Tour for care

We toured this community and we did not like the size of the rooms. it did not have a home feeling to the community. The meals seemed to be good. They do offer activities at this community. We would recommend families to see this community for the care of a loved community for other families

Great Tour !!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community, it was a pleasant experience. The staff where very kind and accommodating to my loved one and I. They gave us lots of great information of there facility and made sure to take there time with our visit. I just did not care for how far the drive would be from our house to visit.

Beautiful Facility!!

The staff members that gave my loved one and I a tour of this community where very friendly and made my father and I feel very welcomed. The facility was very beautiful and had lots of great amenities to offer there residents. The only complaint I would have is how small the bedrooms are for the price you pay.

Very Happy

I am very happy with the care my uncle has received at Brookdale Northridge. All the caregivers do a wonderful job. [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed], [Removed] and others give my uncle loving care, and answer any questions I have. [Removed] is very helpful and responsive to any requests or concerns I have. [Removed] is also helpful and responsive to request. [Removed] works hard to keep my uncle involved, and although I don't like bills, [Removed] does her job efficiently and it is pleasant to do business with her. My uncle is happy with the care and that is what is important.

Settling Into The Community

My mom is settling pretty well. The staff have shown my mom around the facility to help her know where she is going. My mom likes the meals most of the time but they have options if she does not like it. The facility is kept very clean. We are getting improvements from the staff about being prompt when my mom uses her buzzard for assistance, it is getting a little better. Otherwise, I would recommend this place.

A hard choice made easy!

My godfather required to recover in a Skilled Nursing Facility in November of 2014. After receiving excellent care at the SNF, he transferred to the assisted living side of Brookdale Northridge in December 2014. The team at Brookdale made his transition seamlessly and made him feel right at home. Now that almost a year has transpired, he absolutely loves living there. He is active in their activities and enjoys his apartment. To say his transition from his large home to his apartment was easy is an understatement!. I would have never thought the move for him would have been this easy. Thanks to the staff,,,,, it was great.

They were great!!

It's was great. This was hands down the best place around. It's clean, and everyone has little buzzers, if they need anything. Everyone is friendly. It was well managed. My mother ate everything they gave her everyday three times a day, and then happy hour and music, it was great. When you walk in the front door there are cloth tablecloths and napkins, there are no smells, there is a fireplace off to the side. We have used them before and we will use them again. They were great!!

Tremendous Activities, Communication Could Improve

My aunt and uncle are there. Everybody's friendly when you're' walking down the hallways. They smile and say hi. The dinning staff is pleasant when serving meals. I would like to see more communication from the professional staff when family is miles away. Illness does happen and I am informed. I cannot just stop in to see for myself as the distance is to great. It would be nice for a few follow up calls to say they are getting better or worse. It is good care but as a long distant family member, I would like to see some proactive communication on their part.

The activities are terrific! My uncle loves it! He enjoys the bingo, provide the table games small groups can play. There are books to read. They have happy hour everyday with a form of musical entertainment. They do bus trips to casinos, have shopping days. and have religious services. They are tremendous on the activities.

The facility is very nice a...

The facility is very nice and I like how it's set back from the road and has nice outdoor grounds to walk around and hang out in. I like what Emeritus has to offer both in the assisted living section and in the memory care facility. Lucia was nice and very very helpful and pointed out that I could have B sign up for Emeritus up in Eugene OR and then after the baby is born we could transfer her down to Emeritus in Northridge.

Wonderful but Too Expensive

That was very expensive! If my friend could have afforded it I thought it would have been wonderful. I was very nice!

Felt this place was too lar...

Felt this place was too large (I felt lost)and was more hospital like then homey. Not a good match for my Father.

Perfectly Executed

I am very pleased with Emeritus at Northridge. They bend over backwards to make it happen and accommodate our needs. We were under time constraints and had to find a community fast. The entire staff from the director on down are just awesome. They make it an easy transition and really executed everything perfectly. It just all fell into place. Nick from A Place for Mom was just excellent and very helpful. I am so pleased with Emeritus and APFM that I would recommend them both to anyone.

Fine so far

My mom's at skilled nursing there which I guess is a seperate wing from assisted living. She's fine there, she gets confused really easily, so it's all that stuff you have to deal with. She tells us about things but we have to call the people to see what's happened or what's going on.

The people are great, Oscar's called me numerous times to keep me updated and they've been very helpful so far, no problems. It's only been a week, I haven't gone out and seen it but she's there for rehab after a fall so it's temporary.

Spoke to Oscar. Very inform...

Spoke to Oscar. Very informative. Gave me lots of information on Special Care that Mom is going to need. Prices are between $4000-$6000 per month

This was a nice place with lots of ac...

This was a nice place with lots of activity going on. A bit pricey but laundry service included.

Located just minutes from the beautiful Northridge Fashion Center, and conveniently close to both the 405 and 118 Freeways, Brookdale Northridge is also a stone's throw from both the Knollwood and Porter Ranch Country Clubs. Our community is nestled in a quiet, safe suburban area of the San Fernando Valley. Our gardens, patios and walking paths are impeccably maintained for our residents and families. We pride ourselves in our caring, loving staff and the continued training we offer to them. Our commitment to enhancing the social, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of our resident comes first with all of our caregivers and administrative staff.

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brookdale Northridge, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brookdale Northridge, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.