Brookdale Chatsworth - Chatsworth, CA

Brookdale Chatsworth - Chatsworth, CA has yet not published prices.

My Loved Ones Are Very Happy.

When we first toured at Brookdale, Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. We also met some of the other residents there and got a really good feeling about the community. This is the place we decided upon for our loved ones. Their room is very spacious, the food is good, the activities are fun, and the place looks like a hotel in a good way. My loved ones are very happy.

Terrible

I am so frustrated being here. It’s nice and cheap when you first look at it until you move in and they start adding things on. They’re not too expensive so I don’t expect from them, but they should follow through with things that they said that they would assist you with. I have been asking to get certain things fixed in my apartment and they told me that they would get it straighten away by the end of the week, but nothing has been done. I have a huge room but there’s really nothing that’s in there. Small fridge, no microwave, and the closet is so tight that I cannot fit all my clothes in there. They also charge 50$ for people to go outside and smoke in a designated area that is just filthy. There are about ten other people that smoke and some of them just drop cigarette buds on the ground patio.

Huge and brand new!

My experience with A Place for Mom was excellent. Our advisor was wonderful and we are very grateful for her recommendation of Brookdale Chatsworth. My mother is extremely happy here. The care and social activities are fabulous. The staff bend over backward to find her the perfect apartment. It is huge and brand new!

Brookdale Chatsworth

I toured Brookdale while looking for places for my mother. I thought this community was very nice, and I liked it, but it was further away than we wanted. I was also unsure that my mother would be comfortable with the setup of the community. It is set up in a liner fashion, and I wanted something more central.

Unresponsive and Rude

I toured at Brookdale and overall, I was very upset with their service. I found the staff to be very unresponsive, almost rude. I went in for a tour, and they were late, I felt that they ignored me. Then, they told me one price when I was in for the tour, but when I called back I was told a totally different price. I felt [Removed]. I’ve been around long enough to know that if people treat you poorly at first that probably won’t change. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Warm & Welcoming

They are taking good care of my grandfather from what I hear from my family members who visit him often and give me updates. We chose Brookdale Chatsworth because it was a great place in a nice location, and it was very affordable. The administrator was warm and welcoming and supportive. The staff is very responsive to his care needs. The staff is easy to communicate any questions or concerns my family has in regards to how my grandfather is doing. I have dined there with him and the food was very good. I liked that it served restaurant style. There is a nice variety of good choices. My impression of the community is that it is warm and inviting and has a homey feel to it. They do offer activities for the residents that they try to encourage the residents to participate. My grandfather has been through a lot recently and the staff have been very supportive and caring in helping him feel comfortable. There is a courtyard and he has a balcony off of his room so that he can enjoy the outdoors if he chooses to. So far we are very happy with the quality of care they are providing for our grandfather.

Very nice stay.

The facility is very clean and the staff are doing what they can to take great care of my loved one! Though he doesn't talk to others too often, he is encouraged to socialize with other residents. This has been a bit of an adjustment for him, but we are very satisfied with his stay!

It's about time...

My sister had fallen several times in the past, and finally fell one more time, and as she lived alone, it took her 1 1/2 days to get to her phone to call somebody! She fell on a Thursday, and on Saturday my wife and I went to Brookdale in Chatsworth and got a grand tour. Later that day, took another Grand Tour with my other sisters and by the end of the tour, we had placed a deposit down for my sister that was in the hospital after that fall!

Senior Advisor kept in touch with me for over a year and three falls later and helped a great deal in locating a reasonable place for my sister.

Mom' s Care

My mom is in this community for care. The community is clean and maintained. I am glad to know that she does like the staff who are attentive to her needs. She seems to like the menu. The environment is not what my mom is looking for. We would recommend that families tour this community for the options that are available.

Very Inticing

I found nothing wrong with this community at all other than it was just a little too far west away from where I wanted to be. The staff was friendly and helpful on the tour. The community was very clean and tidy and there seemed to be a positive feel to the place. The appearance from the outside and inside looked very inticing

Nice facility!

This is a very nice facility! It is a newer facility, so it is very clean. I only got to meet a few staff members, and they seemed to be competent and knowledgeable in the industry. Though I did not end up choosing this facility for my loved one, I would have no problem placing her here!

Dirty Community!!

I was not impressed with the tour I had taken of this community for my mother. Everything seemed very dirty and was not well maintained what so ever. When they showed us the different bedrooms they where over looking a gas station out of the window and I did not like that. I just would not want my mother living in a messy facility like this one.

Still adjusting...

It's taken a little while but my sister-in-law is starting to adjust. She has been negative about a lot of things but we try to tell her the positive aspects and take her criticism with a grain of salt. She decided to eat Easter dinner with her new friends at Brookdale and we were very excited about that. There have been a few glitches for instance she didn't know she had a mailbox for awhile. We went down and talked to them and they have ordered her a key.They clean her room, which is very nice. It's been a positive experience for us and we feel she's in a safe place.

We Made A Connection

My dad is doing really great and it took a while but he is in good hands. They have been great with everything thing they do here. The staff keep the facility really clean and stay on top of his laundry. All the staff have been sweet patient and understanding. I have recommend this community to others. We connected with the sales manger when we toured, he was great and the reason we picked them.

Loved this tour. First class facility. Smells and look immaculate. Too many pluses to even list, but open dining, HUGE rooms, and friendly, professional staff topped my list.

It Has An Odd Structure

I am enjoying it here. I am seeing that it is like a business and not a care facility. They provide care but not for those with high level of needs. It is weird here and the place could use a secure out going mail system. The staff have to send our mail and we cant even get mail delivered here.

Lovely Place!!

My loved one has been sick lately and I could not be more pleased with how accommodating the staff have been towards us. They have been very helpful and have a genuine concern for him, its like one big family. I would defiantly recommend this place to any families looking for a great assisted living for there families.

Everything is going really well!!

I have no complaints so far about my fathers stay and am very pleased with the quality of care he has been receiving from the staff. He has had no complaints about the food and has really enjoyed the activities and events they have for the residents during the week. I also like how big his bedroom as well as the bathroom, it was one of the main factors he needed with finding a place to live. Overall it has seemed to be a great fit for my father.

Outstanding Care

I am very very happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The room is brand new and she enjoys the patio. This has been a great move for her. They have great church services for her. The meals are good and they offer a good variety. We are happy that she is active. We highly recommend the community with a great value. This community was recommended to me and I recommend it myself.

Clean, positive, cheerful, answered all questions without salespitch.

Doing Well

Everything is going well for my father since his move to this community. They have provided me with a peace of mind knowing his is safe and in a good place. The staff is caring for him and his well. The community looks nice and well kept. It has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

Don't do It

First the pros: Clean-Friendly admin and caregiver staff-In-house cafeteria-Activities
Now the cons: Almost no attention to detail-Disorganized staff-Staff lied when confronted with a problem-Expensive-No follow-up with family

So we left mom in the care of Brookdale for 10 days when we left the country. At the pre-interview I stated I had mom's meds all ready to go and just watch her when she takes them to make sure she takes the correct day. They said they administer the meds. I said great. At drop off I handed staff the pill containers to staff and then was told her meds needed to be in original containers. I stated I did not have them. No problem they said they would order her meds in packets to give her. This was a relief because we will be on a plane heading 5000 thousand miles away in three hours. The next morning, I get a call telling me I need to pay $500 for her new meds. I stated they were responsible for any charge since I was never informed the pills needed to be in original containers. They hung up. 20 minutes later I get a call form someone else basically saying if I did not pay the 500 mom would not get her medicine. I went ballistic. Shen hung up on me. Now I have to solve this problem from another hemisphere. Thank God for her doctor who got in touch with his pharmacy and had a supply of medicine delivered to cover the time we were gone. Absolutely no help from Brookdale. Then the staff lied about telling me about the pill container thing. Also told them at drop-off that mom's tv and floor lamp were not working. 10 days later at pick-up, they were still not working. Told person in charge of admin to please go into mom's phone and edit my phone number to make it easier for her to call me. NADA. So, I hope to God I never have to leave her there again. Please note this is only one experience, ours, make up your own mind. Thanks for reading. Have a blessed day.

A good place for respite care!

Mom stayed at Brookdale Chatsworth for 2 weeks for respite care to see what it was like to live in a community. She feels she is not ready to move there yet but if the time comes she would live there. Everyone was nice and the food was fine. They keep the community well maintained and clean.

It's clean, bright, and the food is fantastic. The staff is incredibly friendly, and my mom says that the food is the best she's ever had!

Higher than a 5 all around!!!

I've been doing wonderful since moving to Brookdale Chatsworth. It's going as good as can be. I would rate them higher than a five all around. They offer a lot of activities, sometimes I can't decide which one I want to do when more than one is going on at a time. The offer great activities to stimulate your brain and keep your busy, word games, rather than sit and watch TV. They do several exercise classes. One thing I would suggest is being able to go to a swimming pool for exercise as well. The food is good, they give you choices, I wish they used more seasonings, but that is my taste. They allow cats and small dogs. I would tell others to be prepared to involve themselves in activities. And also if they have hobbies etc, to not be afraid to bring that stuff here to work on.

She liked it when she visited

We are moving her in Saturday. I have told everyone I could think of about your service. Brookdale is great and perfect and she liked it when she visited. We are all set and ready to move in this weekend.

I feel good that she is there

Brookdale Chatsworth is going really well. I think the place is wonderful. I have no complaints. I like the staff. I like the fact that the place always smells good. It doesn't smell like an old folks home. It's clean and it's a nice senior living apartment. I feel good that she is there. It's not depressing there, it's uplifting.

I think they are doing really good so far.

I think they are doing really good so far. The staff is friendly, and I don't have any major concerns at this point. I would give them a five.

Felt like a hotel the minute we walked in...I loved it's warmth, and the base cost, but didn't love the price of extras which is what my mom needs right now.

Good community

Finding this Brookdale Chatsworth community was a life saver. We do not currently need care service for my Dad so I can not comment. The property was recently turned to a Brookdale community. They have some hiccups to overcome transitioning I believe. They were running a special so I felt the price was great for what you get. Three meals a day, laundry service, housekeeping and a lot of activities. I call it a cruise ship on land! My dad is very happy there.

on the fence

My dad has been there for less than six months, truth be told, I am on the fence with Brookdale Chatsworth. I like the building, room sizes and location. There have been some challenges with my dad acclimating there and a lot has been put on me as the family member to help them figure out. I would expect more from the administration and nurses there to help figure out.

Keep Looking

This place used to be much better when it was Emeritus. It has gone down hill since Brookdale took over. My father states the food is not even eatable anymore and pretty much just eats something in his room. They even fired the BEST life enrichment person they could ever hire! Change is not always better! I feel sorry for those who are stuck there because family won't move them to better care. Time to move on!

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss them in greater detail.

THE WORST PLACE EVER please read..

This was the worst place ever In my dad's own words Get me out of here Before they [removed]..They forgot him for meals countless times an eating is serious for a diabetic Even when We upped his level of care still forgot him meds to My personal va caregiver had to chase down Emeritus caregivers down Slacking 2 major va apts he was late Do to not getting his meds on time Not to mention my dad's room was never taking care.of Full dirty clothes basket urine every Were unsatitarory IF U LOVE UR LOVED THIS IS NOT THE PLACE u will never have piece of mind here I can recommend a amazing place called Meridian of west hills They document everything And the main thing is u will have piece of mind

My relative got no care, left alone for long periods

If you need any help, it isn't the place to go. My brother in law was paralyzed on one side, and I was assured he'd get care, and it didn't happen. We took him right out of there. He was supposed to get the highest level of care. Every weekend, something seemed to interfere with care. He was left alone in his room for hours at a time. It was the most pitiful experience I have ever had.

Great staff

They think they might be getting purchased by a larger company. Right now they are struggling to manage the quality of the food and activities. It’s a rough transition right now. The staff is great and what they do offer in terms of activities is great. I hope it’s just temporary. There is enough parking. They have a nice outside area. They are walking distance from things.

Very nice place, overall

Overall we had a good experience with Emeritus at Chatsworth! The staff were all very friendly, caring, and very efficient when it came to helping out their residents! The facility itself is always clean and well kept, and the individual rooms are attractive. The medication service was very accessible, and for the most part very reliable as well.
The only disappointment ended up being the food. They talked it up quite a bit, and while the presentation and menu selection were good, the quality itself could have used improvement.

I think the staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

I think the staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. My mother absolutely loves food! We are happy with the level of activities and feel the community is a really good value. My mother and I have no complaints about the food.

Very nice community

So far they've done an excellent job here! We had a bad experience with another Emeritus facility in another state, but our experience with Emeritus at Chatsworth has been very good. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is clean and well kept.

Very nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for my loved one. It was a beautiful place, very clean, and the population looked happy and active. Unfortunately they wouldn't be able to handle my loved one's care needs.

Great Place

I didn't go there personally, but researched a lot of places for my Dad who lives in CA. The people I spoke with on the phone were most helpful with answering my questions and concerns. When my Dad went to visit, he really liked what he saw. He said the room was spacious and has a balcony and the lunch was wonderful. He said they have a salad bar which really impressed him. After that first visit, he knew that was the place for him!

Really happy we picked Emeritus Chatsworth

We are very happy with the care my mom has received at Emeritus Chatsworth. She is very happy with her room, the food and the caregivers. It's been a real relief to know that she is being well cared for.

This is a nice place place,...

This is a nice place place, and more affordable than places in Santa Clarita

Felt more like a hotel. Foo...

Felt more like a hotel. Food not readily available between meals. Extra costs for services. Not enough staff/resident ratio.

A good community for Assisted Living

My dad and step mom really appreciate this assisted living community. Their room is comfortable and a good size. They like the food (and they are both very particular about their food). I have found the staff and directors to be helpful and kind. I think they have very fair price points for the room and services.

My Friend Like It Here

My friend lived there and he like that but it was too far from me. They had carpeting in the hallway and he was a little too far away from the dining room. He liked it but it just wasn't viable for him any longer.

Nice Facility and Nice People

I just really like them. it's convenient and the staff is very nice. My mom is being very well taken care of. I like the fact that they can take her to doctor and if she wants they'll take her shopping. She's got activities that she likes and everybody's really nice and friendly. I've heard no complaints about the food either. We looked at quite a few places and we liked Emeritus the best. We liked their answers to our questions, the facilities, and everything they had going on.

Bad billing explanation

It's only been a couple of months and all I hear is stuff from my mom, and she likes to complain anyways so its hard to figure out whats from truth or what's just typical mom. When I go out there everyone's bene helpful, it's basically what I would expect but it's nothing that would blow my socks off and I don't know what they would do to change that.

The only problem I've had with them is billing. When I first signed up, the one thing that bothers me, is that they've got those care levels and that wasn't explained well to me at all, there was no conversation, they told me about it and said it would be based off of the evaluation but they never told me about the point system. I assumed she would be level 1 and when I got the bill it was level 2. They tried to explain that she's not high level 2 but she's in that category, I wanted to know whats in level 2 care, if I'm paying the whole 600 dollar bills for the level 2 package I want to recieve everything I'm paying for, even if she doesn't need it.
Besides that, they've done a nice job with prescriptions, getting her on medications, they have someone who comes to the door to take her to her meals, she can walk but they assist her, and I appreciate all of that. The people are friendly, the food is good, the menu's nice, her room is nice it's just the whole billing fiasco.

Looked good at first???

When my daughter and I arrived at Emeritus for our 1st visit, we were greeted by very friendly staff. The room that we met was very nicely decorated. However, when my father stayed there for respite care we discovered rooms that need to be updated. My father was not happy with the care or the food. The mattress that he slept on had urine stains, and the bathroom was in need of an update. The cable TV did not work I had to go get the cable service installed myself.

Meeting with Henry. He work...

Meeting with Henry. He works with Haley. They are both been very pleasant to talk to you very understanding. Suites and 1 Bedrooms. $3345-$4345 plus $645-$825 for Special Care

Wonderful, one of my two top choices,...

Wonderful, one of my two top choices, facility is very nice, clean and a real professional caring environment. Director is great

Liked - large community - Spacious st...

Liked - large community - Spacious studios.

Lots of people with disabilities. Se...

Lots of people with disabilities. Seemed very caring. Would not give any estimate of what the assistance part of the care would cost. Older facility but a very good possibility. Seems to be less expensive

Liked this facility.

Liked this facility.

This is a very nice and well kept fac...

This is a very nice and well kept facility. My wife and I visited there on Saturday. We feel this is a place where my Mom would be happy.

Clean, Friendly, Informative, Willing...

Clean, Friendly, Informative, Willingness to help.

We really liked it. He even wants her...

We really liked it. He even wants her to see it so we will take both (I pray it works out). We're looking forward to that.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License #191221435