Sunrise at Silas Burke House - Burke, VA

Sunrise at Silas Burke House - Burke, VA has yet not published prices.

What a beautiful place. It is a quite and relaxing community, yet has lots of activities. The rooms are spacious and clean. The community as a whole is nicely maintained. I was very pleased with the interaction between staff and residents. Our guide provided us with plenty of information and was able to answer any of our questions.

Enjoyed the community but not yet ready to commit to living in that type of home environment.

We were very impressed with the establishment, staff and programs offered.

Sunrise at Silas Burke House is a good facility

The Sunrise at Silas Burke House was almost new when my dad moved into it - and the staff have stayed on top of the normal wear and tear, and addressed the issues that are normal with a new operation (service in the dining room, knowing where things are, etc.). The staff are friendly, helpful, and patient – not an easy thing with residents that have health and mental issues and mobility problems. A couple of days ago, my dad said that he should have moved out his house a couple of years ago, and that he was more comfortable than he has been in years. He's also healthier – he likes the food, he's eating a balanced diet, and he's taking his medicine in the right amounts and at the right times. I would give Sunrise 5 starts except that they're the most expensive option – but not by a whole lot. If you can handle the $1K more a month, this is a much better option than any of the other assisted living facilities that I looked at in the WMA.

Great memory center

My wife loved Silas Burke for the 44 days she was there.
Unfortunately, she rapidly declined in her dementia and
passed away at Adler Center for Care after 5 days.

It's new and therefore it's clean and has a number of rooms to select - the residents appeared to be happy - the location for me is great - and the service goes all the way to memory care without moving to another facility. However - it is expensive - about $10K per year more than equivalent places - if you can find them and if you can get to them in NOVA.

What a lovely place! I went on a tour yesterday and this is my take-away. Upon walking through the front door, there is a jigsaw puzzle waiting on folks to put together, the residents were having lunch and it smelled delicious! The dining area is set up with small tables and was very pretty and welcoming. The rooms are all good size (despite configuration) and allow the resident to integrate their own personal touch(s). There are different areas of the facility which have multiple seating areas which encourage the residents to leave their "apartments" and socialize. During my tour, I could see that some of the residents had an art class as there were painted birdhouses that were drying. There is also a lovely yard/outside seating area so one can sit outside to hear the birds chirp or simply feel the breeze and sun. The staff was warm and smiled at the residents as well as said "hello" to me in passing. The residents have multiple activities each day in which they can participate should they choose. There are also several areas with TVs where the residents can gather. They encourage family to visit, eat meals or even spend the night if so desired! The activities and meals are posted online, which allows you to ask your loved one during a phone call how lunch was or if they are going to participate in a specific activity. One additional item is that the residents can age in place (meaning, they stay in the same "apartment") until end of life. If looking/considering a place for a loved one where they can age in a safe place with an enriching warm environment, I would definitely look at this place to see all they have to offer.

Excellent care

Sunrise Burke is beautiful but what makes me give it 5 stars is the excellent care my mother is receiving in the Reminiscence neighborhood. The staff is knowledgeable in memory care and very attentive to the residents needs. We are very happy with Sunrise at Silas Burke!

They don't take people who are brittle type 1 diabetic. Had to take them off this list.
I had to list stars - although they don't apply - it's a brand new place - we just can't use it.