Sunrise at Silas Burke House - Burke, VA

Sunrise at Silas Burke House - Burke, VA has yet not published prices.

It's new and therefore it's clean and has a number of rooms to select - the residents appeared to be happy - the location for me is great - and the service goes all the way to memory care without moving to another facility. However - it is expensive - about $10K per year more than equivalent places - if you can find them and if you can get to them in NOVA.

What a lovely place! I went on a tour yesterday and this is my take-away. Upon walking through the front door, there is a jigsaw puzzle waiting on folks to put together, the residents were having lunch and it smelled delicious! The dining area is set up with small tables and was very pretty and welcoming. The rooms are all good size (despite configuration) and allow the resident to integrate their own personal touch(s). There are different areas of the facility which have multiple seating areas which encourage the residents to leave their "apartments" and socialize. During my tour, I could see that some of the residents had an art class as there were painted birdhouses that were drying. There is also a lovely yard/outside seating area so one can sit outside to hear the birds chirp or simply feel the breeze and sun. The staff was warm and smiled at the residents as well as said "hello" to me in passing. The residents have multiple activities each day in which they can participate should they choose. There are also several areas with TVs where the residents can gather. They encourage family to visit, eat meals or even spend the night if so desired! The activities and meals are posted online, which allows you to ask your loved one during a phone call how lunch was or if they are going to participate in a specific activity. One additional item is that the residents can age in place (meaning, they stay in the same "apartment") until end of life. If looking/considering a place for a loved one where they can age in a safe place with an enriching warm environment, I would definitely look at this place to see all they have to offer.

Excellent care

Sunrise Burke is beautiful but what makes me give it 5 stars is the excellent care my mother is receiving in the Reminiscence neighborhood. The staff is knowledgeable in memory care and very attentive to the residents needs. We are very happy with Sunrise at Silas Burke!

They don't take people who are brittle type 1 diabetic. Had to take them off this list.
I had to list stars - although they don't apply - it's a brand new place - we just can't use it.