Sunrise of Hunter Mill - Oakton, VA

Nice Facility, but expensive w/some care issues.

Had my father there some time ago, but had to find a new place due to yearly increases in cost. They are expensive. The food quality was up and down. The staff is overall friendly and they do provide daily activities. They were sometimes late or unresponsive when he needed help (call button). I think they were short handed most of the time he was there. The biggest issue was management's unwillingness to ever admit fault when there was an issue with care. They would never look into it , only give excuses why it wasn't their fault or why there was no problem. I got tired of it and put him elsewhere.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Morning Jessie - we are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

[name removed] was very helpful and knowledgeable-very pleasant. Staff was all friendly and helpful. Lots of active residents enjoying common areas. Nice touches like big windows and wall ledges for helping residents walk are a nice feature of all Sunrise facilities. Menu looked good, and quiche they gave me after my tour was heavenly. Lots of activities, including gardening and art projects.

So far our favorite facility. They knew the drill. Rooms are tiny and barely any closet space BUT that was outweighed by obvious good healthcare and motivation.

Sister is in Good Hands

My sister is taking some time to adjust with her move to this community. However we are comfortable with her move here. We know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is wonderful, and very kind, and helpful. She looks good when I go to visit, and is receiving good care. They are very willing to work with us in helping her get adjusted. This is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

Not Enough Staff Available For The Care They Offer

We should have not moved my dad into this community. I was lead to believe they would be able to provide a high level care. I was there for a whole week to monitor him. It was a nice place and they have caring staff but it is important to understand what is the real need to move in and to determine what the needs are. What was available and said to be provided was not followed through. They did not have enough staff.

Tour Went Well

I had a good tour of this community. It was a lovely experience, and everyone was very kind. The community looked great, everything was very nice and clean. The staff was helpful, and informative. We found a community that was closer for us, but our tour of this one went well.

My Visit To The Community

This community is a little higher priced than the community we chose. The rooms were not as nice as the other community. They have an open and airy foyer. The staff we met were nice and the community seemed clean.

A 2 Month Respite

They look like a nice facility and the staff were nice. My mom stayed as a respite but she did not care for it. She was just waiting to get into the community of her desire to be with my dad. It was a good respite overall.

Sunrise Senior Living

We Comfortable with My Mother in Law's Move Here

My mother in law is still getting adjusted to this community, but we are satisfied with her move here. They have lovely staff, they are attentive and helpful. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. There are activities offered for the residents. The meals are nice. We know she is safe and in good hands here. This is a community I would recommend, it has been good experience for us.

Nice location, very friendly staff and community. Pretty building and I saw many activities and their pet was very engaging. Not as convenient for our family and their usual travel routes.

have taken good care of her

Sunrise at Hunter Mill have taken good care of her. It has been a good experience. It is expensive. They have plenty of activities offered. She does not participate but they are there. Overall thing are good here.

a nice place

We're happy with the location and with the care Mom is getting. It's a pretty building with a sweet house dog and kind and friendly people who work there. I think my mom feels at home there.

They have been very helpful..

So far it has been good. They have been very helpful which is important. I think that is the best thing. It's very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, It has been a good experience.

Very nice place

We've had a great experience with Sunrise at Hunter Mill, overall. I'd give them top marks across the board, we're really pleased with them. In particular I think they do a great job with their activities, both the activities that take place at the facility itself, as well as the off-site shopping trips, meals, etc.

Very caring

They do provide quite a few activities. It’s a very caring community. I think the people who provide services because they want to be there. There isn’t enough parking. The big negative is that it was difficult to move furniture because there isn’t good access… you have to in through the lobby or through the service area.

Excellent place, just too expensive

This palce was wonderful! This particular Sunrise has a floor that is just for dementia type patients. The only reason we took her out (because this place was great!) was money, they were very expensive. My mother was better off here because she could walk the floors and talk to people, she's physically very healthy.
It was excellent and we just couldn't afford it anymore so we had to move her.

Sunrise @ Hunter Mill

Very friendly staff and well trained. They worked hard to ensure that everything went smoothly. Very nice people.

Lovely staff, Lisa Grieg. Room overal...

Lovely staff, Lisa Grieg. Room overall just not big enough to comfortably fit mom's art stuff. Seems no matter what, she would be cramped when entertaining visitors or even herself for sitting around. Art would take up whole sitting room. Room view was great though, and location, location location! Pretty high price, too--$8,400 per month.

Liked this facilty. Met with director...

Liked this facilty. Met with director. All Sunrises have house dog and cat. Nice setting, good location, had a few room available: turret room $208/day a bit pricey but nice space. Had good feel to it.

Sunrise at Hunter Mill has been ranked as one of the top communities in 2013 on SeniorAdvisor.com, the premier online ratings and reviews site for senior living communities nationwide. The SeniorAdvisor 2013 Excellence Award recognizes senior living communities who receive consistently high ratings and positive reviews from residents, families, and visitors. This exclusive designation is awarded to less than one percent of communities nationwide.