American House Livonia Senior Living - Livonia, MI

Review of American House Livonia Senior Living

My aunt always had a smile on her face when I came to pick her up - she enjoyed the people and activities at American House - lots of people came over to her and hugged and said goodbye and good luck in our move south. Thank you for taking such good care of her.

Review of American House Senior Living

American House Livonia was very good to us. I moved my dad in [date removed] for a variety of health issues. He was always taken care of by a kind and compassionate staff of professionals. The building itself was always clean and well maintained. Updated décor, responsive medical team, friendly office & housekeeping staff. Thank you for taking good care of Dad!

MEDICAL STAFF IS HORRIBLE!

The staff of American House is excellent. Everyone hard working and kind. That being said, if you need the medical staff you are out of luck. They are hard to find don't come when the help button is pushed and not nice for the most past. I would not choose this facility if you need the medical staff!!!

Medical Team is terrible.

The American House staff is VERY nice. Everyone I have met is very kind! The Medical Team is a whole other story. Can't find them. You pay a LOT of money for this service, but good luck getting them to come.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. We'd appreciate an opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please give us a call today. We look forward to hearing from you.

Review of American House Livonia Senior Living - Livonia, MI

I toured this facility and found [Removed] assisted director very professional, informative and compassionate. Listening to my family’s needs and trying to suggest solution for our unique family dynamics.

American House Senior Living Communities

Janice, thank you for your 5-star review of our community. We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us and we're glad to hear you had such a postive experience at American House Livonia. We value your feedback!

Review of American House Livonia Senior Living - Livonia, MI

American House has been very accommodating. They have done a very good job.
The staff has [gone] above & beyond to make sure my mother's needs are taken care of. I am always talking to the residents. It [has] been my observation [that] the residents are very happy. I am now [going] to volunteer.
I am looking forward to [removed]. They are very caring & loving.
[removed] is fantastic. [removed] does a great job working in the office.

Review of American House Livonia Senior Living Livonia, MI

This community is beautiful. First impression walking in was just beautiful! Looking around at the residents there they all seemed very comfortable and happy. Even shouted out "this place is great". Unfortunately it looks like a financial struggle for my Aunt to live there.

Friendly accommodating staff. Great activities coordinator. Staff puts residents at ease and makes them comfortable. On site medical team addresses residents medical issues. Highly recommend to others.

American House Senior Living Communities

Nancy, thanks for your 5-star review of our community. We're glad to hear you've been happy with our team at American House Livonia and we appreciate your feedback.

My mother enjoys the safety of this community. The activities are amazing. I will continue to recommend this community to my friends for their loved ones.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for your 4-star review of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear your mother is happy at American House Livonia.

Respite stay

My mom's @ AHL for respite to date I believe she will and I also will not worry about her care, so this review to be continued.
Would like to thank [Removed] front office and the staff...

Kindest regards'

[Removed]

American House Senior Living Communities

Sam, thank you for your review of American House Livonia. We appreciate your feedback.

Not a fan of the layout!!

We had a good tour of American House Livonia Senior Living. The facility was clean and everyone was very friendly. Ther deciding factor was the setup. It was not what we were looking for.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to tour with us. We appreciated your feeback.

Wonderful Place👍

I was very apprehensive about moving my mom from her current Assisted Living to American House but due to the already high and escalating costs of her apartment, it was a "must do". I am a nurse so I look at things a little differently. I must say I believe the care to be equal and in some ways much better than where she was. They have great activities and outing. Yhe facility is easy ti navigate and mom has dementia. I was able to apply for a Michigan Medicaid waiver which covers all of her personal care and a portion of her apartment fee.
I am very pleased and the staff is warm and friendly😊

American House Senior Living Communities

Joyce- thanks so much for the five-star review! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our community and hope that your mom is settling in to her new apartment. We appreciate your feedback!

An Acceptable Place To Become A Resident

They were a suitable provider to give care that a family needs. As we toured the community I could tell the residents were happy and well cared for. We were invited to stay for lunch but passed the opportunity. In the end this was not in a good location and more far from us.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for touring our community. We appreciate your feedback!

My Dad is Doing Great

Everything is working out great for my father since his move to this community. It has been a very good experience so far. This is a good, safe community. The staff is good, they have been friendly and polite. They are very good at keeping me up to date with information about my father. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. The meals are nice, he is pleased with the meals. This community is a good fit for him and his needs. I would recommend it.

Top Two!

The American House was very similar to the community we went with. This place was nice and kept very clean, but it just seemed less homey. It was not as bright and cheery.

MY parents new home.

Both of my parents are at this community. The staff is excellent and doing everything to help them adjust in there new home. The food is great and they are offered a good variety in the meals. A large range of activities are offer to them both, but at this time they are still adjusting to the new surroundings here. I would recommend this for the value and the excellent care here.

I would not recommend this place

This would not be a place I would recommend. There is no sense of community and very little for residents to do. Look in the lobby. People are just sitting there bored. At least most places have a television for them to watch. In the past, they went months without an activity director and no one seemed to care (more profit for the parent company?). The aides that they use are hired by an outside company and there is constant turnover. No one seems to truly care about the residents. Very sad. Walk around. Look at all the empty rooms. Places that are caring do not have that many empty rooms.

Our thanks

My father is a current resident and we could not be more pleased with the facility. The staff is very pleasant and always have a smile on their faces. Even the cleaning crew have asked what they could do to brighten my fathers day! The place is very clean and bright and we are very happy that we chose this facility.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We’re delighted your father is enjoying living us and are thrilled you took the time to share such positive comments about our community and staff. I will let our team know how much taking such good care of him means to you and your father. If you or your dad ever needs anything please stop by my office or give me a call. All the best, Beth Bailey, Executive Director

No Sense of Warmth

I didn't feel a sense of warmth or family at this location. Visited many times, didn't see anyone from the staff interacting with residents. The residents just sit around - they don't even have a television to watch in the lobby. They looked bored and I don't want that for my mom.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review. We regret you felt our community was not the best fit for your Mom but appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our care and services and I will review your concerns with staff. If you’re interested, we do have other communities throughout Southeast Michigan which may better fit with your mother’s needs. You can see a complete list at www.americanhouse.com. I’d be more than happy to arrange a tour. You can call me directly. All the best, Beth Bailey, Executive Director

They have been phenomenal.

They have been phenomenal. We are really happy with them, and I don't have any concerns. They have been great.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review! I’m thrilled to hear how happy you are!
Cathy Felkins, Executive Director

Things could be worse, but certainly could be made better.

We had some very bad experiences when we first moved my mom into American House. We spent a lot of time in the beginning there making sure things went right and she felt comfortable there. I highly suggest family does that to see what actually does go on in any facility they place a loved one. She adjusted quite well because we were there to make sure she got the best care and met other residents to get her adjusted to being there. Our main complaint is with the daily activities they say they provide. She's only been there a little over a year now and there's been at least 3 times when the activities director has been sick or on long term sick leave for weeks or months at a time. These residents thrive on having some activity to do to get them out of their rooms and we've been very disappointed with that and have complained many a time and feel we always get the verbal assurances. They are paying for those services.
There has also been issues with the quality of the medical services provided. I know it's a thankless job to take care of our older generation and there is a high turnover of personnel there which is hard on the residents. We constantly have family members there, probably 5 - 6 times a week checking up on things. Overall my mom is happy there and that is the main concern, but overall our family was not expecting this quality of care for the price she's paying.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review as we are happy to have your mom as a resident of American House. We appreciate you sharing your feedback about her experience moving in, getting acclimated and with activities. American House deeply values activities for residents; therefore, we have a dedicated Life Enrichment Director to ensure residents have many regular activities. Feedback is always welcome and we are sorry to hear that you found activities to be unavailable.
As for care, we work with a third party care provider to offer optional services to our residents. We'd like to speak with you in more detail to address this matter. If there is ever another concern, please contact me directly and I'd be happy to talk to you about it to see what can be done right away.
Thank you for taking the time to review!
[removed]

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into senior care options for our loved one. This seemed like a nice community, the staff were all very friendly. However I felt the decor could use updating, or maybe a remodel, it all felt a bit old and worn down. We ended up selecting another community, but this one is definitely worth a look!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for recommending us! I really appreciate it, even
though we were not a fit for your loved one. Currently, our community is getting
quite the remodel to improve the overall building quality for our residents.
Please give me a call if you decide your loved one ever needs a change.
I’m happy to go over your options with you personally.
Cathy Felkins, Executive Director

Very nice facility. Once pr...

Very nice facility. Once prices added on for assistance, made it unaffordable for my mom.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you like our community! Our personal care services are provided on an a la carte basis, so you wouldn’t be paying for what your mom won’t be needing. If you’d like to talk more in-depth about what her options are, I’d be glad to give you additional information. You can call me directly.
Cathy Felkins, Executive Director

Nice place ...worth conside...

Nice place ...worth consideration. Would need to revisit to see if hallway odor was usual or unusual.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback! We always do our best to keep the hallways clean and smelling great. I look forward to seeing you – please call me if I can be of any assistance.
Cathy Felkins

Like a Nursing Home

That was like a nursing home. I knew my mother wouldn't be comfortable with that. I didn't even bring up taking her to see that because a place that felt like a nursing home was the picture she already had in her head of what we were trying to do. I wanted a place that would be homey.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m sorry you felt that way, especially since most people do think we’re rather homey. If I can be of any assistance to you, perhaps in discussing what would help your mother be more comfortable, please give me a call. We offer lots of things for residents of all activity levels (see here [removed] You may also want to check out [removed]

Great but My Mom is Not Ready

My mom is just not willing or ready or whatever to go into an assisted living. She gave it a few days and just was not comfortable. She felt lonelier there than she does at home even though she lives by herself. She's not a very sociable person and it was just a little overwhelming for her to be put in that environment.

The food was great and the people were really attentive. My mom is just not ready.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you and your family think highly of your community, but I’m sorry to hear that your mom wasn’t ready it. It’s totally understandable, and happens to a lot of people! If you’re still considering a senior living community, you may want to take a look [removed] [removed] where your family can read (and discuss) tips for easing the transition. If I can be of any assistance, please give us a call.

[removed]

The lady who showed me arou...

The lady who showed me around was very nice. The location was poor and seemed crowed I did not care for it.

American House Senior Living Communities

Our staff is indeed very caring, thanks for noticing! I’m sorry you didn’t care for the location and I would be interested to hear any other feedback you might have. Please give me a call or stop by sometime.
Cathy Felkins
Executive Director
[removed]

The Director and coordinato...

The Director and coordinator were very accomodating. The interior of the place was dreary, halls narrow and i could smell cigarette smoke in the halls. only had studio apts available. All in all I did not get a good feeling about the place, so I would cross this off my list

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m sorry you feel that way. We do our best to make sure our residents feel at home here. If you’d like to give me a call, we can address your concerns together and see what we can do about them.
Sincerely, Cathy Felkins, Executive Director [removed]

Executive Director and Admission Dire...

Executive Director and Admission Director were both very helpful; facility was clean and appeared to be comfortable; no medicaid money available at this time.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad we were able to help! Don’t hesitate to give me a call or stop back in to discuss how we can make American House Livonia your home when you’re ready.
[removed]

Although I liked this location a litt...

Although I liked this location a little more than the Farmington House, I was a little concerned about the absence of 24-hour on-site medical care. I would consider this as an alternative residence.

American House Senior Living Communities

We actually do have a personal care company on-site 24-hours a day. If you require a little extra assistance, perhaps one of our other locations may be a better fit – give me a call and I’d be happy to talk to you about your options!
Cathy Felkins, Executive Director [removed]

A relaxing, comfortable one-story community in the West-side suburbs that truly feels like home, American House Livonia is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Livonia, Plymouth, Northville, Farmington, Westland, and Garden City. We are also located in close proximity to these hospitals, St. Mary Mercy Livonia, Botsford Hospital, and Garden City Hospital. Livonia Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*
Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational programming. Resident Services also include 24-hour on-site staff and scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.