Brookdale Northville - Northville, MI

Brookdale Northville - Northville, MI has yet not published prices.

Just a beautiful facility with what seems to be superb service. Unfortunately, it is not a fit for this client at this time.

Mom loves it

We chose this community because when we toured it was clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and caring. There are chairs out front for family to visit. Mom enjoys the activities such as listening to music and then they make sundaes for them. The food is good here and what we like is every wing has their own dining room so its more personable that way not in a huge dining area.

The place is kind of depression. Too many nook & cranny, narrow hallway, not very fresh, staff don't seem too enthused. Fear the possibility of wheelchair bounded mom can get stuck in some corner & forgotten. No firm pricing with a big unknown piece of care cost. Would not consider at all.

A Nice Visit

The respite stay for my mom went good. I loved the staff and they were absolutely wonderful. They were able to cope with my mom's behavior. She didn't think she fitted in because she was younger than everyone. Before she went home, she got a chance to get her nails done.

Fast Response

I must say that I am totally impressed with the prompt response we received in regards to placing my uncle. We had a timeline to place him and being that it was over a holiday weekend I was not expecting such a prompt response to my inquiry. I have found the staff to be incredibly helpful and kind during the transition.
The staff keeps me informed of my uncle's progress and any concerns they have. He seems to like the food no complaints.
He is not actively participating in activities at the current time hopefully that will improve in time.
The overall reason why I chose this community is simply that of the response time to my inquiry and it was convenient.

Care and Questions

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We liked the staff was able to answer the questions but it was not the person in charge. The community was clean. We did have lunch and the food was really good. We were not impressed due to we did not have the correct person to speak with on the tour to get the answer that we had and that did not give us a good impression of this community. Other families might be happy with a tour of the community for the care of a loved one.

The tour guide was not very friendly....

When we toured Brookdale, we did not have a very good experience. The person whom we had scheduled the tour was unaware of the appointment, so the person that took me and my 4 other loved ones came off as a little rude. We all noticed, so it was not an option for us.

Helpful STaff

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where friendly and made sure to give my loved one and a detailed look at everything they had to offer. They had a nice open floor plan with wide hallways that was easy to navigate through. Overall great experience it was just not the right fit for my loved one in the end decision.

My mom's care

I like knowing that my mom is in a nice community and happy with the care that she is receiving from the nice staff who are very caring to her needs. The community is clean and she likes the good variety of the menu. They offer her activities to participate. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

A facility of caring

So many things to say to express my appreciate for the thoughtfulness of the entire staff. The personnel, all just seem to work together in every aspect of caring. When they walk into my wife's room with a smile, to the greeting at meals all have a smile on their face. [Removed] and all in the management team excel. We hit a home run when we found Brookdale of Northville.

DONT bother- please go somewhere else!

This may seem like a good place based on costs and amnenites offered, but let me tell you.....During the initial sales pitch they will tell you anything you want to hear but once your loved one is locked and signed in, all the lies will come out! Please notice how many people move in every week..... they're not dying, they're leaving! Meds are constantly mixed up and given incorrectly, the rooms are not cleaned regularly- (my loved one has to live with a filthy room unless I clean it.). The shower has never been cleaned in 2 years my loved one has been there. The clothes are washed and never nicely folded,( just thrown back into a laundry basket) and then sometimes lost. The activities are mostly lame. Cost goes up 3-5% every year. The workers are mostly polite but it's all a facade. If you have questions about your loved ones care, or you notice something wrong, you better don't dare ask or they may threaten to throw your loved or out! TRUST ME! Please look somewhere else! I wish I could take my loved one out- they don't deserve to be treated like they treat them.

Very helpful!

I did get to take the tour and enjoyed it. The only thing that was not what we wanted was that they did not offer a memory care unit and that is what mom needed. Other than that the people were nice and they were helpful.

No life outings!

We really liked there set up that it was smaller and more personalized. What we did not like was that they did not go on any life outings. Those are the things that we look for in a place. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Insist on "informed consent"

A family member lived there for many years. They seem to have significant staff turnover, including the all-important exec-director role. (The social director was the one constant through the years and she was very good with the residents.)

A couple of the exec directors were good; most were disengaged. Consequently, care was sometimes good; sometimes not so much. There was one stretch of 8 or 9 months without an Exec Dir; one filled in part time from a different Brookdale property. But irrespective of any of this however, like clockwork, Brookdale could be counted on to pass down large price increases each and every year.

But, what was most concerning was, after my parent left for another facility it was brought to my attention that they'd been on strong doses of a psychotropic med.

Nothing remotely approaching "informed consent" was ever provided (meaning this kind of medication has to be explained to you in plain English). This revelation was deeply disturbing. I entrusted my parent's care to Brookdale and, pending evidence to the contrary, feel my trust was badly misplaced.

Although this facility assured me that they could care for my father through the end of his life. We were forced to move to a group home that was able to give him the attention he and anyone suffering from advancing dementia the attention and care they need at a cost that was much more reasonable.

Older Community !!

The staff was very friendly during our tour and gave my loved one and I a lot of useful information about the community. The bedrooms seemed a little small for my dad and too tight on space. The building looked like it needed some updating as well as some new paint and carpet.

Very good facilty, good not be happier

My Father has been here 1 month and he is like a new person, stronger, more invigorated, and far more socially engaged. I attribute this directly to the entire team at Brookdale. I am not exaggerating when I say that the aids nurses (Val & Ashley are great), and management team (Pam, Shannon, Terri) are excellent. Our questions are answered quickly, requests dealt with fast, and most of all my dad is happy and making better progress than we expected!

A nice community!!!

Mom was only at Brookdale Northville for a few days before she was placed in hospice and passed away. The staff were extremely nice and worked well with the hospice team. The community is clean and if we had to have put her somewhere it would be here. The activities director came in the first night and asked what she liked to do and even read to her for companionship.

Overall quality of care has ranged from high to low. It depends heavily on the professionalism, engagement and competence of the Executive Director. This position has been very inconsistent at Wynwood over the years. In addition, after our family member left Wynwood, a subsequent doctor's examination this year brought to our attention the use of a psychotropic drug. (Had never even heard this term before; Google it!). ...(The legal standard is that "informed consent" must be used for psychotropic drugs.) Recommendation is to definitely ask hard questions of the nurse and visiting doctor (who doesn't respond to family members) about this area of care and how they will communicate w/you.

My dad loves the place, but there have been a few things to work out.

My dad loves the place, but there have been a few things to work out. There have been some medication issues, some things that have not gotten done, that we are paying for. We are however addressing those issues. Brookdale itself is really nice, overall I have positive feedback.

extremely flexible

Wynwood of Northville was extremely flexible with the time frame we had since it was for respite care. I really appreciated that. There were only minor issues for instance I would have liked for them to bring water around more to the residents. Again this was so minor. Overall everything went well at this facility.

They deserve more than a five

We were extremely happy with Wynwood. We were thrilled with them from the very first day. Pam and Terry were fantastic. They visited my loved one in rehab and got things approved immediately. They did everything to get him better, but it was too late. They bent over backwards to get everything he needed. They were in touch with us, and called us whenever we couldn't be there, and they were great to us when our loved one passed. They were there to support us. I just can't say enough about the care and support that the staff gave us, and all the residents were just super as well.

Nice place overall, a few things they could improve

In general I think they do a good job at Wynwood of Northville. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and I like what they have to offer in terms of both food and activities. There are a few ways I think they could improve, however. I think they could be more flexible in terms of my loved one's schedule, she is not an early riser and they haven't been very accommodating to her preferred sleep schedule. I also think the communication between the community and families could use some work.

Pretty good, overall

Overall things have gone well with Wynwood of Northville. The facility itself is well kept, nice looking, and clean. My biggest concern is the quality of the care staff, which has been hit or miss so far.

I love Wynwood. The staff is super. T...

I love Wynwood. The staff is super. The cleanliness of the facility is superb. I go there everyday at different times of the day, and the staff is always good, even the administrative staff helps out and does a great job. The activities are great. There's always something going on. My father enjoys the be fit exercise program, which I enjoy doing with him.

Assisted living $3500 month

Assisted living $3500 month

Nice place, overall

Other than a few issues settling in things have gone very well at Wynwood of Northville! The facility itself is very nice, clean, and the surroundings are pleasant. They've got a good variety of activities for the residents, and the food is very good! I also like the dining set-up, they've got several small dining areas as opposed to one large cafeteria.
The biggest issues we've run into is that some of the staff can be slow to respond to requests, or will sometimes agree to help with something and then not complete that task.

A Nice place to transition your loved one

Kind of early for us to give a total review but the experience of getting our Mom into assisted living on a very short notice was made much easier by the staff and leadership at Wynwood-Northville. They were thorough, understanding and gave excellent explanations on all involved in the care of Mom. Her first day there was rough as she did not want to be in assisted living but her nurse was very understanding and took the time to ask us some questions about her so that she could reach out and try to make the first few days better. There may be places out there that are less expensive but I have to give kudos to the staff as they seemed the most knowledgeable and prepared to make this transition and that does count for something.

Beautiful but too pricey

Beautiful but too pricey

Good transition for Mom

All of the staff are caring and helpful. The rooms, hallways and open spaces have lots of light from the many large windows. The decorating is very pretty. There are many options for individualized care and for group,participation. The meals are often tastey and appealing. The outdoor paths and landscaping are nice. My mother is happy there.

Don't assume all needs are understood by everyone. Watch for lack of communication.

Best of the Bunch

We visited several other communities and this one was the best of the bunch. The staff is really helpful and friendly. The community is really clean and really couldn't ask for anything more. My sister is a picky eater and they seem to always have an alternate that is good so it keeps her happy.

Anticipating this to be the best type...

Anticipating this to be the best type of place for Mom, more later. The best place so far we have seen, a good place for MOM!!!

Only assisted living. Minimum cost $3...

Only assisted living. Minimum cost $3445.

Very small, but nice. Can't judge th...

Very small, but nice. Can't judge the appearance right now, in the middle of renovations. Seems clean and cared for. Lots of activities available. Seems geared more toward the independent resident, may not have staff levels to support extra care requirements. All services "a la carte", expensive.

Brookdale Northville offers a high quality of highly personalized assisted care services in Northville, Michigan. Located in the Detroit metro area, Northville is a historic town featuring Victorian era architecture, old-fashioned street lamps, boutiques, and restaurants. Our town has a weekly farmers' market, outdoor summer concerts and fun annual festivals. Northville is a wonderful place to call home, dedicated to providing a high quality of life for residents of all ages.

Brookdale Northville is a vibrant community, welcoming residents from all walks of life into our friendly home. Our staff is knowledgeable and well-trained, seeking to develop long-term relationships with each and every person. It is their commitment to our residents that allows us to provide such highly personalized care, helping residents maintain independence while getting the help they need to live purposeful and meaningful lives.

Services and amenities at Brookdale Northville include:

Regularly reviewed personal assessments
Assistance with activities of daily living
Full-service dining with snacks available throughout the day
Housekeeping and personal laundry services
On-site library with large print books available
On-site beauty salon and barber shop
Outdoor areas including a courtyard and garden