This would be a very nice option for someone who wants an assisted living community close to lots of mom-and-pop stores and little restaurants.

This is the place!

I have been on the search for the right place for weeks and seeing everyplace in Westchester and parts of NJ, I have decided on the Fountains at Rivervue for so many reasons. Having toured a couple times with [Removed] and even the administrator [Removed], I couldn't be happier with my decision to move my mom here. They have been so welcoming and honest from the beginning. None of that sales talk but honest and comforting conversations putting me at ease knowing my mother will be in great hands. The food has been by far the tastiest and a true restaurant experience. The staff are friendly and so helpful in all areas. Most importantly my mom is loving it more and more each day and throwing herself into activities, trips and building friendships with her neighbors. If anyone is like me and looking for the best place for their loved one, this is it. Thank you to the Fountains for truly making us all feel right at home.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your feedback; your review is music to our ears. Your experience is exactly what we are committed to creating for each and every resident and family member. I look forward to reading your review to the team to acknowledge them for their dedication, expertise and caring ways. Please let us know anything we can do to ensure your mom continues to thrive. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of David Goldsmith.

This is actually a independent living residence, not an assisted living facility. The rooms are large and lovely, the rent, very reasonable, the staff seemed very helpful. It includes three meals a day, activities, and housekeeping, but there is no care included (personal laundry, med mgmt, etc.). I liked that the residents seemed more diverse than any other place I'd visited, but that probably has to do with the Queens location.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you, we appreciate the review, however it seems that you may be confusing us with a different senior living community in Queens. We are a licensed Enhanced Assisted Living community as well as a Special Needs Assisted Living for residents with memory loss, located in Tuckahoe, NY. If there’s anything we can do to assist you in your search or answer any questions along the way please don’t hesitate to contact us. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

All is Well for Mom

My mother is being cared for well here in this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. All is well, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. This is a community I would recommend overall.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for letting us know you are happy and satisfied; we greatly value your opinion. We are honored to serve your Mom and family and to ensure she is thriving. Please stay in close contact and always let us know what we can do to make life great. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

Very pleased.

They are treating my husband very well here.

I really liked this place - the employees I met were really nice, the location of the place is spectacular - lots of trees and grass, local parks + walkable restaurants and starbucks.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon for a club, class, outing or special event. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

A Gem of a Facility

My tour of this community was a very nice experience. The community appeared to be well-kept, and the staff was very friendly. I was impressed that the staff members moving about greeted many residents by name. The decor of the facility is warm and "homey" and appealed to me immediately. Had there been availability at the time, I would have definitely placed my loved one here. I would definitely recommend this facility.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high praise. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited. Please be sure to add your name to our waiting list and when a residence becomes available we’ll let you know right away. Thanks again. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of David Goldsmith.

Moving mom here was the right decision

Moving my mom here was the best decision we could have made. She had been living at another assisted living facility for 7 months that was unable, or unwilling, to meet her needs. The staff here, from the leadership team to the dining room staff, are all warm, caring, and kind. The initial orientation, the comprehensive nursing assessment, and the regular refinement of her care plan all demonstrate The Fountain's commitment to giving their residents the best possible quality of life. As a nurse, I can be a harsh critic, but I have nothing but praise, and appreciation, for all that they do.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your Mom is thriving. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

Best Welcoming I have Seen In 15 Years On The Job

I have been an ambulette driver for 15 years and transporting people all over the NJ and NY area. In my 15 years of transporting different people to different facilities, I have never been so amazed by a welcoming from a facility. Yesterday transport to The Fountains for a couple moving in blew me away. Truly the most professional and best welcoming I have ever seen in all my 15 years on the job! I would highly recommend The Fountains to anyone in search.

Watermark Ambassador

Dear Rita, thank you for sharing your review. We take pride in our friendly and supportive community and welcoming new neighbors is our privilege and joy. Thank you for noticing and for everything you do to support seniors and residents of our area. Thanks again, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

My Mom is Flourishing

It’s Hard to watch one of your parents deteriorate and lose their will to go on with life. My mom was a vibrant fun loving woman who was very active. Now she has severe arthritis in her knees. Due to this she didn’t want to leave her home and refused to use any walking aids. I was at wits end. My sister did some research and found the Fountains at RiverVue. I checked it out extensively and said this is the place for mom, now to convince her was my next step. I brought her here and they accepted her with open arms. She Immediately liked it. She is now a permanent resident of 3 years and flourishing like a butterfly out of a cocoon. The residents/neighbors are her new found friends. The Staff is beyond compare. She raves about them and so do I. They are very caring and sympathetic to everyone’s needs and most importantly they are sincere. I couldn’t ask for a better place for my mom. Thank you Fountains staff, We Love You!.

Dear Dan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It will surely bring hope and confidence to many individuals and families who are afraid to explore their options. It’s wonderful to see how individuals truly flourish when they trade in a life of solitude, stress and home maintenance hassles for friends, fun, learning, growing and a new adventure every day. It is our pleasure to support our residents to ensure they’re thriving and it is a joy to do so for your Mom. Thank you again. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director. Posted on behalf of David Goldsmith.

So Glad I made the move

I recently moved into the Fountains at Rivervue from another community. I moved because I was looking for more activities and programs. Not to mention the food is fabulous here. I can tell you my experience has been wonderful and the service from all the staff is more than I could have expected. I enjoy morning exercise every day along with an array of Watermark University Classes. I have joined the activity committee apart of the resident council. What I love the most is if I ask a question to anyone of the staff or Directors, I am given an answer and in a promptly fashion. I am glad I made the decision to move and couldn't be happier.

Glad I Made The Move

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your feedback – we couldn’t be more happier to have you! Every day really can be a joy when you select the community that’s just right for you. Thank you for choosing The Fountains at RiverVue; we are honored to serve you. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

2 years strong

My Aunt has been a resident of the Fountains at Rivervue for 2 years now. She came from living by herself in a large private home and was very worried about making the change to a small apartment & hotel type residence. She adjusted very well & in the first month to our surprise. My aunt enjoys the company of others & the great social programs, activities, Classes, music, lectures, food & Jewish culture.etc) available to her on a daily basis. We the family love the fountains crew who are always caring, attentive and friendly. We all feel good knowing that our aunt is cared for in a active, safe, clean & nurturing environment with a great spirit. We can all sleep a lot better because of them...Thank you!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you sincerely for sharing your experience. You have described a situation which occurs quite often but we never get tired of seeing it happen! People tend to blossom when they have the opportunity to learn, grow, have fun and interact with their peers. This, plus not having to deal with all the stress and to-do items of managing a home, brings out the very best in people. Thank you for acknowledging our caring and compassion. I look forward to sharing this with the team. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

Impressive

Very Impressed with everything I saw

My Friend Is Well Here

My friend seems to be doing pretty well here at this community. From what my daughter has told me she is still adjusting to the community. This is a nice community with kind people. It is a locked down facility, so we know she is safe. She seems to be well here. It is a work a progress.

Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable staff. Immaculate facility with many amenities. The rooms are very spacious.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your impressions of our community in an online review. We take great pride in creating an extraordinary community where people thrive and It’s wonderful to receive positive feedback. Thank you. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive director

Angels714

My parents moved over from the Esplanade in White Plains due to the fact they are closing down. Though moving them has been a horrendous and traumatic experience, moving them to the Fountains has been the "best thing they have ever done". These are their words exactly. They absolutely love the food, activities, people, staff and apartment. The Fountains have limited space and accepting wait list , so we got in at the perfect time. I would and have highly recommended the Fountains to others in search.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you sincerely for your feedback, I look forward to sharing your review with our entire team of associates. We’re honored that you chose The Fountains at RiverVue and so glad to hear that your parents are happy. Please let me know if there’s anything special we can do to ensure they are thriving. Thank you again your feedback is greatly appreciated. Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of David Goldsmith

Way too expensive over $6000. Month for a dorm room. Almost $10,000. Month with care

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback. I understand costs can be daunting, but most residents find living here less expensive (and more fun) than maintaining a home, paying property taxes, insuring a vehicle, hiring help or doing all their own shopping and cooking. All of that’s included under one roof here. We do have options under $6000, with care extra, as it is most places. According to our most recent research, our rates are mid-range for this market; some communities cost more and some cost less. We strongly recommend prospective residents carefully shop and compare their options to find the best match for them, budget and otherwise. Thanks for taking a look at our community and I hope, after further research, you will reconsider The Fountains at RiverVue. Sincerely, David Goldsmith Executive Director
Posted on behalf of David Goldsmith

I am surprised to see this review. I am a family member whose Dad has lived at the Fountains for over 5 years and from day one the staff at Rivervue welcomed my Dad with open arms. They welcomed him from the beginning and to the point that he returned to the community after having gave it a trial run to make the permanent move..he came to the realization that in the short time he spent in the beginning that he made friends instantly and with all the variety of activities and the fact that he joined their men's club spoke volumes. I wouldn't have chosen any other place but The Fountains at Rivervue, and we looked at several. They always are attentive to my Dad's needs and have gone the extra mile. When I speak with my dad he tells me about the great lunch he had with his friends and were catching up on activities from the weekend. I have never heard my Dad complain about his time at The Fountains and am happy to speak to anyone who is beginning their search.

The Fountains is a dump

I would give a rating of 0 if that was possible. My mom moved in over three weeks ago and it has been a nightmare. There is no ventilation in the bathrooms, her apartment is not cleaned, she has no mailbox (whereas others do) and [removed]. I would not recommend The Fountains to anyone. [removed]

Watermark Ambassador

First, let me start by saying how sorry I am that your experience at The Fountains has been so profoundly disappointing. This is the kind of feedback that we take very seriously. As to the cleanliness of her suite, it is true that initially our housekeepers were nervous to go into the room with her big black lab, Midnight. However that was rectified and now your mother takes the dog for a walk while her apartment is being cleaned and we have been able to resume our regular cleaning schedule. Your mother did have an issue with the key for her mailbox initially, but our maintenance associate made her a new key and the situation was resolved last week. In the past, we have not had complaints that the existing ventilation in the bathrooms is insufficient, but I will look into this. We are committed to working together and ensuring that she has the best experience at the Fountains. If you or your family would like to discuss your concerns further, I would be most happy to do so. Please contact me at [removed]. Best regards, David Goldsmith, Executive Director, The Fountains at RiverVue

Incredible Facility

The staff is fantastic. They have a good handle on all of the residents and visitors that enter the facility. We often get comments from the staff members that we hardly know about how well my mother in law is doing and what she was up to each day. Incredibly over the top on keeping up with the activities.

Wonderful Place

I moved my dad in about a month ago and its was a great decision. They have been wonderful from Keisha the receptionist to the managers. Everyone is so accommodating and wants to help anyway they can. The food is fantastic and I join my father for meals often. The care staff are long term and truly care for their residents. I am both relieved and happy my father is a resident at The Fountains. I highly recommend to all.

Great Community

It's a very nice facility. The people are very friendly and caring. They have Good activities. The transportation is very good. This facility is In a very good area. My mother enjoys food. Overall, The Fountains at RiverVue is a great community. My mother and I are very pleased and satisfied. I am glad that my mother is happy here. I would highly recommend The Fountains at RiverVue to anyone who is searching for assisted living.

very positive experience

They do seem a bit understaffed. I think they need some more aids to help out the residents out.

That is the one area of improvement I can think of. Other than that everything with The Fountains At RiverVue has been a very positive experience.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback. Hearing from residents and their families helps us know exactly where to make improvements to our programs and policies. I am glad to hear that overall your experience at The Fountains has been a very positive one. Of course, a top priority for us is to create an environment where residents – and their families – can thrive. As our staffing ratios meet or exceed state requirements and also what is standard in our industry, I would like to hear more about your observation regarding possible limitations or shortcomings. Please do feel free to contact me at [removed].

Sincerely, David Goldsmith, Executive Director

Very expensive.

v

I think it's a very pleasant place. I really like the facility and the room. It's cheerful. The staff is very nice. There is a little confusion in terms of the care. Once they gave him the wrong medication, and a few times. they did not send someone to put on his ankle brace. The food is very good, and it is accessible to people who don't drive, which is very helpful to me.

Review of The Fountains At RiverVue Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Tuckahoe, NY

loved it i think its to far and to expensive for my brother

Nice place

Seems like a good place overall. It's clean, everyone seems very friendly, and the care and services they provide all seem very good.

Toured and moved my father in, feels most like home.

Compared to the other communities in westchester, this felt the most like home and less like a cheap marriot hotel. Everyone from the receptionist, care staff and sales team was fantastic. They have activities all day/evening, trips, transportation to doctors appts, and an independent setting. The village is in walking distance and across from the Metro north station into nyc. I have had dinner and it was delicious! As a result I moved in my father who is more active and happier now then ever. I recommend The Fountains to all looking for a community which feels most like home and provides great services.

I didn't like it.

I didn't like it. It was very expensive. The parking was awful. The community was very spread out. There is a restaraunt was nice, and it was in a good location.

We liked the general feeling, the physical presence.

We liked the general feeling, the physical presence, it was built for assisted living rather than converted like a lot of others. They have one thing they do bad, they don't respond to the emergency bell very quickly. On two occaisons it took fifteen minutes to respond.

It was fine. Everyone there seemed to...

It was fine. Everyone there seemed to be happy too. There seemed to be lots of activities, they had a private theatre and people were always coming and going there seemed to be a lot of activities going on.

I think it's a good value. I think they are fantastic.

I think it's a good value, I think they are fantastic. There were a lot of things that I had in mind I knew my sister would like, the atmosphere is one of caring and concern. I looked at seven different places and one thing I looked for was location, it was not near a busy highway, the appearance, it has a friendly atmosphere, Mary in particular projected a very warm feeling. I can't imagine anything they could improve on. In a situation like this you can't give them what they really want, which is to be young and free again. The food is great and the food service, the maintenance, I can't imagine how they could improve. There is a range of times to eat and you are served with a choice of two different things each day along with things that are always available like a tuna salad sandwich or a pb&j. They are very caring.

Lots of turnover

First of all, the fountains did not communicate well with the people who were family members and we didn't get very much in the way of reports or communication on what's going on. They had a lot of turnover with the executive directors, during the six years my sister was there, they had 4 or 5 different directors, one of which left and came back; so there was a lot of executive turnover as well as staff.
It was marginal, the facility itself was a little older and because it's in the suburbs of New York City they didn't have the real estate; so for that area it was probably pretty good.
The staff that were there regularly or had been there for a while knew their residents by their names, but you got the impression that it was all put on, that it was a job and they had to do it.

Not for my parents. Unable...

Not for my parents. Unable to leave premises by foot. Many residents in wheelchairs.

Mom is Fine

All assisted living facilities are very expensive. There is the Inn and the Garden. The activities in the Garden are a 5 but upstairs I can't rate. There seems to be a huge turnover in administrations. That needs to be inproved. My mother is doing fine there.

Very Accommodating

The staff here is very responsive to any request you may have and there is always someone available if you need them. The community is very clean and well maintained. It is a very difficult decision to make and it take a lot of adjusting the staff has been very accommodating and has made the adjustment period a little easier. If you have an issue, bring it up to the staff and they are happy to work with you and see if it is a something they need to permanent change. We would recommend you ask lots of financial question and ensure you are understand of all charges so that you are not surprised when the bill arrives. Studios are about $5,000 and they recommend you bring as much from home and you want just to give it a home like feeling.

First floor & lobby area no...

First floor & lobby area not too impressive,furniture looked old, carpets not very clean, could use a fresh coat of paint.The resident's rooms and corridors above first floor looked clean & the rooms were a good size. We saw several residents on the patio and around the facility and they looked well-groomed, well cared for. Proximity to public transportation (ie railroad) attractive to us as my mom's friends don't drive, live in the city & could visit more easily. Not certain what the level of care rates are..Mike said they range from $750/mo to about $2300/month. I'm troubled by the statement that 'fees may change without notice'

Good location, no independe...

Good location, no independent living, just assisted. cost higher than millbrook (almost double)

Nice, but too expensive

Nice, but too expensive

Felt most like a hotel. People had li...

Felt most like a hotel. People had life alert type buttons. Not very clean. People seemed content. Activities had participants

We’ve looked at assisted living from all angles and challenged ourselves to raise each and every bar. That’s why at The Inn, customized care and choice are the order of the day. When you think of assisted living, do you picture a selection of several floor plans, exceptional restaurant-style dining, a wide variety of social, educational, cultural and recreational opportunities? We didn’t think so. But that’s just what you’ll find at The Inn

As you make your selection from several bright and spacious studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom residences, you'll find a space that's just right to call home. And if you desire a little help as you customize your apartment, we have move-in professionals at the ready.

Of course, you’ll also discover outstanding health care in a setting that is engaging and inviting. We’re committed to assisting you how you like, when you like, 24 hours a day - on your schedule, not ours. You tell us your preferences for when, where and how and we’ll take care of the rest.

City info

Tuckahoe, NY is a relatively small city with a population of only 6,586.

- Walkability score: Tuckahoe scores 85 out of 100. Most errands in the city can be accomplished on foot.

- Average age in the ZIP code: The median age of all residents is 38.9.

- Senior housing facilities in the zip: There are 206 senior housing facilities close to Tuckahoe.

- Average weather info: Summers in Tuckahoe get warm and humid, while winters get very cold. During the summer, the average daily high temperature is 71 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average daily low temperature during the winters is 25 degrees Fahrenheit.

- Veterans' facilities in the area: The nearest veteran facility is the White Plains Vet Center in White Plains.

Transportation

Getting to and from Tuckahoe is quite easy. You can hop on a taxi, take the bus, take the train, or enjoy a ride-sharing service. While limited bus routes are available, buses and trains offer discounted senior rates.

- Buses: Westchester Manhattan Express offers one bus route that goes from Tuckahoe to Yonkers to Mount St. Vincent. Seniors age 65 and up enjoy reduced fare prices.
- Trains: The Metro-North Railroad has a train station in Tuckahoe. Seniors who are 65 years of age or older can enjoy reduced fares.
- Taxis: While no taxi companies are located in Tuckahoe, taxis from nearby cities accept rides from residents in Tuckahoe. WeDriveYouNY is a personal transportation service that offers senior discount rates.
- Ride shares: Uber and Lyft both operate in Tuckahoe.

Health and Safety

Tuckahoe is a safe city with a very low crime rate. No hospital is within the city limits, but many are reachable within minutes in nearby cities.

- Hospitals in the area: The closest urgent care hospital is Eastchester Urgent Care. The New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville and the Montefiore Mount Vernon Hospital in Mt. Vernon also offer excellent medical services.
- Crime rate in the ZIP code: The crime rate in Tuckahoe is extremely low. Only 15 violent crimes and 51.8 property crimes were reported in 2015. No murders have been reported in this city for the past 15 years.

Sports and leisure

Golf courses or tennis courts are easily accessible in neighboring cities, and Tuckahoe offers several excellent senior-friendly gyms.

- Golf courses nearby: The closest golf courses are Leewood Golf Club in Eastchester and Lake Isle Town Park Golf Course in Eastchester.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: The closest options is the Bronxville Village Tennis Courts and Yorkville Tennis Center.
- Gyms nearby: Phoenix Fitness offers a wide range of exercise classes that cater to all age groups. Aerobic Sculpt is a cardio-based interval class that's ideal for strengthening muscles and burning calories. Transform Fitness and Training offers nutritional counseling.

Shopping and entertainment

Tuckahoe is home to quaint shopping centers and restaurants as well as libraries for those who love to read.

- Clothes shopping nearby: The Poughkeepsie Shopping Center offers a small selection of stores.
- Grocery stores: Lunde's Deli and Grocery, Pablo P Grocery and Stop and Shop are all excellent choices.
- Restaurants: The Olde Stone Mill and Angelina's are favorites among locals.
- Libraries: Public libraries include Tuckahoe Public Library, Crestwood Library and Grinton I. Will Public Library.

Religious facilities

Places of worship in Tuckahoe include the Church of Assumption and the Immaculate Conception Church.