Sundial Assisted Living - Redding, CA

Very accommodating staff

My dad lives here. From what I’ve heard, everything is going good. I like the place and he seems to like it and is quite happy. I haven’t had any complaints regarding the staff but the only one that I’ve spoken to a lot is [Removed] which I believe is the director. But everyone that I’ve talked to has been very nice. The food is good, everything is homemade and most of the time Dad seems happy with it. They try to accommodate you if there’s something on the menu that you don’t like and offer you a different option. However, there doesn’t seem to be a huge variety that you can choose from. The biggest meal that they get is lunch and then they get a light meal for dinner. Everything is very clean and smells very good. Usually when you go into a rest home, you can tell that’s where you’re at, but this place is very nice. Housekeeping changes the bed every week but they make it for him every day and my dad gets help with showering twice a week. That part is something that we have to pay extra for. They don’t offer a lot of activities. They have fitness classes every morning, there are different types of games at certain times of the day or on certain days of the week, but he doesn’t participate that much. Something that I was happy to learn was that they provide furniture for you here, so you don’t have to bring anything with you. Overall, my dad has been happy here and I would recommend them.

Amira Fahoum

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are very pleased that your dad is happy and we will continue to work hard at offering more of what he likes. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do and again, thank you for your time and response!

Nice tour

Sundial Assisted Living was a nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. The residents seemed very happy. My mom chose another community because she was looking for a certain look in the decor for what would be her new home.

Amira Fahoum

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate knowing that we did what we could to appeal to your mother. We completely understand if it just not the aesthetic that she was looking for. We are very glad to hear that you found the community in great shape and the residents happy. Thank you so much! We hope you will keep us in mind in case you know others that may need assisted living. Thank you again!

Nice large facility. Tour was very nice. Good interaction between staff and residents at dining area and as residents made their way from activity room to the dining room. Rooms well laid out with ample storage. Outdoor common areas well kept and looked to be a nice place for a stroll. Price will be a deciding factor.

Amira Fahoum

Thank you for your feedback and the time you took to get to know us! We take great pride in creating a comfortable home and the highest of standards for the elders we serve. I'm sure you received them, but just in case, you can also find our rates on our website (sundialalf.com). Click on the menu item "floor plans" and then "rates". We greatly appreciate your time--if there are any other questions we can answer, please feel free to let us know. Thank you!

We Really Like This Community

We use this community for its respite stay services. We really like the warm atmosphere and my mother really enjoys her time when she is here. It's a wonderful community and I know she is safe and in good hands when she is here. They provide great care, and the staff is very friendly. They have even invited my mother back to play piano for the residents. It is a great community with kind people. We will continue to use their services in the future.

Amira Fahoum

Thank you Cheryl! We very much enjoy having your mother here and her piano playing. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to future stays and visits!

Great care and warm, friendly environment

My Mom spent a week at Sundial Assisted Living for respite care. When we asked her how she liked it, she said, "A+"! The staff are genuinely friendly and caring. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The environment is clean and smelled fresh. The staff was extremely helpful with my Mom's special dietary needs. If we need respite care in the future, Sundial Assisted Living will be our first choice.

Holly Heleniak

Nancy, thank you for taking time to give us a review. We so enjoyed having your mom! We are glad that we were able to provide a pleasant experience for her, and she brought much to our community as well! We hope to have her back again soon!

I was so scared of making a decision of where to place my Mom after our experience at the other home my mom was in.
You were very helpful in making my self and mom feel confortable talking to you about our needs and expectations.
I thank all of you for your understanding and Patients while dealing with me and my concerns. I think my Mom is going to be so much happier living in your home.
I look forward to visiting with my Mom and your staff in the future.

Holly Heleniak

There are no books on how to transition a parent from independent living to assisted. It is not easy! Your concerns and questions reveal a love a concern for your parent, and we want to do whatever we can to make this a home where you and your mom feel safe and can enjoy. We are so happy that you are both happy, and we look forward to your visits!

Holly Heleniak

And Margaret, we love your mom!!!!

The Cream of the Crop!

I love this community a lot. The staff is wonderful about keeping me involved with my loved one needs. They have great food and it is on a menu just like a restaurant. This community is very beautiful and clean all the time. I would most definitely recommend family and friends.

Holly Heleniak

Thank you for taking time to rate us on Senioradvisor.com. We so appreciate your comments and are encouraged that we are achieving what we are striving to do...to provide a home for elders that is beautiful, comfortable, enjoyable and one that allows them to thrive with purpose. We are so pleased that you and your loved one are enjoying Sundial, and we will pass the encouraging words onto our Sundial team.

Mom enjoyed it!

We only used this as "respite" care. My Mom only stayed for 2 weeks while I was on vacation. She was able to continue with her Golden Umbrella activities on 3 days a week, which she really liked. She enjoyed being there and said everyone was very helpful. She would be willing to go live there when the time comes she can no longer live with me.

Thank you, Dottie!
We loved having Ellen! She was a great addition to Sundial. We were happy to help facilitate getting her to Golden Umbrella and are glad she was able to keep her normal schedule as much as possible.
Our team enjoyed getting to know Ellen and would love to have her again. Hope to see you again soon!
Holly

mom is having a wonderful time

My mother really loves it there at Sundial Assisted Living. The food is great. her room is wonderful, and kept very well clean. All the people there are extremely nice. I can't say enough great things about them - it has really been a great place for her. It is a wonderful setup for her, and she has gotten very active and interested in doing things with the group. She is really having a wonderful time there.

Hello,
I wanted to thank you for your kind words about Sundial. Those sentiments make everything we do here worth it. We love to hear that people have found a true home here. It is easy to care for our residents because they give so much to us.
Thank you again for your encouragement, and we hope your mom continues to thrive!
Blessings,
Holly

We love Sundial Assisted Living!

My mom has been at Sundial for almost five years. Many times she has told people, “It is the next best thing to being at home.” She is surrounded by loving staff, numerous activities, good friends, and good food. They encourage her to be independent and do for herself what she can, while always willing to assist with a helping hand when needed. Some people still have the vision of “sticking mom in a home,” but at Sundial nothing could be further from the truth. Mom is able to pick from many activities: music, entertainment, exercise, parties, games, and engaging with her “Sundial family,” as well as scenic drives, and trips to local shopping and appointments. She would never have this richness in opportunity and friendship if she was still in her home. She has blossomed into a wonderful, caring, and engaged woman because she is living in a loving environment surrounded by her Sundial family. I highly recommend Sundial Assisted Living!

Holly Heleniak

Hi Susan, We so miss Eunice and you and Bruce. Thank you for writing a review for Sundial! It was a joy to care for your mother, and we will strive our hope is to continue serving elders well. But there will never be another Eunice. Come have lunch with us soon!
Blessings,
Holly Heleniak (Community Relations Director)

I was very thankful for Sundial and their excellent staff.

My Mother was a resident for 2 yrs at Kirkland assisted
living, which is now called Sundial. My Mom chose to leave her home. She needed more care and wanted to be
in a assisted living facility. It was a difficult transition for
her. With the friendly staff she was very welcomed. She
felt very safe there and got excellent care. I would spend one full day a week with her. Not only did I see how the care givers were with her, but I noticed how they interacted with the other residents. The car givers always
called people by there first name. Which is a feat in itself with 40 plus residents. The food was excellent, as well as
the staff. The wellness center was always there to answer
questions I may have had about my Mom's health. They
were very helpful and informative. I never felt they were
rushing me. They seemed very concerned about all the
residents. I would recommend anyone with a loved one
to check out Sundial. I am now a volunteer at Sundial.
I enjoyed everyone so much I couldn't stay away.

Hello,
Though your comment was anonymous, I wanted to thank you for recommending Kirkwood (now Sundial). Affirmations like this make what we do here worth it. Though I am not sure the identity of your mom, I can save with extreme confidence that she was valued and cared for. Thank YOU for spending time visiting your mom every week and make her final days filled with people who loved her. Thank you again for your kind words and thank you for volunteering for Sundial. (If you are who I think you are, you are invaluable and very much appreciated! :-)
Have a wonderful day!
Holly

clean, great place. Certain...

clean, great place. Certainly one I would consider for my mom

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Sundial. We consider it high praise when someone would consider to place their mom in our care. Let us know if we can help anytime in the future.
Sincerely,
Holly Heleniak (Community Relations Director)

Not Right for Us

It was nice but it just wasn't the right match for what we needed at the time.

Holly Heleniak

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sundial. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit, and though we weren't the best fit, I hope that you have found the perfect home for your loved one. Thank you again for taking the time to comment. Blessings, Holly Heleniak ( Community Relations Director )

We are guided by goodness, loyalty, faith and fun. Set below the Cascade Mountains in the Sacramento Valley not far from the shores of Lake Shasta, Sundial Assisted Living is a vibrant residential community providing California seniors with an active retirement lifestyle as well as the security of assisted living services when needed. Our central location just outside of Redding offers easy access to shopping centers, parks, hospitals and the freeway.

An assisted living community, Sundial is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our professional caregivers are available to lend a helping hand with life’s daily chores, such as dressing, bathing, grooming and managing medications. We also offer the benefit of emergency call systems and 24-hour security.

To ensure that you spend less time doing chores and more time enjoying life, our staff takes care of the housekeeping, laundry, landscaping, building maintenance, transportation and meal preparation. Our in-house chefs make all dishes from fresh ingredients and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily in our formal dining room.

Sundial Assisted Living is proud to offer high-quality senior living set against the stunning natural backdrop of California’s historic Shasta County.