Sundance at Woodcreek Reserve - Katy, TX

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. This was a nice, clean community. We were looking for a private room and all they had were semi-private rooms. So it just wasn't a good fit for my mom. I would recommend families tour as many places as they can before making a decision.

I searched & searched for “The Place” to move my mom for a better quality of life. I visited many many locations & when I sat down with Lance & Samantha I signed papers on the spot. This has been one of the most important decisions I’ve ever made. The staff professional & taught about every resident before them even move in. I personally promise Sundance is #1 on my list.

Thank you Deb!

My father is new to Sundance. He’s only been there a month, but the admission process went very well & she was very compassionate. The staff is dedicated & obviously takes the dignity & comfort of their patients as a top priority.

Thank you Kathryn!

My wife & I toured Sundance not knowing what to expect. It was our first experience touring a memory care community. All my fears of what memory care looks like quickly disappeared the moment we stepped in the building.

Lance Redmon

James, Thank you for the kind words!

My aunt has been at Sundance since Sep. 2015. The care givers are the best! They know & love each individual resident for their own unique “quickness”. By far, it is the best fit for someone you are losing to the horrible disease of Dementia.

Lance Redmon

Peggy, we love your aunt! Thank you for trusting us to care for her.

My 92 year old dad lives at Sundance. His condition is very very hard for our family to deal with, but the folks at Sundance have been a great help & comfort in a time of great distress. I am confident my dad is being well cared for & that his life is as rich as possible under these circumstances. I would not hesitate to recommend Sundance to other families.

Lance Redmon

Ellen, we are so honored to care for your dad.

Not a place for my Dad

I toured this facility on a Saturday and was taken back by the caregiver. She was loud and had not been relieved, she told me she had already been there 14 hours.

She gave me a tour of both sides of the facility, memory care and assisted living...both had residence not dressed (and it was after noon) and no activities were going on. Just didn't get a good feeling as my father still have the ability to socialize.

Kemberly,
Thank you for your comments. I will do my best to make sure no one has that experience ever again. If you get a chance, I would love to talk in person to get more details of your visit. I hope that you have found a good care option for your dad!

Heaven on Earth Community

With a heavy heart and doctors' recommendation, I searched and search in the Katy area for 'THE PLACE' to move my mom for a better quality of life. I visited many, many locations and when I sat down with Lance & Samantha at Sundance, I signed papers ON THE SPOT! This has been one of the most important decisions I've EVER had to make. It rates right up there with picking one's Soul Mate, purchasing your first home and giving birth to children. Sundance has surpassed any and everything I ever imagined. The entire staff is professionally schooled and taught about every singe resident before they move in - as to know their personal needs and wants. Just to mention a few things: Cleanliness, happy/upbeat environment, in house salon, daily ministries, daily activities: exercises, bingo, ring toss, golf, puzzles, singing & dancing, outside gardening and my favorite is the Thursday " Tea Party " - prepared for KINGS & QUEENS. The list goes on & on. Not only does Sundance treat their residence like royalty, but when we/the family enters the facility, we are recognized and called by name = PRICELESS. So, if your loved one is affected by this horrible disease of Alzheimer's, I personally promise Sundance is number one on my list. God Bless you all!

Lance Redmon

Deb, Thank you so much! We love caring for your mom!

Loving caring community!

I am so blessed to work for such a great community. We have incredible team members that are dedicated to loving and caring for our residents as if they were their own family. It truly is a blessing to work for Sundance!

We love our team!

Caring For My Mother Well

So far my mother is doing well here at this community. My father is the main care giver, but from what he has told me she is adjusting to the community. It is a nice looking community, from what I saw everything is pretty well maintained. So far they are caring my mother very well.

Samantha Rincon

Thank you for your feedback. We are grateful that your family has trusted us to care for your mother!

I really like what they are doing there.

Things are going very well at Sundance. I really like what they are doing there. She had been there almost 2 months and has not had a fall. She is high risk for falling. I would highly recommend Sundance for anyone with Memory issues and falling. They keep the occupied and involved so that they do not injure themselves.

Thank you so much!

Extremely Caring

They are extremely caring and friendly and it feels like family. From the management all the way down to the caregivers, its like how they would treat their own family. I feel more comfortable having my mother there than anywhere else.

Lance Redmon

Thank you so much! We are so honored to care for your mom.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Sundance at Woodcreek Reserve! It's been such a huge improvement over the place our loved one was in previously, The facility itself is beautiful and well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. I would highly recommend them!

Lance Redmon

Thank you! We love caring for you loved one!

So far they are doing a very good job.

So far they are doing a very good job. They are giving good care. It's clean and the staff is attentive, and friendly. It's the best we have ever seen. I haven't had any complaints about food, we are very happy with it.

Lance Redmon

Thank You! We are glad you are happy with it!

A wonderful, caring facility

Sundance has been a great experience for our entire family, starting with our loved one who is a resident. We can appreciate Sundance and its staff all the more because of a previous bad experience. The rooms are spread out in different hallways, eliminating a central hallway where some residents are more likely to become confrontational with other residents. The dining rooms are also very spacious. The entrances for visitors are "just any other windowless door", and not a place where some may congregate and want to leave. Everyone on the staff, from the administrators on down, take a genuine interest in all the residents AND those who visit them. Sundance is a very Christian, caring atmosphere. We couldn't be more satisfied!

Lance Redmon

Thank you! We love our residents AND their families!

Review of Sundance at Woodcreek Reserve in Katy, TX

My brother Charles was at Sundance a short time, wish he gotten there earlier. The staff always had a smile, ready to provide anything Charles wanted or needed. The overall caring atmosphere was wonderful to see. He loved to sing and listen to the Christian music during activity and quiet times. Charles was treated as family with dignity and respect. Thank you!

Bruce,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at Sundance. We are honored that you chose us to help serve your brother.

My Uncle has made such huge milestone...

My Uncle has made such huge milestones since he's been at Sundance! After suffering a stroke at the age of 69, he had such a rough road. Since he's been at Sundance his speech has improved tremendously as well as his mobility. We are starting to see him laugh again and his overall outlook has changed. We are so grateful for the staff at Sundance. They are family.

Sheryl,
We are so honored to be able to care for your uncle! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Our grandma, Mimi, is here and we jus...

Our grandma, Mimi, is here and we just love it! Everyone is so nice and almost every time we come to visit her they are doing a fun activity with the residents. We are able to bring our kids and they are allowed to participate in the activities and spend as much time with Mimi as possible. Our family has peace knowing that she is in a clean, safe place and she is loved and cared for! We have also stayed for a couple of meals there and the food is home-cooked and absolutely delicious! Thank you Sundance!!

Kristin,
We love having your kids here! Not only does Mimi love them, but all or our residents light up when your family visits! Thank you so much for your kind review!

Positive transition for my mom

We recently moved my mother to Sundance in Katy, and it has been such a positive transition for her. The Sundance staff members are all extremely positive, encouraging, and nurturing to the residents. They not only make our mom feel like part of their "family," but also everyone in our family who visits her.

Sundance provides stimulating and varied activities that the residents thoroughly enjoy. We family members are invited to be a part of numerous fun events with our parent such as ice cream socials, teas, special meals/treats on holidays as well as on parents' birthdays, special events involving various community organizations who visit, etc.

Sundance's foundation is Christian-based so the residents continue to hear God's Word through Scripture as well as in song and also in craft activities. What a comfort it is knowing this is a part of each day for them.

All of the Sundance employees--from the directors to the nurse to the care partners to the kitchen staff--are extremely friendly and welcoming. They interact positively with the residents and their families and truly enjoy being an integral part of our parents' everyday lives. Because of this, our family has such an assuring confidence and trust in the well being of our mom each and every day.

Communication with the residents' families is thorough, timely, and professional. We often receive updates and fun pictures of my mom enjoying an activity or event at Sundance. Should there be a medical concern or question, we are contacted immediately.

In addition, the meals are varied and delicious. Sundance welcomes family members to join their parent for mealtime, and I can testify to how good the meals are because I have had the opportunity to eat with my mom several times.

Again, we are very pleased that our mom and our family are now a part of the Sundance "family." It is so reassuring knowing our mom is receiving great care as well as love and attention every day.

Debbie,
We love having your family part of the Sundance "family!" Thank you for trusting us to team up with you to care for your mom!

Excellent Care Facility

The minute you walk through the door you can feel the heart that is put into this place. From the leadership down to the caregivers, these patients are treated like family. Innovative treatments, healthy home cooked meals, activities, a vegetable garden, and state of the art systems are among some of the things you will find when you walk through the door. What a wonderful place for your loved ones to be cared for. I highly recommend it!

Lance Redmon

Thank you Lacey for helping us serve the community!

sundance has been a Godsend for my mother and my family.

My 90 year old mother has been a resident at Sundance for a year. This was her first move away from her home.
The staff have been wonderful to her and helped her make the transition to assisted living. My siblings and I feel that this has been the best option for our mother. Although it is not the same as being in one's own home, Sundance has provided safety, excellent care, and comfort for Mom. The caregivers and the directors have all made Mom a part of their life and have given us peace of mind.

Lance Redmon

Thank you so much! We love caring for your mom and seeing your family every day!

Great place for Mom

Overall excellent, although they have had some issues with management retention, I do not think it has adversely affected the residents.

The facility is capable of serving many more residents than are currently living there, so it remains to be seen if they can maintain service levels at full capacity.

Thank you Paul!

Memory Care is what we do.

Sundance at WoodCreek Reserve is firmly planted in the heart of Katy, TX 77494 zip code just south of Interstate 10.

Every program we develop, every training we initiate with our care team, every community outreach we lead is focused on the life enrichment of those impacted by some form of dementia or Alzheimer's. In fact, Sundance is lead by families who have walked the emotional path of watching a loved one live through memory loss.

At Sundance, the heart of our mission is the belief that "A Walk Together" is powerful medicine.

We embrace the idea that individuals in all stages of memory loss benefit from structured and non-structured activities. You will see a wide open floor plan of 48 beds divided into 4 intimate neighborhoods that offer significant confidence and repetition to those dealing with memory loss. Sundance is committed to creating a final home filled with smiles and love for each resident.

This is why we have invested in a Snoezelen Room in each of our communities. This ground breaking, technology focused room is specially designed to deliver stimuli to various senses, using lighting effects, color, sounds, music, scents, etc. The combination of different materials on a wall may be explored using tactile senses, and the floor may be adjusted to stimulate the sense of balance. Over and over this room has helped agitated residents return to a calm state rather than simply opting to medicate them.

We know each stage of memory loss presents its own challenges and needs. Our team finds one of the greatest joys in life is loving your family like our own.

Frankly, we could fill this space with all of the reasons we believe our community feels like home. We could list the customized amenities and award winning programs we offer. However, those are just words on a website. We would ask for you to spend an hour with us. Within that brief time...you will feel the difference.