Carriage Inn at Katy - Katy, TX

Mom is happy here

Mom has adjusted well and seems relatively happy. She wanted a private room and they had one available. The staff is friendly and taking really good care of mom and her needs. They will try to engage her in the daily activities. The housekeeping does a good job of keeping things clean and well kept. They will also do her laundry for her. Mom says the food is fine and have options to choose different things if you didn't want what they served. They have a nice outdoor area she will love when the weather is nice. I would recommend this community.

Assisted and independent living offered here

I toured this facility. It was very nice, but the location just wasn’t ideal. The facility was also very big and I was concerned about my Mom getting lost and not being able to get to the dining area. Everything was spread out and the rooms they had available would’ve been quite a walk for her. The person that gave us the tour was very good and was able to answer all of my questions. They had a lot of activities available and, while I was taking my tour, they even had a big bingo game going on. The facility itself is a little bit older, but everything seemed to be up to date and the apartments looked like they had been newly renovated. I liked the fact that they offered both assisted and independent living as well.

The BEST place ever

During Hurricane Harvey my parents got flooded out and had to be moved immediately and we called A place for Mom and they were such a blessing. We knew about Carriage Inn at Katy because a friend stayed there. Things went quick, like the same day and this community is AWESOME the caregivers are friendly and attentive. They eat there daily because they love the food. They used to eat out at every meal. They join in all the activities and my mom plays the piano for the residents. They keep it so clean and the grounds are also well maintained. I would definitely recommend this community. And a major plus is it is only 4 minutes from our home.

Final 3 selection. Patio homes available. Warm staff. Main building hallway is a square, so resident could not get confused going down wrong hallway.

Comforable Living!!

I am pleased with how things are going so far for myself since I had made the move into this community. The staff are all very kind and have been able to accommodate my needs to the best of there ability. I like that we have the option to pick what we want for our meals from the menu but do wish they had fresher vegetables for us to eat. They have a few activities available but could use some improvement in that area as well as work out equipment.

It Is Great Here

It was not good having my parents apartment not completely clean when I moved them in. The community is getting remodeling but we had a few issues with the meals and housekeeper. The menu did not have what was shown but after talking with the management they fixed it. The staff have good response and are all very friendly. I would live there myself!

Everything Working out Well

My father is very happy at Carriage Inn and has settled in nicely. He especially enjoys the frequent road trips provided by the facility. I understand there was a change in in ownership but it seems that most of the staff has remained the same. There is a remodel in progress which was pre-planned to avoid bothering the residents any more than necessary. The staff that is very kind, and helpful. Dad is also very pleased with the quality and variety of the meals served in the dining room. They do a good job keeping everything clean, and well-kept. It is a community I would recommend.

Alarm button lousy

My mother was left on the floor of the bathroom after a fall in the night. Their call system must have been broken. She even broke a finger nail from pressing the call button so many times. She was not found until her home health assistant came to help her dress at 7:00 am the next morning. They could never produce a log for us to see when calls had come in during that night. I wonder if they really have one.
Then we had to wait the standard 60 days to move out.

The food was pretty good most of the time.

Nice place, but evident that routine maintenance is needed. Also, seems like an older facility that needs a major update.

Loved the retirement part but too much freedom for dad. Assisted living and memory care are secure. No openings. No prices available

Friendly Staff!!

The staff made sure they gave my loved one and I a warm welcome upon arrival and gave us a very detailed tour of there community. The only complaint my parents had was how far the walk was from there apartment building to the dinning room. It was just not reasonable to do three times a day.

The apartments are all in one building!!

This is a gated community that offers independent and assisted living. I felt they leaned more towards assisted living. They were more expensive then the community we chose. The person that conducted our tour was nice and the community looked clean.

Nice Staff!!

Carriage Inn at Katy was one of the communities that the family took a tour of. The guide was smart and gave us all the proper information in relation to the community. Activities are offered on site and off site. Meal plans are also available for the residents. It's a pet friendly community with transportation available if needed for the residents. It was a very clean place and well organized.

Very nice full service location, really like the limo service, activities. Big place, some times too big would. Like to see after they renovate halls. Really good move in incentives.

some maintenance issues

Carriage Inn at Katy is going well overall. They have a lot of varied activities. My only concern is we have had some maintenance issues. Its not major things but has taken forever to get done. I have e-mailed a list of things that need to be done several times. That is really my only complaint. Other than that my mom has been really happy there. Both the staff and the residents are really friendly. Mom is really picky but likes the food there. They seem to have several options.

Accommodations are ok, staff needs to be more friendly.

I placed two relatives here recently. One in the memory care unit and one in independent living apartments. The apartment in the independent building had new carpet and toilet bowl seat and refrigerator. It has ample closet space. The apartment is cozy. You can tell it is an older buildings g, but the hallways are kept clean, they are just narrow and dark. This building could use an update in decorating. The dining area is clean and bright. They have a common room where the activities are held. But the activities are mostly card games and movie night with old movies. My concern is with the staff. Communication between the leasing agent and family is horrible. She is never at work or returns calls. The staff, especially the chauffeur is not friendly in the main building. I expect more hospitality towards the senior citizens and more of an outgoing personality than I have witnessed. I am never even greeted when I enter the common area by the receptionist. The chauffeur is a miserable old man, who also works the front desk reception area. I find the dining room staff to be friendlier. The memory care unit is new, and I think they are still working the bugs out with the staff. Communication is poor between staff and family. Food in both locations is nothing great and portions are very small. There are many residences in the area similar to this one, this one met our budget.

This was the first place that I visited in my search for a place for my mom. I was impressed with the quality of the surroundings and the size of the rooms. Most importantly, I was impressed with the friendliness of the seniors living there and that they all seemed to be very happy in their surroundings. I could easily see my mom living there.

New Residents at The Carriage Inn of Katy

My in-laws moved into The Carriage Inn about 2 weeks ago. They left their single-family home of 32 years to move into a one-bedroom apartment at The Carriage Inn. They are still in the adjustment period but find the place classy, clean and bright. For the most part, they find the meals delicious with few exceptions. They find everyone there both staff and residents to be very friendly and inclusive. They are easing into some of the activities offered at The Carriage Inn. Fridays are the best! After lunch there is an ice cream social followed by Happy Hour and live entertainment.

Am happy here. People are friendly an...

Am happy here. People are friendly and staff are very helpful. Glad I came.

In-laws moved into the Carr...

In-laws moved into the Carriage Inn of Katy on Tuesday, March 4th. We are now in the adjustment period. All things are OK.

It is wonderful!

I love that place, if I ever get to that stage, I hope I can afford to be there! It is wonderful! It's turned out to be a perfect place for my dad. It has been just a Godsend for him. It's independent but you feel like your a little bit covered. They have chauffuer that will take you to the store and doctors appointments. I eat there with him all the time and it's pretty good. He absolutely loves it! It's beautiful, it's been the perfect place. They have the friendliest staff, when my dad was trying to sell his car, I got a call from the night front desk person, and she let me know that he was outside with a family she didn't recognize selling his car, and she wanted to make sure he was ok. They are really paying attention. They are also very big on privacy.

I took both of them here be...

I took both of them here before, they did not like the set up, the rooms are too far from the dining and my father cannot walk very far.

Good Value and Lots of Outings

We were leaning towards them but when we were looking they didn't have immediate openings so we didn't choose them. We liked that they had transportation to church and the value was good. They had more outings and things and it was more affordable than others and it had assisted living.

1200sf cottage with 1 car garage and ...

1200sf cottage with 1 car garage and covered car port. Wrap around porch. No pool. Water classes for residents and fishing pier at nearby park. Three meals a day included and snacks as dining room is open all day. Limo to chaufer residents to shopping and doctor appointments included. Many activities and classes at the campus and many trips and outings for free or low cost to residents off campus. In-house moveie theater. The furthest away from us with the exception of Glennloch Farms.

independent only, no assisted living

independent only, no assisted living

Puppies ok; Golf Cart ok; ~$3500 for ...

Puppies ok; Golf Cart ok; ~$3500 for a Cottage; 4-6 month waiting list.

Awesome facility, but targets indepen...

Awesome facility, but targets independent seniors. No wheelchairs allowed.

We have visited here and met with dir...

We have visited here and met with director.

Embark on the best years of your life at Carriage Inn. Enjoy active senior living at its finest and discover our LOVE, FUN and WOW! Our convenient location in Katy is within easy reach of Brookshire, Rosenburg, Sugarland and the I-10 corridor.

Imagine a cruise ship on land, where you can live worry free and experience an exciting lifestyle including a great social calendar, 3 delicious meals a day with a variety of desserts, housekeeping, limousine service, maintenance, and 24 hour staffing. Excellence is our standard and we strive to WOW our residents, each and every day. We offer you the peace of mind knowing you would be enjoying this wonderful lifestyle within a safe, beautiful and most importantly, fun environment.

You've got a lot of living to do; why not live your life the way YOU want in a community designed just for you? From exceptional, continuous dining, to social events galore, Carriage Inn can provide you with all you need to live a great life. Our residents are truly the captains of their "Cruise Ship on Land!"