Summit Place of North Myrtle Beach - North Myrtle Beach, SC

The best facility of it's kind in the area.

I have visited Summit Place several l times with the Calabash Elks Veterans Affairs Committee. We bring donuts, cookies, juices, etc. and enjoy visiting with the residents. I have never seen a cleaner and more happy place than this one. The staff is great and very attentive to the residents, The folks all seem to be happy being there. When it's my time, that's where I want to go. It's almost like being home.

Run Forest Run

Summit place came highly recommended After just a few days of having our family member placed there they were very quick to judge and wanted to place Her in a different wing and charge extra money. They do not check on them and keep them dry they do not offer them something to drink they are dehydrated. They pick and choose their favorites And those people get special Care the rest get pushed to the wayside. They are taken to the dining room 45 minutes before they're actually serve their food and they just sit there. I watch the woman in the dining room in the afternoon walk around and ask everybody what they wanted for lunch and dinner the next day and never ask my family member the food here is subpar the Care is subpar and the majority of the staff is extremely rude. Care and dedication of the staff was so poor We removed our family member after just two weeks.
I would not recommend this place to anyone

Five Star Reviews

Thank you taking the time to write a review about Summit Place of North Myrtle Beach. We're sorry to hear about your experience and welcome the opportunity to discuss this in person. We take matters of this nature very seriously as resident care is our top priority. Please get in touch with us as we would very much like to meet with you to hear details about your experience.

Selected facility after visiting facilities in NJ and SC. Cost, atmosphere and closeness to family home in NC where driving factors. Staff and residents were friendly and will be a welcome up-lifting experience to Mom's current at home arrangement that was isolating and lonely.

Very good

The facility was an excellent one and was very good to my Mom while she was here. She just passed. Thank you

The nurses are wonderful. Meals are pretty good. Overall the place is clean, but I don't think my moms bathroom is cleaned very well. The morning aid is just great with my mom. The evening aid is lazy and I think she needs more training. Pretty much everyone is very friendly!

No Complaints At All

I really do not have anything much to add to what I have just rated. I have been happy with what the entire staff has been doing. I do not have complaints at all about the Summit Place of North Myrtle Beach.

I think the only thing is when my loved one says she needs something, it is not looked at as quickly as she would like. Everybody has been friendly, there are activities, I am impressed with the place.

Wonderful Summit Place!

My mom was lucky enough to reside at Summit Place for several years. The cheerful environment, opportunities for varied activities (even bus tours and outings to local restaurants!) and quality meals made it a perfect choice for her. Our FAVORITE part, though, was the caring and kind staff! Every person we interacted with provided excellent care and treated my mom, and all residents, with dignity. Our family appreciates all they did for my mom. We can never thank them enough.

Summit Place is beautiful, leaving very little to be desired. It is comparatively new, bright and airy. Residents appeared to be happy and well cared for. I can picture myself residing there.

Nice place, overall

We've had a good experience overall with Summit Place of North Myrtle Beach! It is a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. Really my only complaint is that I wish the staff were a little more proactive about my loved one changing clothes. If I don't remind him he will end up wearing the same thing all week.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and share your concern. To better serve you, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Our dedicated staff is committed to providing the utmost care and services to all residents. Your feedback helps us identify areas of opportunity for us to focus on as we strive to uphold and improve the quality of standards that each resident deserves. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to serve you and your loved one.

Very nice place!

I am very pleased with how things have gone at Summit Place of North Myrtle Beach. They have a really excellent rapport with their clients, and the whole place just has a very friendly atmosphere. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here. I would highly recommend them!

Very nice but just a little too big.

This is one of the places I looked at when I was touring. They were all pretty comparable that I saw. They were all very nice and clean. The staff was friendly. This place was just a little too big though. There were too many corridors, and I felt like I might get lost, let alone someone who might be a little confused.

I was satisfied with the Summit Place...

I was satisfied with the Summit Place. My father was there for a short period but while he was there, I had a good experience. I was satisfied with the care they provided, friendliness of staff, and cleanliness of the facility. Overall my experience was good.

They’ve been wonderful.

They’ve been wonderful. It’s a very caring place. The staff is very great and very, very helpful. My mom loves it there. She loves the foot which is restaurant quality food. Parking is fine, never had any problem with that. There are several outside areas for residents to enjoy.

Mom (age 91) lived here Jan-Oct. 2012

Don't let them kid you - they do very little for your loved one and are understaffed. Very few activities, food is fair. Some of the staff is wonderful & caring, but some are downright mean. Management does nothing when brought to their attention. My Mom would have been better served in a nursing home.
We chose this facility because it impressed us on the tour, was close to our home, doctors and hospitals, reached out to dementia patients and had an Alzheimer's wing, but Mom was not delighted after the 1st month (Jan.2012).
She moved here from independent living when she needed a bit of assistance bathing, she got around very well & sometimes needed a walker, was a good conversationalist and had the beginning stages of dementia. 30 days later she was in real trouble. Summit was quarantined due to a norovirus outbreak. The place was not staffed to handle it, and she subsequently became dehydrated, had a stroke, leaving her with expressive aphasia and now required using her walker to walk. They assured us they could still care for her. It was hard to communicate with her, but she seemed to indicate they were not caring for her properly. 9/15/12 she fell in their hallway after a staff member gave her a "high-five" and she fractured both shoulders and a knee which left her bed ridden, but they insisted they could still care for her. A week later it was clear they could not, so we hired in private help in the day-time. They lied just to get our money and it took us a month to place her in a nursing home.

was very nice!! rooms were nice, clea...

was very nice!! rooms were nice, clean, staff was very professional, two choices at all meals, dining room set nicely, got of residents out and about, good activity board for outings, nurse on staff, physcial theg on staff, meds controlled. Private dining room for family get togethers. Wide hallways, lots of outside setting areas.

This is her 2nd choice. She liked a ...

This is her 2nd choice. She liked a lot about this residence.