Sugar Valley Estates - Loveland, CO

Very nice place, warm and friendly. Looks very well run and people are friendly as is Staff. I rated this four stars because no patio homes or "cottages". If a parent is alone and needs a safe environment, this location is excellent. Our problem is that the residents seem very old. I'm 74 and my wife is 76, but we are not ready for this type of situation. I still run EMS calls for our fire department, am treasurer of the [location removed] special tax commission and [location removed] (a community music act provider), and play golf. My wife is active in the church and golfs three times a week. It may well come to us needing this type of environment, but not now. [name removed]

The staff is good and has a ton of patience

My in-laws are here and everything seems to be going well so far. They’ve been very helpful. My Father-in-law is sort of a hard person to get along with sometimes and they’ve got a ton of patience with him. They’re helpful and answer questions when he has them. When they first got there, they liked the food, but now they’re sort of getting tired of it but I think it’s because there’s not so much of a variety. There are a few things that the facility provides for activities like bingo and dance nights. The facility is kept clean and housekeeping changes the linens once a week. I would recommend them.

Mom Loves it here

We got really good vibes when we came here. The staff here are attentive, happy and caring. They have doctor's that come to this facility which is convenient. They keep everything clean and tidy. Mom has a patio which she loves to grow tomatoes so its perfect for her. The activities are so much fun like Oktoberfest, Happy Hour and just had a costume party with all the families it was a blast. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Overall friendly atmosphere

My mom chose Sugar Valley because it was the best available. It’s close to where we live, it has the most amenities available, and it’s a great value. The staff is easy to communicate with and there’s an overall friendly atmosphere. There are no needs that go unmet, everything is taken care of and clean, it’s totally independent living, and everything there is perfect. The housekeeping comes in twice a week to change linens and vacuum, you’re in charge of doing your own laundry, and there’s a facilities guy that will take care of anything wrong in your apartment. He’s very johnny-on-the-spot and there very quickly. Activities wise, they have anything and everything you want. There are scheduled activities as well as dances, parties, and transportation is provided with a driver and you don’t have to worry about a mile limit. The other residents are very friendly and welcoming. For what you pay, this place is a good value and I would recommend it to others looking for independent living.

Met nice people and the facility is in a very nice area.
Nice apartments but I wish they had a bigger kitchen.

A great place

I have been very happy living at this community. The staff are friendly and helpful. They offer a variety of daily social activities. The food is good and they have a variety of options. They keep the common areas clean and the grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

The Community Experience

My mom is doing well as a resident of Sugar Valley Estates.

The Best For Him

My brother loves it over there at Sugar Valley Estates. They are a really good place and I would recommend them to family and friends. When touring our options we picked them because they are the nicest one we could find for the price they had. The community is nice and clean. His room is large with his own bathroom.

Wow! What a Great Choice.

My father was in need of a senior living community. My wife and I toured 6 different communities in the Northern Colorado. After touring with every community, we narrowed it down to 2 options, Sugar Valley, and Rigden Farms. Both were inside my father's price range, and had the services we were looking for (meals included/24 hour support). [Removed] (Sales Leader at Sugar Valley) was our deciding factor, His true empathy, and concern for helping my father, told us that Sugar Valley was the best choice. We are more than happy with the choice we made.

In the brief 2 months my dad has lived at Sugar Valley, his health, and attitude has improved dramatically. His appetite, and health has increased dramatically. He attributes this to the meals, and service of Sugar Valley. We could not be happier. We highly recommend Sugar Valley to anyone in need.

Looking forward to moving in

Dad hasn't moved in yet however he is very excited too. Every day he goes there to have lunch and he is getting to know the residents there which are good so he will feel more at home once he moves in. He is so pleased with the community and the food he has taken every one of the family members there and so far everyone has been happily surprised that they love it.
The staff is very friendly and the place is extremely clean.
The living space is a decent size so that dad can bring some of his furniture with him to make it his own.
What made me feel at ease was the residents themselves seem happy so I know I made the right choice for my dad

Mom is happy!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far she is happy. The staff seem to be doing a good job and making sure she is getting adjusted okay into her new living environment. The apartment she had moved into is a little smaller than what she was used to but is perfect for her. Everything was clean and nicely presented upon move in. Overall we are happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Very nice!

The Sugar Valley Estates are very nice! The director in particular was very nice and welcoming. Though this facility was not the best fit for my loved one's specific needs, it was very nice!

Impressive community!

Overall the place has impressed me. I'm very happy that they offer life alert necklaces to residents. They have been very helpful and at first my father was resistant but he seems to be adjusting.

I took a tour!

I had a good tour of Sugar Valley Estates. The tour guide provided us with good information and answered our questions. The facility was clean and organized, it was just not the best for my mother.

Doing great!

My mother is doing very well since her move to the Sugar Valley Estates. She is meeting new people and making friends. She has not joined any activities but they are available to her. I have no complaints.

Very nice place with lots of activties!

Very nice place and the managers are very nice, no regrets. They have a lot of activities, they have so many I have no time to rest. They have many activities in the evening. The food is alright, they have many choices, the chef is wonderful. The clean very well.

Couldn't ask for better!

The Sugar Valley Estates has proven to be everything we could have asked for. My mother is very happy and adjusted very well the place. The community is kept very clean, they also have housekeeping to help my mother keep up her apartment. Everything is working out great so far and we are happy with this place!

If you can afford it this is the place to be,this is like living in a 5 Star Hotel. Everyone we met were so happy and friendly. Beautiful grounds and the apartments were all very very nice.

Food is not the best!

The staff are very easy to work with and are friendly. They offer an assortment of indoor activities like board baseball, exercise, and many more. They have a shuttle bus that goes out Monday through Thursday for shopping and doctors appointments and they offer special transportation as needed. My room has plenty of room and a beautiful patio. They offer a wide variety of food but it needs some work. It is all very bland and lacks seasoning. The community is a bit pricey and some residents are moving out.

Wonderful

I am think my community is wonderful! I love it and it is excellent. It is as good as it can be. I am having a few issues with my food allergies and now I have to prepare my own meals. I am happy with the place but I need to find a home that does not include meals with my rent because I prepare my own food.

Everyone is so friendly and has really made my father-in- law feel right at home!

I love it, I love it, I love it

I love it, I love it, I love it! The staff at Sugar Valley Estates is very accommodating. The room is terrific, the food, the people, wow! It gets five star ratings all across the board. I have no complaints.

Fantastic staff and beautiful facility!

Putting my parents into senior living was the most agonizing and concerning decision and process I have ever experienced. I toured multiple facilities and the moment I walked into Sugar Valley Estates and met with "John" I knew I had found the new "home" away from "home" for my parents. When I returned with my father and we spent additional time touring the beautiful, clean and bright facility, meeting the staff and enjoying the complimentary lunch, the peace of mind and comfort of knowing this would be "the one" was surmountable. My parents have been living there for almost 7 weeks and have adjusted well, have been cared for and nurtured and are complimentary of all the staff. The on-site options for transportation, medical and non-medical assistance has provided such peace of mind and help for us to meet the continuous and changing needs my parents experience. It's comforting knowing we have such a positive and collaborative relationship with Sugar Valley Estates in the shared caregiving for my elderly parents. Thank you all and especially you John for being the instrumental force in making everything come together, you're an angel to us!

mother is very happy!

I have no complaints about Sugar Valley Estates. Everything they have done they have done exceptionally well. Their staff is wonderful and very friendly, from housekeeping to the kitchen to the office, everybody is very helpful and very accommodating. The food has been great and the chef is wonderful, and meets with the residents regularly to get input and feedback and make sure their dietary needs and requests are being met. Everybody that lives there is very friendly and positive. My mother, the one who lives there, is very happy!

profit before people should be there motto.

Some Issues

The staff was friendly and it was clean. Food is a four plus. The management was a one. They could have had any of their stuff together to be better. They changed management like you’d wash your hands and no one knew what the other one was doing so there were a lot of broken promises. They lock the doors at 8 o’clock which is too much for some of the residents to understand and this can be very dangerous. They should have some security that goes around and checks – so people don’t get locked out in the snow.

They are definitely the highest value...

They are definitely the highest value for those who do not need assisted living. It's probably because they don't have a medical overhead. There's definitely some negotiating you can do with the price and they'll work with you. So far, the feedback I've been getting from my loved one is great! She likes the food! I've had lunch there, and it wasn't spectacular, but there is definitely a good variety of options. There's also a lot of stuff to do there. Overall, the price was the best in the area, and it's been a positive experience so far!

Bad place!!!

Don’t bother with this place… are so dishonest. They don’t care about the people just the money! They have a broken washing machine and won’t even fix it, and have been this way for over a month now. They also have a broken toaster; same thing…won’t fix it. The management is friendly before you move in, after that they treat everyone like crap!!! Fort Collins has many other great senior living places, so I would NOT recommend Sugar Valley Estates.

Problems With The Mangement

My mother lives there. She is very unhappy there but she is unhappy everywhere. She complains a lot of about the staff and the cleanliness and especially the food. She says it inedible. I don't see what she is seeing so it's kind of hard for me to say. The people at Sugar Valley Estates were very friendly when they showed us around too but then things changed after we moved my mother in. My brother personally, has not had good experiences there. We've had a problem with the rent. They took out too much and don't seem to want to correct it. We've had problems with the management, basically.

2Bedrooms apartments are 10...

2Bedrooms apartments are 1056sf good sized but only have kitchenettes.

Nestled against the foothills of the Rockies on lovely grounds in Loveland, “America’s Sweetheart City,” you’ll love everything about your friendly, elegant new home. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and dozens of wonderful attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind