Parkwood Estates - Fort Collins, CO

This is my 3rd visit to Parkwood. I really love it here. I hope my folks make the decision to move to this area and live at Parkwood.

Good but not for us.

Parkwood is well located in Fort Collins: near the hospital and many medical providers and shopping opportunities, Our tour was interesting, giving us a good idea of opportunities for activities, and we met many friendly residents who seemed very happy there. The dining area was attractive, beverage and fruit stations inviting, the craft room bright and airy, and the various gathering areas, thought small for a 100 apartment building, were clean and well set up. The apartments we saw seemed small and lacked adequate closet space. No two bedroom model was available for viewing,so we have no idea if we would find a suitable space for us.

Our biggest disappointment was our tour guide. She was new, and hadn't quite got a grasp on the information that would help us decide whether this would be a place to consider: She had no price list to offer us, but simply wrote what she could remember on the floor plans she found in her files. She wasn't sure whether there was a pet fee, and could give us no price for the two bedroom apartment; We also discovered that the plan for the two bedroom apartment had no entry to one of the bedrooms(!) We had assumed, it being an 11 AM appointment, that we would be having lunch that day (the 15th), but she extended no invitation. And finally, much to our disappointment, even as my husband explained he was very hard of hearing, she focused her comments to me, and I'm sure without thinking, continually turned her back on us while talking about features of the room we were in.

Great Staff

The staff is taking care of my friend very well here. He seems to be content and comfortable. He enjoys interacting with the residents. The place is always clean and well maintained. The staff is so nice and caring very professional.

Mother loves it!

Things have been going very well since my mother moved into Parkwood Estates. She really likes the meals, the food is very good there. The staff has been very good to her. They offer a variety of activities that I am hoping she will partake in soon. It has been a good experience so far.

Ironed Out the Issues

We had some issues in the beginning but that has been resolved. They have made some changes. No longer having a 24 hours staff on the facility. The changes were not notified in a professional way.

Food needs improvement!!

The food needs a lot of improvement, there is little to no taste to the meals and the proportions are way to small for the residents. My loved one is very comfortable in her apartment, it is spacious with a beautiful view of the outside scenery.

Too cramped!

The community was very well kept indoors and outdoors. The staff were friendly and were able to answer all of my questions.The community, however, was very dark and gloomy. The living space was very cramped and small. My furniture would not fit in the rooms. I met a resident during the tour and they said that the community was a good place.

Comfort for grandmother!!

Parkwood Estates has been providing wonderful care for my grandmother. If she does not go to eat they get concerned and make sure everything is okay with her. The meals are good they have good taste. The community is kept clean and safe. The staff has been great with my grandma and keeping us informed of everything that happens.

Parkwood is great!

My Grandmother is a current resident of Parkwood Estates and so far we are very happy with the place. Unfortunately she is sick right now and in rehab recovering. The staff at Parkwood are all very nice and welcoming and really make an effort to make sure she is comfortable in her new home. So far we are pleased!

Great community!

Parkwood Estates is a great community. The staff is great, the people I've met there have been nice an dhappy. The residents are happy, which shows that it's a great place to be. My mother took a little while to adjust to the move but now she is doing pretty good. So far, so good. There are plenty of activities. The only bad thing is they seem to go through chefs pretty often, the chefs don't stay very long. So the food is always changing. My mother has said the food has no flavor.

Not A Good Experience

The food is not good at all, they cut a lot of corners with it. The current managers are not very friendly and are kind of patronizing of my mother. The former managers were awesome, but the current ones are making it miserable.

Holiday Retirement

Hi - I'm Katie from Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is having a negative experience at Parkwood Estates and even more sorry to hear that the her dissatisfaction is largely stemming from the management team. No resident should EVER feel as if they are being patronized or their concerns are not being taken seriously. I've sent your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review. Please know that you're welcome to call them as well if you have anything else to add or if you'd like to follow up on the status of your complaint. Their number is [removed].

This facility has every my husband will need. The staff is outstanding.

Parkwood Estates, Positive review

Parkwood Estates is very well located. the distance to medical facilities, shopping as well as religious places is well within reason.
The bus service is helpful.
The staff, be it admin, house cleaning, meal service are always bright, cheerful, friendly and helpful to residences and visitors alike.
There are many activities available to the residence which suit their abilities and interests. The staff, admin staff that is, encourages the residents to engage in the various social and physical activities that are available.
Value, is definitely there. If I or my parents were not pleased, I would not have let them stay.

My loved one has only been at Park Wo...

My loved one has only been at Park Wood Estates for a short month, and in that month, everything has been great. The facility is very clean. The staff is so nice, caring, and accommodating. I would definitely recommend Park Wood Estates to others. It's just a pleasant place to be.

It's a friendly atmosphere!

One area that is a concern is that they allow smoking in the rooms. Becky and Gordon are amazing. Lori and Dean --- Lori is good but Dean is not good at all. He has been very sarcastic with my mom. I almost had to take her to the emergency room because of her wheezing. And he is supposed get a filter for my moms room but he acts like he doesn't believe that the smoke is really bothering her. She has take a very long way around the halls in order to avoid heavy smokers where she walks by and smoke is nearby. She has a 90 day commitment and if the filter doesn't come in and/or if it doesn't help, we will be moving her out of there. Dean doesn't seem to be in a hurry and won't give me a date as to when the filter will be in so I even thinking about buying one myself but i shouldn't have to do that. There are people walking around with oxygen tanks. However, I would give Becky and Gordon a 5 plus rating. Gordon is going to place a cover on the bottom of my moms door where there is gap to help avoid some of the smoke getting in.

Ambassador that helps integrate

Parkwood Estates is a very nice community that is really more aesthetically comfortable then other communities we looked at. They seem to have some really neat ideas. They talked to us about an ambassador that helps integrate new residents into the community. They go around with them to eat and really kind of just show them the community and the residents. The price is comparable to other communities right around $2,000 for 1bedroom, 1bathroom apartments.

Hidden away within six acres of beautiful landscape, Parkwood Estates offers you a charming, small-town feel with all the amenities of a big city. Residents enjoy strolling around our property with friends and family, and taking advantage of all the sites and attractions of our local community. Fort Collins features shopping, excellent healthcare, wonderful restaurants and exciting nightlife, all accessible by the town’s trolley system.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind