Sugar Creek & Arbors at Sugar Creek - Troy, MO

They Appeared The Best

After touring this community and comparing it to another place. I thought this was the best choice for my uncle. As a new resident he is doing fine so far. I like the care he gets from the staff. They offer activities for all the residents, but he prefers to keep to himself. I have eaten with my uncle and we both think the meals are good tasting and fine for us.

Not Impressed with This Community

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The memory care portion of the community I was shown was chaos. Everything felt disorganized. When I asked for the activities calendar, they said one has been made yet. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother. It would not had felt comfortable with her living here.

I could not have asked for better care!

The community at Sugar Creek & Arbors at Sugar Creek is a fabulous place. It is very well kept and updated throughout. The staff were amazingly helpful and caring for my loved ones needs. The community was marvelous to our family and we are very pleased with them. I highly recommend Sugar Creek!

It Was A Lovely Visit

I liked the tour I got. I was able to see everything they offered. The community looks very nice and it appear they keep it clean. My guide was on time for the meeting and they was knowledgeable about the place.

Mom has been at Sugar Creek for some time now and doing really great. She recently got her gallbladder removed and still trying to recover but definitely getting the care she needs. They have a hairstylist there and the food is really good. What I like the most is the fact that it's a smaller place and the residents get lots of attention. If there is something served at any meal time that the residents don't like they are able to order whatever they want to eat. Every once in a while they have guests that come to play music during meal time. Sugar Creek is a great place to be!

PLEASE read this review!

My Mom has been at Sugar Creek for almost two months and it has been GREAT! She constantly tells me how friendly the residents and staff are and how happy she is to be there. I am a Certified Senior Advisor and my husband and I have an Elder Law Firm. I am familiar with a number of communities and Sugar Creek is an excellent community!

Jane Sage

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Our team works hard every day to deliver a great customer experience. I am pleased your mom is a part of our Sugar Creek family and is happy at her new home.
Jane Ann Sage/Sales Director

great place, understaffed

Overall Sugar Creek & Arbors is a wonderful place. Very nice staff and clean warm welcoming atmosphere.

The one area where they really could improve would be that they are very short staffed. The staff works very hard, but is very busy and not able to spend the time that they should with the residents as there is so much to be done and not enough of them.

Sugar Creek

Thank you for submitting your review. All in-put helps us do a better job. wWe have recruited a number of new caregivers recently and you should see improvement in the coming weeks – we’re very selective about who we hire so it takes us a bit longer when openings occur.
Mary

It was clean and they were nice, but there were a few issues

This was exactly what we needed and we felt like they were a real blessing. It was clean and they were nice, but there were a few issues, it appeared that they were short staffed. Someone made a comment that people sometimes wouldn't show up for their shift, and one night I heard there was only one girl on for the whole place. The aides got in a fight one time. So there were some issues with the staff. I felt like they were stretched pretty thin. They had a calendar for activities but my loved one would tell me that they would often be cancelled. The food was pretty good, I would say a four. The administrator, seemed pretty unorganized, she was our main concern, she didn't seem real with it. We had to do a lot of playing phone tag. I did feel that my loved one was safe, and well cared for, and we were pretty happy. It was very homey, and didn't smell like a nursing home.

My experience with Sugar Creek has be...

My experience with Sugar Creek has been very satisfying. I'm satisfied with their services. I'm overall satisfied with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and care they provide.

Assisted living can't get much better

I just want to say that putting a family member in an assisted living facility is not an easy decision. Sugar Creek is a very nice facility. The staff members are very nice & are always there to help mom out. It's small so all of the residents know each other. They are working on doing more activities & doing more outings & I think that will benefit the residents that like to still get out & about. I would recommend this facility to any one that is looking.

Sugar Creek

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are always striving to do better. Thanks again.

Offers memory care services

The determining factor for choosing Sugar Creek & Arbors was the cost. I really like that Sugar Creek has an intimate setting with only 10-15 residents. I looked at every facility in St. Charles County, I would guess it was about 10. Sugar Creek & Arbors is newer than other places mom has lived at, so they still feel like they are figuring things out here. I noticed that Sugar Creek has a lot of turnover, more so than other places. The Director of Assisted Living was let go so the Director of Memory Care now runs both buildings. The admissions process here seemed long, the Director was new and seemed to be learning as she went. My basic care services questions could not be answered by the staff. They would follow up but I feel like it's a learning curve; Sugar Creek is still finding its way. For example when I asked about the cost of hooking up a tv in mom's room it took several days to receive an answer.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here at Sugar Creek.

Sugar Creek is located on Professional Parkway in beautiful Troy, MO. Troy is nestled in the heart of Lincoln County and just 60 minutes away from St. Louis, MO. Troy is a community offering a balance of rural charm and suburban convenience.

We are a community where Hometown Hospitality is the way of life. We pride ourselves in providing excellent care in an intimate setting by well trained caring staff; that allows our residents to thrive. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family – with all of their unique needs and preferences – it’s like home.

Dining is such a focal point of our residents’ day. It starts with an open breakfast – with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can’t start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite are part of our menu.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.