Twin Oaks Estate began as a vision, a vision of the way assisted living care should be. Commited, caring people, in a warm and welcoming environment, where seniors would receive superior assisted living care and opportunities for meaningful social interaction and recreation. Founded in 1981, our goal is to provide an inviting place for residents to enjoy their friends, their families and their independence.

Twin Oaks Estate is dedicated to serving its residents as a whole person, physically, spiritually and mentally. Its success is a team effort by our 75 employees and their contribution from their excellent nursing care, a full dietary staff, daily housekeeping and maintenance departments, along with a top-notch activity program.

Twin Oaks Estate is proud of every effort we’ve made to run the best facility available, as our staff and facility have won numerous awards for our high quality of service and care. Though we’re recognized throughout the area and industry, we strive to maintain high standards and improve our services for you. In fact, the Surburban Journals just awarded Twin Oaks Estate as one of the best facilities in St. Charles County.

Our Nursing Staff is dedicated to providing you with the best care along with courteous, understanding and friendly attention to allow you to enjoy a high quality of life. We are committed to helping maintain your health and dignity and ensure that your time with us is as rewarding and active as possible. Let our nurses ease your worries. We can keep track of your medications, making sure you take the correct dosages at the right times. Mindful of your needs, the staff of Twin Oaks is here for you every day.

Great place with family environment

I have had a family member living there on and off there for over 20 years. I can not say enough about the friendliness of the staff. My mother-in-law enjoyed the fall festival while dancing with one of the staff members. It was the highlight of her day and everyone enjoyed watching the two of them dance. The medical staff is top notch. The nurses ensure that she is examined by the MD and medicines are taken on time. The housekeeping staff ensures that the facility and her room is in top notch. At this point my parents have discussed living there when they are ready for that type of setting. So I will continue to have family live there for awhile. Keep up the great Job Twin Oaks

Mom's Care

I like this community for the care for my mom. The community is clean and a nice environment. They had activities that she does participate. The menu is appealing and she seems to like the choices. The staff are very caring and make the residents enjoy the environment. We would recommend this community for the care and value that is offered.

Happy Residents

When I toured this location I was not impressed by the layout of the buildings. I feel the overall appearance is outdated but after talking to the residents there they seemed very happy and most say they loved it there.
We did not have a meal there so I can't say how the food is, however, the location for my family was not ideal. It was a little more travel time than we would have liked for my mom's family to see her. One of the most important things for my mom is to see her grandchildren and her children she says they are the best medicine she can get. So travel time was an issue.

Toured on Friday 6/16 at 11:30, smaller older facility, SUPER clean, probably more easily navigated for someone who is having memory issues. Was very impressed with the friendly staff. We will be returning for a visit with my Mom to view it next week. Representative[Removed] very knowledgeable and friendly.

The Pressure is Off

The admissions process could not have been easier. They worked closely with my family and me to assure not only my Mother but the rest of us that she would be well taken care of. Additionally, they assisted me with gaining additional financial benefits available to her, of which I was unaware, that will greatly reduce our costs going forward.

Many thanks to both A Place for Mom and Twin Oaks

Pleasant Staff

This is a pretty nice community. Our tour of it went well. The community looked nice. From what we saw everything was neat, and tidy. The staff was pleasant, and friendly. It was a lovely experience.

Great Place Full Of Life

My mother was here for 5 months until she fell and broke her hip. (She will be returning when well.)

Twin Oaks is so full of Life! There is so much energy from the staff and all so friendly. They really care about the residents and there needs.

You feel like your in a Ski Resort it is so tastefully decorated.

My favorite things are the outings and all the activities they provide for the residents. That is what I was looking for my mother to be interactive with others and enjoy herself.
The food is actually really good there too.

All the the staff are just as friendly as can be and the cleanliness is superb.

I would highly recommend Twin Oaks for your loved one as they do care about every person there.

They do everything possible to accomodate the residents and very helpful to the family also. They will go out of their way to help you.

Of course when first going there they don't like it, its quite a transition, but after a few weeks they will love it.

I would highly recommend Twin Oaks if you are looking for a place that really cares!

Not a Good Fit for My Mother

I toured this community for mother and her needs. It was an okay tour. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother too. I just didn't feel this would be a fit for her and her needs. My questions weren't really answered, and I noticed they weren't very responsive. It wasn't the one for us.

Disappointed

I thought it was a great idea, but when I first signed up I told the person that I already was familiar and had talked to Twin Oaks prior to signing up. My friend went their for 4 days and wanted to return home. I was upset that you billed Twin Oaks $3000.00, that was not right. I feel it was unethical to charge them.

My other complaint is that I kept getting numerous phone calls from assisted living over and over again, feel that was a turn off for ever using this service again.

I will be checking back with Roe Ann to see if you still charged them. My rating above is for your service, not Twin Oaks

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I just didn't feel like Twin Oaks would have been a good fit for us. The staff we met on the tour seemed nice, but the facility itself was old and in need of some updates and renovations. It did have a calm, quiet atmosphere, and might be worth a look for someone looking for that setting.

Mary Beth

Thank you so much for considering Twin Oaks Estate. If we can be of any help please feel free to contact us again. We hope you find the new home for your loved one that best suits their needs. - Tim Blattel, CEO Twin Oaks Senior Living

Everyone has been extremely friendly, helpful, and I know they have made the transition for my Mom very easy. She feels at home and cared for all the time. She attends outings and parties in things she never would have done without the people at Twin Oaks. She has even gone to Walmart with a group. She's made friends. She's played bingo and really enjoys herself. It's made the transition easier for my family also because I feel she is safe and well cared for.

Mary Beth

Thank you so much for sharing your mother's experience. I'm glad your mom is making friends and taking advantage of all of the activities we offer throughout the week. If there's a particular activity she would enjoy that we aren't currently offering, feel free to chat with me or Tracey Sutton, the activity director at Twin Oaks Estate.
-Tim Blattel, CEO, Twin Oaks Senior Living

So glad we were told about Twin Oaks!

All the staff has been very friendly to my Mother-in-law. They take excellent care of her. They address any problems we may have and correct them as quickly as possible. This assisted living home is a great value.

Mary Beth

Thank you for your kind words, Susan. It is the goal of the Twin Oaks staff to treat every resident with care and respect so that they can live safely and comfortably. I'm happy to hear that the staff are providing that environment for your mother-in-law.
- Tim Blattel, CEO of Twin Oaks Senior Living

My siblings and I toured Twin Oaks as a potential living environment for our mother who is 89 years old. The Director of Admissions was very friendly and helpful but the Director of Nursing seems overwhelmed with her duties and did not return my calls.

Following our first visit, the Director of Nursing said she would research state requirements and let me know if my mother was a candidate for Twin Oaks. She took my number but did not call me. I called her and she had no information. I inquired about the open room only to be told I must speak to the Director of Admissions. I called and left her a message indicating our interest. She did return my call and had contacted the state. She did see an issue but the Director of Nursing would need to agree. We set a time for an "assessment." I took my mother who met with both the Director of Nursing and the Director of Admissions. My mother was fully cooperative of all questions and requests. I was with her the entire time so able to assure we could meet any request from Twin Oaks. Once again, the Director of Nursing who conducted most of the assessment, took my number, confirmed it and would call me the next morning. That was two weeks ago and she has yet to call.

I gave up calling them. It is unfortunate that a place with a good reputation is so disrespectful of elderly people and their families. I believe that since my mother took the time to be fully cooperative, she deserved at least a follow up to say we can care for you or not. Instead, we got nothing.

My mother has full cognition and is able to readily answer all questions. She has been ill and is weak but able to walk with a walker. It is hard to understand the total lack of caring by people who are so nice to your face.

I must say I cannot fathom why Twin Oaks has won awards. They could care less.

Mary Beth

I can assure you that what you experienced is not typical of the process we have in place at Twin Oaks. I'd like to speak with you directly so I can better address this situation. Please contact me at [removed].
- Tim Blattel, CEO Twin Oaks

Not bad but not for us.

I visited here when looking for options. It wasn't the right fit for us. It was nice, and clean. The staff were all friendly. It wasn't a bad place, it just wasn't what we were looking for.

Mary Beth

Hello. Thank you for reviewing Twin Oaks Estate. I invite you to tour our other campuses: Twin Oaks at Heritage Pointe and Twin Oaks at Stone Ridge. I wish you all the best in finding a new home for your loved one.
- Tim Blattel, CEO Twin Oaks

Assisted Living

It's assisted living so it was just very different. The people there needed a lot more help that my father does. It was more of a nursing home type deal. It just wasn't the right place for us at the time.

Very Helpful, Good Food

I would rate everything a 5! Everytime I ask them to do something they do it right away. They don't waste time and they're very friendly. Right now, I'd say just keep doing what they're doing.

I've had their food several times and it's been good every time. I was there on Saturday and had dinner with my aunt. After they had happy hour and there was a guy who sang and snacks. Even though I wasn't a resident I could participate.

My aunt's been there for a month and even before that they've been very helpful and made it easy for me. I can't complain!

Staff involve residents in activities

We really liked it here. Twin Oaks Estate had a lot of activities and they tried to involve all the residents to make them feel like they were at home. I have recommended them to others for assisted living. Twin Oaks is family owned and have been around for many years . The staff was good about answering all my questions. They do not offer adequate memory care services but their sister facility Twin Oaks Heritage Point does.

Did not except residents with severe ...

Did not except residents with severe dementia.

80 rooms available-only assisted livi...

80 rooms available-only assisted living offered, Satellite senior TV. Weekly shampoo/set included in monthly rent.Salad bar avaiable at lunch with other hot entries.Deep cleaning of apt every 6 weeks.Chapel and on site beauty shop available. Rates are based on location and size of room. Close to everyone-in downtown O'fallon off Main St.Haven't toured this one yet but probably will because of the PRICE!!!

Nice facility, very clean but maybe t...

Nice facility, very clean but maybe too far away. Rooms were small.

Director was very nice and made me fe...

Director was very nice and made me feel relaxed. She has a very good repore with the residents and the staff.