Stroudwater Lodge - Westbrook, ME

Settling in

So far it has been a great fit for my mom at the Stroudwater Lodge. It is a new and beautiful community. It is the first one we toured and it had everything we needed. It is very convenient for my mom to get to her nearby Dr. appointments. Most of the time the communication is pretty good with staff members when I have questions or concerns regarding my mom's care needs. The staff takes good care of her and her care needs. The food is well-balanced but mom has special dietary needs and they are working with me so that she can get the proper nutrition. At this time mom is not able to participate in activities, but there is a resident nearby that they have become friends due to a shared family member. I would recommend Stroudwater Lodge to friends and family.

A most pleasant and accommodating CCRC

Stroudwater Lodge is brand new, opened in January.

1. The staff is thoughtful, accommodating, good-humored, just plain terrific.

2. Our fellow independent living folks and those in assisted living are young at heart, pretty well educated, pleasant, and active in the Lodge. Ninety-five apts, doubles and singles, very well appointed and equipped, clean and welcoming.

3. Food is exemplary, portions just right, healthy, two choices of entrees, full breakfasts, and very tasty. The chef tried to purvey locally. Kitchen equipped with ceramic two burner stove top, very large microwave, full size fridge, and plenty of counter space and cupboards.

4. Wait staff comprised of young, well-mannered, always cheerful, young women and men. Average age around 21.

5. Fitness center is being well equipped with recumbent bikes, seated elliptical, hand weights, adjustable bench, and various stretch bands. More equipment in the offing.

6. Weekly room cleaning, including laundering bed sheets and towels, changing linens and cleaning kitchen, bathroom and floors.

7. Large outside patio with tables, chairs and sun shade umbrellas. Huge Webber gas grill.

8. Bocce ball pitch, lots of grass suitable for croquet.

9. Safe walking paths.

10. Nestled in a woodsy setting, ample parking, minutes away from Maine tpke in Westbrook, Hannaford super market less than five minutes drive.

11. Small movie theatre. Complementary happy hour twice weekly serving wine and beer.

12. Nurses present throughout the Lodge 24/7.

Very happy here.

Mom approved!

Everything has been going wonderful. The staff is outstanding and mom really likes it. Mom has even gone on a few outings with the community. The facility is very beautiful and we like that it is brand new. It also is always clean.

We like it!

Mom is doing wonderful here and she likes it. Everything is going well and we have no complaints what so ever. I do like that they have a lot to do with the residents to keep them busy and not just sitting around.

A Terrific Community

On my tour I enjoyed seeing the community and I liked it very much too. It is a very nice facility and much nicer than some communities I have seen. However they were a lot more expensive but it was a great tour.