Huntington Common - Kennebunk, ME

Amazing place!

My parents lived at Huntington Common in an apartment for nearly two years, and then my mom passed away. My dad continues to live there on his own. I can't rave enough about the facility and amazing staff. It's a beautiful place and a warm, supportive, caring community with lots of activities that bring people together. When my mom entered hospice care, the wellness staff coordinated seamlessly to make sure she had loving support to the end of her life, and have continued to support my dad's transition to life without her.

This community is nothing short of amazing offering the total package from cottage life to assisted living to memory care. Meals are in the dining room, and you can even have your pet with you. There's no need to worry about those who wander because it's secure. Very clean, friendly, and beautiful. Activities are geared for involvement. Adequate staffing. Gets my vote.

This is the place

My first impression as I walked in the door was very positive. It's the total package from cottage living to assisted apartments to memory care. The ratio of help to residents was 1 to 5. Lots of activities are offered to target involvement. If the choice is mine as to where mom spends her years, this is the place.

A Community With Much More

It is going great for my parents who recently moved into the community. As new residents the staff have been very helpful to my parents making it an easy transition. The care is suitable for what the staff provide. We picked this community because they had more to offer. I would recommend them.

Provide good quality of care!!

My mother has really been enjoying her stay so far at this community. She is very well taken care of by the staff, they are very attentive to her needs and provide great quality of care. The property is always very well maintained and kept nice and clean for all of the residents. I have no complains so far about her stay at this facility.

Nice Clean Community

My mother didn't end up making the move into this community, she didn't want to go. This is a lovely community. My only issue was that I was looking for long term care for my parents, and they didn't not offer that type of care. It was good experience, but this was not the community for us.

A special place

My Aunt was only a resident for nine days but I have to say the staff at Humtington Common treated her like she had been there many years and was a member of her family. She was declining but each day the great people got her up and clean and ready for each day. I cannot tell you how much their caring meant to Millie and all of us who loved her. I wish I had realized such a wonderful place was right around the corner from where she lived at Atria. I will continue to spread the word about Huntington Common!

Happy place for my husband

This community is great with a excellent staff to help with all needs. He is finding that the meals are good. Very clean in all areas. My husband at this time does not want to participate in the activities. Over all this community is a good experience for the value.

Going well

Things are going well at Huntington Common. So far, we do not have any complaints about the staff or the facility there. It was A Place For Mom that told me about the facility and so far we are having a good experience there.

Great job so far

What they have done well is they perform actions without a lot of prompting from me or my family. They also are great about giving me updates about how my Dad is doing and his progress without my having to ask. He has only been there a couple of months, but they are doing a great job so far.

wonderful experience

Huntington Common has been a wonderful experience. The only minor issue I have had is transportation to church has not been provided as advertised. They only have one small bus and it is always full. Getting to church is very important to us. That truly has been the only thing that is negative. The place is outstanding. My mother has never been happier! They even said they are actually looking into getting more transportation. If that happens than this place will be perfect!

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback; we have shared this with the community so they can address the transportation issue. Thanks, Sunrise Team

I was very pleased with Kimberly's presentation. She answered all questions I had and gave me complete information. I will follow up with a tour of a cottage
on 7/29

It was wonderful

The Huntington Common was very nice. It was a wonderful community. I can't rate the activities because my father and I did not partake in them. Overall, we had an excellent experience with the Huntington Common. It is a very nice place.

The staff is really great. Couldn't ask for a more caring staff.

I am very pleased with my wife's care @Huntington common in Kennebunk Maine !

Review of Huntington Common Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Kennebunk, ME

Absolutely stunning

Review of Huntington Common Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Kennebunk, ME

Wonderful experience. Very helpful and hoping to secure this location for grandparents.

Our second visit was at Hun...

Our second visit was at Huntington Commons. We were graciously greeted by the receptionist. Kim Weiner was notified and promptly came down to meet us. We were offered a beverage which we politely declined. The interview was very relaxed and informative. Kim seemed really interested in us and what our needs and desires were. She showed us several apartments with different floor plans, a cottage, which we very much liked. I am still bothered by the fact there is no 'Buy-In'. I am yet to be convinced about renting. We did meet a few staff members who were pleasant and helpful . the residents we met appeared happy and content.

Very Caring

Though we only have 2 months experience here (and will be moving my relative out soon to a location closer to us), we have to say that we have been very impressed with the care that she has been given. From the administrator, to the nurses, to the PT, to the dining room help, to those cleaning the rooms, we have been more than pleased with the personal care and concern we have seen. And we have often seen this care towards us also, the ones making the hard decisions and going down a new path with our elderly. They have listened and sympathized and shared their wisdom with us.

Apartments seemed a decent ...

Apartments seemed a decent fit with enough privacy and space that he might like it. Dining options were good and there were options here too. Care needs seemed good from beginning to end

My aunt loved the place but...

My aunt loved the place but is still holding out for a place closer to Hollis-Buxton area

Wife and I feel that this could be th...

Wife and I feel that this could be the place for us.

Cottages ideal; garage great; grounds...

Cottages ideal; garage great; grounds nice for walking; fees reasonable;

We liked this facility

We liked this facility

Cottages ideal; garage great; grounds...

Cottages ideal; garage great; grounds nice for walking; fees reasonable; The director impressed.

Located in picturesque Kennebunk Maine, Huntington Common offers the most sophisticated independent retirement living in York County. Just three miles from the ocean and around the corner from quaint downtown Kennebunk, Huntington Common provides the perfect blend of community living and privacy. Country living at its best!

Nestled amongst 37-acres of serene pleasure and alongside the Kennebunk River. Our community offers many living options. At Huntington Common, you can enjoy our elegant fine dining, fitness and club room, Café for casual dining, relaxing in our library, escape into nature, enjoy a family picnic, practice your golf on our putting green, or perhaps taking a scenic train ride on the Down-easter into Boston. You can live your dreams at Huntington Common.

At Huntington common there are no entrance feels or purchases which mean you continue to maintain your own investment interest. Our rental program provides the independence and freedom to manage your lifestyle on your own terms, without the worries of day-to-day upkeep. Maintenance free living!