Bay Square at Yarmouth - Yarmouth, ME

[Name removed] passed in May. We liked the facility; however, once she passed it was a long wait getting funds returned. I received word refund/deposit would be one amount and when it was all said and done it was a couple thousand less the the original amount quoted.

Disappointed

Not Quite The Right Choice For Mother

The family thought we had made the right decision in taking mom out of a skilled nursing community but we were mistaken. We had attempted to give her a little more independence that we thought she was in need of however now she has recently taken a fall and we realize skill nursing is where she belongs.
The time she spent here though she really liked. She really enjoyed the staff and the residents and she enjoyed the food. It was just obvious that she just needed that extra care they couldn't prove which wasn't anyone's fault at the community

Mom's Care and Comfort

This is a good community for the care for my mom. The menu is wonderful and I like that she is happy with the meals and the variety. Mom is enjoying the activities which are very helpful for her. We would recommend this nice and clean community for the care for other families.

My experience

The community was clean and the staff I met were friendly and helpful. This community is a little more expensive than what we were looking for. They do charge a fee for each service the resident needs.

We found that though Bay Square was very nice it was just too much like the current living situation. We really need to have more focus on dealling with memory care and we did not like the Harbor area as much as at Avida. Plus the tour guide was not as informed about our situation so the experience was just OK.

Benefiting From Their Cooperation

For the most part the care is good. There were a few bumps in the beginning with my mom moving in but they are working with us, that is a plus for us. The environment and the physical layout is fine and clean. The community has staff that are friendly.

High Quality Community

My brother is still adjusting to this community, but we do feel he is in a high quality community. It is a work in progress due to his condition, but they are taking good care of him, and his needs. A place for mom was great with directing us in the right direction.

Great facility

My Dad has been there since late December. My Mom is not there yet, she is in a rehab facility, but she will be there in a few weeks. They are wonderful there and they take excellent care of him. It is a great facility and the food is great.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your feedback as your opinion is quite important to us. Please let us know if you have any questions or we can be of any help.

One of the best!

I loved this facility and think it is one of the best! I love the aging in place and how the Administration handles things.

Thanks! :-)

Great communication

It is very pretty and homey here. The facility is clean and well maintained. The staff is always courteous and caring. They greet you by name when you come in. They have great communication with the family.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our families. Thanks for your kind words!

wonderful friendly place

We have had a difficult time with my mother because she really does not want to be there, but the people at Bay Square at Yarmouth have really cone out of their way to manage her and make her feel welcome.

The staff is wonderful and very friendly, and the facility itself is very nice and clean, a warm welcoming environment.

The activities overall are great, but I do feel they could do a little more to get the residents out into the community a bit more.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family. ([removed])

Great Communication

The people at Bay Square at Yarmouth have really good communication. They are really good at keeping me informed of what is going on with mom, which I like a lot.

The food there is also very good.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

It'a a great life!

There were several reasons that I chose Bay Square for my Mom. One was it's cleanliness and openness with lots of glass to see into the different common areas. Also, the size of the facility was perfect. Not so many that it was overwhelming to my Mom and she would retreat to her room, but enough for her to be able to choose her friends as she wished. Another reason was the ability of the staffing to be adjusted to the needs of the day. My Mom is evaluated every 30 days and if her needs change dramatically she is evaluated before that and her care plan is adjusted. That way I don't pay for what she doesn't need or she can receive increased care during a situational decline. The food is great and the staff are very caring. One day I had planned to take my Mom to a medical appointment in Scarborough. The day before the appointment I realized that I had a time constraint that would not allow me to get her there on time. I was pleased when even on such short notice they cheerfully agreed to take her there in their van and I would meet her there as soon as I could make it. Their communication with families is excellent and I never feel left out of the loop. I know how to contact each key person there and always get a quick, professional response. They have made a sudden life change from independent living to assisted living an easy transition. I would encourage anyone to look into Bay Square as a next phase of life choice and enjoy all the fun and enrichment activities that encourage socialization and a positive outlook on senior life.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family. ([removed])

#2.overall: Have been talki...

#2.overall: Have been talking to Bay Square for about 3 years off and on. Clean, friendly. Very close to brother #4. Located off route 1 in Yarmouth across the street from the busy post office. Located in a business park. Contained walking path available based on weather. Also has a memory care unit. Residents can age in place and hospice is available. Mom's dog would also be able to visit regularly. Memory care unit seemed small. Like the fact that friends of the family used this facility and seemed to have a positive experience. Don't like the comment made by the admissions director that a lot of people seem to die after the holidays and spaces can open right up.

Bay Square at Yarmouth

Expensive, but a diligent, warm, inviting and caring place for folks in need. They honestly seem to like the people in their care. All the necessary services are available under 1 roof. Staff and residents appear to like each other and their surroundings. If there is a problem, solutions are forthcoming. Residents are allowed to be themselves. Staff are not condescending and a real effort is made to make the living environment as home like as possible under the circumstances.

Selected this facility beca...

Selected this facility because both staff and residents seemed genuinely happy to be there and because of it's location

This was a lovely facility - clean an...

This was a lovely facility - clean and bright; residents were friendly and happy. This could be a nice place for Mom.

Like a grand seaside inn, Bay Square at Yarmouth extends a warm and majestic invitation to all who come its way. Inside, the atmosphere is filled with joy of family, fond memories and proud traditions. Welcome to Senior living "the way it was meant to be!" Splendidly located just beyond the beautiful and near to everything practical, Bay Square offers a simple lifestyle based on independence in a nurturing, supportive environment. You will enjoy the privacy of your own spacious apartment and benefit from the many amenities found at this full-service community. Whether it's playing Bridge in the clubroom, enjoying a book in the library or socializing with family and friends in the country kitchen, you will always be fulfilled at Bay Square. If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Bay Square at Yarmouth offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.