Schooner Estates Senior Living - Auburn, ME

Holiday Event

At Schooner Estates, we know that each individual has his or her own unique needs and desires. We are committed to providing each resident with services that allow them to maintain their highest mental, physical and social well being. We are committed to hiring and training professional and supportive staff, who take pride in their work, are committed to excellent customer service and respect the inherent needs of every individual.

Our History

Schooner Estates Retirement Community opened its doors in June of 1988 with assisted living studio apartments and residential care options.

Within the first six months of operation there was a growing demand from the public for larger Independent- Living apartments for older adults. In 1991, the Searsport and Camden House were added, providing 46 one and two bedroom apartments.

Schooner Estates continued its growth through the 1990s with the addition of the Harpswell House with 27 new, one and two bedroom apartments, and a very large function room know as the Tenants Harbor Room.

The ice storm of 1998 brought another surge to the Schooner waiting list, which led to the construction of 31 more one and two bedroom apartments. This latest addition, the Rockport House, opened its doors on June 1st of 1999.

In 2006, ownership transferred to John Orestis and Barbra Crowley. Since that time extensive indoor and outdoor renovations have taken place.

My Mom always says, if I can’t live at home, Schooner is the next best place to be. I am very happy here and there are many programs and activities to keep me busy
-Rosemarie Goodwin for Irene Marcotte

I was very impressed with the facility. It was very clean and the residents all seemed content. Mr David Cassidy was so gracious to give me the tour and was very patient in answering all my questions. He was very kind and seemed genuinely caring. I really liked the 4 levels of living, and one can move up if he/she requires more care. Excellent facility!

Linda Hildonen

Thank you so much for the feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your meeting with David, and we hope you'll feel free to reach out with questions any time!

staff could not handle her

We are no longer at Schooner Estates Senior Living. The staff could not handle her. There were some issues getting her medicine at first. This facility just wasn't a good fit for her. It was a nice place but she wanted to be in her own home.

Linda Hildonen

Thank you for your feedback! We're always sorry to see someone go, but we hope she is getting her needs met now!

Review of Schooner Estates

I have lived here for 6 years. I moved in at age 66. The facility is beautifully maintained. The staff are friendly and very helpful. There are many activities. The food is delicious. It is a great worry-free place to live.

Linda Hildonen

We're so glad you feel at home here! Worry-free is what we strive for!

Review of Schooner Estates

I enjoy living at Schooner. To begin with, I have a daughter living in Auburn and a son in So. Paris, a third daughter in Boston, and the fourth child is my son in Taiwan. The staff and people who live here are all kind, polite, and very helpful. I'm glad I came and I have already made a good friend.

Linda Hildonen

Thanks, Joanne! We're glad the location works out for you! Our residents are what make our community great!

Amazing!

I can't say enough good things about this place! It provides all different sorts of care, with a hospital and skilled nursing facility available right down the street. They have CNAs on hand all the time, and they're willing to bend over backwards to help you out with whatever you need. The food is great, and the dining rooms are beautiful. They've got transportation available for free with a 24 hour notice. All of this and it is priced VERY fairly compared to other facilities like it. We'd recommend it to anyone!

Linda Hildonen

Thank you so much for this glowing review! It's always good to hear that someone thinks we're doing a good job!

great facility

My father currently resides here and I am in the process of helping another elderly relative move here. the staff is very upbeat and caring for the residents. the facility is always very well maintained as well as the grounds. the location is a very rural setting but very close to most resident needs.

They helped me

I needed to have blood drawn for the hospital lab but it was done right here in ym apartment.

Care at Schooner

I needed to have blood drawn for the hospital lab but it was done right here in my apartment.

I was rescued after falling in my apa...

I was rescued after falling in my apartment. We have safety checks everyday and I am so grateful for this.

Assisted living with transportation t...

Assisted living with transportation to dialysis appts. -Personal laundry also -Looks like a good spot however it is about 35 mins from portland and 45 from waterville. -Central Maine Med is a good hospital located in auburn for emergency services.

Wonderful place but currently out of ...

Wonderful place but currently out of price range.