Atria Scarborough - Scarborough, ME

great place clean modern updated with all amenities/ friendly staff

Too expensive for what you get

This location always has a sign outside to find help, a concern for any business and cautionary tale sign to me! Mom and I toured this location back just before they opened, so I know it is just too expensive for Mom to be able to sustain. My husband's Aunt was there for a time, but her family, much wealthier than the average family in Maine, found it too expensive once she needed to add more (and more) care services. The care never seemed adequate. What difference does it make to have "great" actives if the person in care can't or won't participate?

Talked with [name removed], did not do a tour, at this point the price would rule out this location. Though it is a true full service to end of life and bears consideration if others do not provide similar services in some manner. [name removed] was a good resource and did not dismiss me after the price discussion, but rather continued and had suggestions of other places to consider.

Unpleasant experience

I would not recommend this facility. I moved my mother into an apartment when they first opened a few years ago. I was told because her care changed and “she needs more care” she couldn’t stay. I wasn’t told why or what they could not provide. Overall the care isn’t great. She doesn’t need to be in a nursing home with that level of care, so it didn’t make sense to me what I was being told. She is now living at another assisted living and is much happier.

Michelle Eigenheer

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that your mom is happy and has found a community that suits her needs.

Beautiful

From the first time that I walked in I loved it. I find it that it’s the perfect place for my mother. I found out that she is a lot calmer now being there and everybody seems to love her. It’s been a good experience. The facility is beautiful, it’s clean, well kept, there is no odor, and it’s relatively a brand new facility (about a year old). The staff team is also very attentive toward my mother and they are interested in the details regarding her and her health. She gets along with the people there. Overall, it’s clean, nice, and friendly. I recommend.

We Are Comfortable With Dads Move Here

I'am very pleased with my fathers move to this community. It was tough adjustment at first, but now things have gotten better. My Senior Living ad visor from a place for mom was amazing. She was very helpful with all the information she provided me with. This is a great community. The only issue we came across is they can be pushy when it comes to having someone administrator his medication for him. He is able to do it his self. Other that that issue the community is always looks great whenever we visit. The meals are good. They are well balanced, and they have nice variety too choose from. There are good activities available for the residents. This is a community I would recommend overall, it is working out well for my family.

A wonderful community

I have eaten at this community and I think the food is good. They do have smaller portions, however the dining room is open all day. The staff are wonderful and attentive. They keep the community well taken care of. They offer daily activities. They have larger rooms with high ceilings and I would recommend this community.

The tour guide never showed up. However, someone there was gracious enough to show me around. Therefore, I was not able to get the necessary information to start the process because she did not show up.
Not particularly impressed with the professionalism of that facility. Would my client be treated any differently??

[Removed]

Bellivita was very helpful and patient with our family while
trying to convince all parties concerned that this was the
best thing we could do for our mother. Now that we have managed to get her into Bellavita everyone can see how much better off and safer she will be while residing there. The people there are very helpful and friendly about all things concerning her health and welfare. Every day that
we visit her there we feel even better than the day before that we have done the best thing possible for her at this time in her life.

Best of the best

Mom moved in about 4 months ago. This place is just amazing. Hands down one of the better assisted living places that I looked at. The staff who care for mom is great and so is the management. Would highly recommend Bellavita to anyone.

Easy move for mom

I contacted [Removed]at Bellavita in a panic because my mom was not accepted at another community due to care. The caring and understanding of the staff at this facility is unmatched. I visited a few other places that were recommended to me by an advisor , but after doing all of my "homework" I chose Bellavita because of the care they provide and a recommendation of another family whose father lives there. The biggest obstacle in all of this was that my mom lived in NY at the time and I live in VT.[Removed] and [Removed] helped me with coordinating my mom's move from NY to ME and even was able to reach out to another Brookdale to do the medical assessment. I thought this was going to be such a headache, but it was a smooth process. Bellavita even offered to help with the moving costs, which was an added bonus because until mom sold her home she was tight on finances. I am so happy and relieved that I found mom a new home. The most important thing is that she calls me every week to tell me how much she loves it there. Thank you Bellavita!

We recently moved our mom into Bellavita. Mom is very happy with everything and we are too. So glad we finally moved mom out of her condo and to a safe place after her recent falls over the last few months.

Bellavita.....a Beautiful Life!

A more caring group of associates you won't find. Everyone has been extremely helpful and accommodating. Bellavita truly understands the needs of memory care. Facility is beautiful, comfortable and bright! The food is marvelous. I am so happy my mother has found a place that cares for her and she has been overjoyed to find a home and extended family at Bellavita! Just wish at some point down the line they will accept medicaid.

Finally, a place to call home.

I finally found a place that I can call home. I'm so glad I did! I absolutely love my new home. Once I finally sold my home I was able to move right in. I was so worried about having to wait and I didn't have to do that. The staff are great here and helped me with all of the things I was so worried about.

Great place for mom

My family is very happy with Bellavita and that my mom decided to moved here. She had lived at another community for awhile, but needed more care. The staff are great and really care about the residents. After going to different places we finally found "home " for mom.

Moving a family member can be tough, but not here.

From the first phone call, the staff at Bella Vita were very friendly and courteous. They showed a very caring attitude while we were moving my mother-in-law into her room. The facility is just beautiful and homey at the same time. Even though it has been just a little while since she's been there, I feel she will soon feel "at home". She is in the memory care unit.

The facility is new, spacious, visually appealing & spacious. Staff & residents are welcoming and friendly. Food is so-so.

A great place for my parents.

They were great to work with right from the start. Now that my parents have moved in it is even better than I had hoped. You can see just how much everyone there cares about the people living there. I'm very happy we found Bellavita and moved Mom and Dad in there.

Wonderful Place!!

My mom just loves Bellavita at Scarborough. This is a fairly new facility , but don't let that scare you away. This place exceeded my expectations. Bellavita has everything that my mom needed. The dining room looks just like a restaurant and the food is outstanding. The activities my mom is doing day-to-day are just wonderful. They give her purpose and meaning in her life. The staff are amazing and very caring. I never I have to worry about the care of my mom. The tour I was given felt like I was at home. I was blown away because I never felt like I was walking into In a senior living home. The management is very compassionate and go above and beyond to make every visit a positive experience for whom ever walks in the door. Please take my word and stop in anytime. You won't be disappointed. If your mom or dad needs care and you don't know where to go , this is the place. There are many places where I could have brought my mom , but Bellavita was the only place where I didn't feel any doubt about moving foward. They gave me piece of mind and a new life for my mom. Thank you Bellavita at Scarborough!

Bellavita

Bellavita at Scarborough is a great place! The care staff is very caring and is sincerely interested in my loved ones well being. The food is great and they are helpful if my family member wants to eat at a different time then normal. Love the buildings layout as well. Wifi and basic cable included, can't beat it!

It is absolutely lovely. She absolutely loves it there.

It is absolutely lovely. She absolutely loves it there. The staff is lovely, and the facility is beautiful. They are very, very accommodating to her. She loves the food. Overall I would give it a ten. It wasn't a ton more expensive than others. The had a healthier more active environment that we really liked.

This is the best move that I mad for Dad.

This is the best move that I made for Dad. The communication between the staff has been outstanding. The offer activities. They take a lot of trips. The food is very good. The dining room is outstanding. This is a brand new facility. It's very clean and nice. The value is excellent. I would highly recommend the Bellavita at Scarborough. It has been a very good experience. Everything has been going well.

Polite, friendly staff

We looked into this community while searching for senior care options for a loved one. All of our interactions with Bellavita were very pleasant, the staff were all friendly and helpful. We also got a few glowing personal recommendations from friends for this place!

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Bellavita at Scarborough seems like a nice place, overall. The staff we met were friendly and helpful, and the facility itself was clean and well kept.

Located just seven miles south of Portland, Atria Scarborough is a vibrant senior living community where older adults can live more independently, with discreet support from a caring, 24-hour staff. In addition to independent living and assisted living services, Atria Scarborough also offers Life Guidance® memory care for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Atria Scarborough is convenient to local beaches, nature preserves, shopping and dining. Amenities include multiple dining venues, a greenhouse for gardening, fitness center, art studio, salon and barber shop, movie theater and inviting spaces for gathering with friends. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals and a variety of engaging events every day, including planned outings to local points of interest like the Winslow Homer Studio and Scarborough Downs.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them to keep making a positive difference in our world.