Sonata at Coconut Creek - Coconut Creek, FL

Sonata at Coconut Creek has been a blessing.

We consider it a blessing that we found Sonata at Coconut Creek as a place for my mother to live. The executive director communicates with us regularly about how my mother is doing and we receives regular calls from the nursing staff letting us know about her health. She has benefitted from help from the Physical Therapy Department and has spoken positively about their staff.

The facility itself is cheerful and beautifully decorated. My mother lives in a spacious and comfortable studio apartment that fits her needs. She enjoys the daily activities and socializing with the other residents and can also have quiet time alone if she desires.

A van is available to take her to doctors’ appointments or shopping if she desires.

I can recommend Sonata at Coconut Creek with the greatest confidence for your family member.

My husband and I are searching for a place for my mom who has dementia so we toured this yesterday. We toured most of the facility and found it to be clean and the staff was very friendly. Residents appeared to be happy. We saw a shared room in memory care area which was very large with 2 full or queen sized beds and 2 dressers and a TV. I would have preferred that they would have their own private space. It was more expensive than the other places but our guide thought it included everything she needed. One thing I really liked is they only have 18 residents in memory care and 3-4 aides for all of them so they have more individualized attention. However, there are no openings at this time and it’s a little further from my home than I would like it to be.

A Few Improvements Needed, but Overall Mom is Well

For the most part my mother is doing well since her move to this community. There are a few things that can be done better, but overall she is being provided with good care. They have a nice staff, and they are treating her very well. She is enjoying her room. The staff is caring, and patient. I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving in this community.

Care and Comfort

This is a nice community. We like the staff who are always willing to help. The community is clean and I like knowing that the meals are a healthy choice. She likes the activities with the other residents. We would recommend this community for good care and a nice value for other families.

New management!

My mother was at the Sonata at Coconut Creek for respite care and it went well, they took very good care of her. I would recommend them to anyone now that they are under the new management.

The marketing director was superb but unfortunately the care team never quite met expectations

Great tour of the place!

The Brookdale Coconut Creek was a very nice community. The lady that showed me around was friendly and knowledgeable. The place was clean and well maintained, but the location was not the closest to my home so we had to choose another community.

Too Dark!!

The Brookdale Coconut Creek seemed to be a good community. The place was just so dark and gloomy. It was almost like a dungeon. We were looking for something more bright and airy. The tour went great though.

Great environment

Have received many positives since my mother has arrived. Walking better great food. Will be going there in may to see for myself

Mostly Women

They are very nice to my brother here at Brookdale. I do feel there could be better commutation between me and the staff. They are not very good with following through on fixing things. The staff could be a little more attentive to my brother and his needs. This community is mostly women and the activities tend to be for the women. They help with transportation to his doctor appointments. This is a nice a community that I would recommend for someone to take a look at.

Memory Care and Brookdale

We moved my mom into Clairbridge memory Care at Brookdale a month ago. The facility is clean, neat, organized and very professional. So far, it has been a good experience. The prices per month vary on their current occupancy so you may want to have plenty of time to wait until their occupancy is low so the price per month is more competitive. All and all it has been working out really well.

I have no complaints or issues with the facility.

Mediocre Services

I hired Elder Services to take care of my mother while I was away. The initial meeting went well but everything after that was just not what I expected. The caregiver did not interact with my Mom and mainly stayed to herself. She warmed up frozen meals rather than cooking. I have a cat and asked that she empty out the litter box which did not get done either. I considered using them again but probably wont.

New tenant

It seems as if they keep the people very busy and active.

My Nana's new home

So far everything has been excellent with my grandmother, she's only been there a little over a week but she seems to be starting to get use to the place. She has made some friends & appears to be doing well

A good choice for someone who is pretty well functioning.

It's a good choice for someone who is pretty well functioning. It's not a good choice for someone who is low functioning. I hear the food is five star. The communication with the staff has been pretty good. The location and parking is very good. The cleanliness of the facility is excellent. The friendliness of the staff is excellent as well. My overall rating of the Brookdale Coconut Creek is four stars.

A wonderful place.

The Brookdale Coconut Creek is a wonderful place. It is very well organized and maintained. My mother recently moved in and the residents tell me how much they like it. My mom loves the food. She loves the atmosphere. The nursing staff seems well trained. The location is accessible. There is plenty of parking. This is an overall great place. I would highly recommend the Brookdale Coconut Creek to anyone.

Excellent place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Coconut Creek. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly, caring, and they've done a great job looking after my loved one. They've really done a tremendous job handling her memory and anxiety issues. Sometimes they will let Mom "help" with some paperwork, she was a secretary all her life and this helps her feel useful and calm. I also really appreciate how well they stay in touch with us, if they know that I can't visit for a few days they'll text me pictures of Mom and what she is up to. It's an excellent place, and I highly recommend it!

The staff there is great.

It boils down to staff. They are friendly and kind to each other. They interact with each other in positive way. My husband seems very very well adjusted. Every place is the same but boils done to staff and you can tell they are well adjusted there.

Bad News!

My family member was injured a few times in a few weeks. As far as I know the staff was never held accountable, but that may be due to the incompetent Administrator. Our loved one had to visit the emergency room for one of the injurys sustained. If this was not enough we were verbally accosted by a staff member.

Very nice, smaller community!

So far things have been great with Homewood, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a small, homey feeling community, and the staff all seem very warm and friendly! They really bent over backwards to make sure that my loved one's transition here was smooth and comfortable!

Good community

My loved one isn’t too active. The staff is friendly and they take care of things you request. There isn’t any trouble finding parking. They are a clean community and I think they’re a good value for the cost.

A necessity

They are very, very expensive. Some of the staff provide really good care and some of them not so much. It is a very clean community. The people in charge are very helpful and courteous and love what they do.

I highly recommend Homewood Residence

I highly recommend Homewood Residence at Coconut Creek. My dad had some second thoughts, but they couldn’t have been nicer! They are fabulous. Every one of the girls is very nice and helpful. We’re very happy with the activities offered.

Looking Forward to Respite Stay

We like that they are smaller, they have three buildings and each one has 30-35 residents. Smaller as far as the rooms, too; each apartment is like a large bedroom with a bathroom. They do respite, so we are trying it out until the end of December. After that you could do a month to month, with no commitment. Great price, they really worked with us. Her needs are a little more than everyone realized, though and when they add on the care charges at the end of December, the cost will go through the roof.

Not Worth It

It seemed a little cleaner and a little fresher than the community that we ended up choosing, but in terms of overall value, it didn't compare. The price for what they offer wasn't worth it.

Nice but Too Big

It was just too big and that's why we didn't like them as much. It was larger with many more people. That's basically why we didn't chose them. I thought it would just be too much. In terms of cleanliness and all that I didn't see any places that were not good.

would need 2 sperate rooms....

would need 2 sperate rooms. good feel to community

Dog and Pony Show.

The tour went good they all smiled but come to find out it was just a dog and pony show. When we went to move in mom they had a major OSHA violation, there was no power in her room. They had to run an extension cord into her room just so she could at least watch the television. My mom uses a walker and is at risk of being a tripping hazard and she was forced to have to maneuver around the cord in hopes of not falling. It’s obvious that they treat the patents in the memory care ward differently than the other residents. I fear that mom is being treated differently when I’m not their. I was moving to move mom out but they talked me into keeping her their. I constantly visit at all different times of day just to check up on here. They never have any activities for the memory care patients all they can do is sit around and watch television all day. They said that they had a nurse on staff 24\7 come to find out after five there is no nurse, and the nurses are sweet but the CNA’s are bad. Mom had a bad fall and ended up having to go the emergency room. I had to stay a couple of nights with her just to make sure that she would be ok. I have M.S that’s acting up due to how exasperated I have gotten due to having to deal with “Homewood.” I’m looking for another place for mom as we speak. One star was generous of me.

Homewood Residence at Coconut Creek provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer’s care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents at enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate assisted living and Alzheimer’s care accommodations as those needs change.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents in need of Alzheimer’s care retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.