Stoneybrook Assisted Living - Corvallis, OR

We highly recommend Stoneybrook Assisted Living

We've been living at Stoneybrook Assisted Living now for almost three months. The people working here, in every capacity, have been friendly, capable and respectful. They are helpful and often volunteer to help before we've needed to ask for help.

There are a lot of activities, so many we haven't taken advantage of them all. The ones we have, we have enjoyed. In particular we have liked the music activities and the ice cream social.

The food is good with plenty of options for special needs. We particularly like how easy it is for family members to join us at meals.

Thanks

This facility is amazing. The activity coordinator has so much energy and really gets everyone involved. The management staff are awesome too. Helpful, caring and really roll out the red carpet.

A happy camper at Stoneybrook

My name is[name removed]. I have lived at Stoneybrook for 3 1/2 years. In this amount of time I have seen big changes, all for the good. When I moved here I would have rated a 3 for good but not anymore. We have a new Director that is not afraid to spend money on food ( 3 1/2 years ago our soup was broth now its full of nutritious food). Our Activity Director has made it a lot more fun to live here. Go on our Stoneybrook website and click the link to watch our YouTube video and watch all the activities of last summer. Don't worry this summer is starting out just as good. We have already taken our residents camping. Make sure to watch the video and see us in action having fun. P.S. I'm the guy that was flying at Ifly sports.

Nice facility, some concerns

I have some concerns regarding communication, care, and security. If they have an issue they want to talk with you about, you'll receive multiple calls. If you need to speak with someone, they'll never get back to you. We often needed to leave messages to keep Mom off of the bus for appointments or family visits. Not once did the message get through from the desk to the bus driver. When we got there they couldn't tell us if she was on the bus. How can the bus leaves without first clearing the names of those on board with the front desk? How do they know the resident has not left the premises? We requested that they change the band-aid on Mom's leg after she showered in the morning. The nurse said the aides we not capable, they didn't always have band-aids (we provided them), it was impossible to communicate the message to everyone. I asked for her email to make sure messages got to the "medical" staff, she didn't know it. Then she called me back with a fake one. She told me many times, "I'm just temporary." So we can't expect any services from the health care department because she is temporary? Not impressed.

Very Disappointing

They charge you to do something and then they don't do it. Sometimes they do thins, sometimes they don't. A lot of it is hit and miss. They do not have enough staff members and they have a terrible turnover. They need to get someone in there who knows what they are doing. I am disappointed with them.

good

The main thing (which I think is true of most of these places) is that the ratio between staff and the residents is not as good as it needs to be in order to give the residents the one on one special attention that would be optimal.

Other than that they have been very good. The place is very nice and the staff members there are very nice, friendly, and helpful.

good, but a couple areas for improvement

All the people at Stoneybrook Assisted Living are very nice.

They are really good, but they are a little short-handed. What care you do get is good, but they are understaffed so that impacts the care that they provide.

One thing that they do need to improve is the food. The food is just not great, and I hear a lot of complaints about it.

The food is okay.

The food is okay. We’re not using much for care services. The activities calendar seems to have something going on all the time. It’s a very clean community. The staff is very friendly and supportive.

stoneybrook first impression

was more expensive than i originally thought...with level of care only being defined when i signed contract.
clean
friendly people
sure hope they will deliver all the services i contracted for and they promised

Stoneybrook Assisted Living in beautiful Corvallis, Oregon, combines the care seniors need, the convenience they value, and the independence they cherish.

Stoneybrook Assisted Living is beautifully designed with spacious common areas to enjoy with family and friends. Three delicious chef-prepared meals are served daily in our gracious dining room by a cheerful and friendly staff. Our amenities include maintenance and housekeeping services, scheduled transportation to and from appointments and shopping, and weekly linen service.

Activities are an integral part of the Stoneybrook lifestyle. We promote an active senior lifestyle by offering a variety of intellectual, cultural, and recreational activities. Activities include an exciting wellness and fitness program, creative writing classes, table games, book and gardening clubs. We also offer a variety of planned outings to go shopping, visit museums and galleries, or take in theatre performances and concerts. We often have live entertainers visit Stoneybrook for everyone to enjoy. Additionally, we have weekly movies shown on our wide-screen TV with refreshments included.

Health and personal care services at Stoneybrook are coordinated by our full-time Registered Nurse.

It would be our pleasure to introduce you to our community in person.