Eastside Gardens - Snellville, GA

Nice place but over my budget & no vacancies

We went to East Side Gardens, and [Removed] she was great. The home was nice and everyone was very friendly, but they could not offer the care that my mother needed.

From what I can tell, the staff is taking good care of my loved one. She is in the Alzheimer unit, and it is a little dark and the rooms are cold. The rest of the facility is very nice. It has been a good experience.

Safety is a top priority at Eastside Gardens!

My mother-in-law is a resident here. She's getting involved in activities. She's playing BINGO and they took her to see the ballet last week. The food is something they've missed. When you're used to home cooking it's not going to be the same.I think the thing that impressed me the most is how they welcome new residents. They get them involved and make sure they know what is going on even if it's posted everywhere. We also liked that the entire building is locked. My mother has dementia and it gives me peace of mind that if she decides to wander she can explore and won't get out. The only place she can go outside is to the garden which she hasn't been able to utilize because the weather hasn't been that nice. I also liked that when I toured everything was so nice. The building is older but they keep it in very good repair.

We looked at the memory care here. It's very tight, and the people are just sitting in their chairs in the hallway. They have alarms so if they try to get up at all the little alarm goes off, so someone can make sure they are sitting down. It just doesn't feel good to me, but they all seem to be about the same way.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your input. Eastside Gardens and all other Five Star Senior Living communities strive to deliver quality care to our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and service. We operate under strict industry standards and often times exceed these regulations. We would love to invite you over for another tour to showcase how beautiful and thriving our community really is, we have a dedicated staff member that will take you around and join you for lunch. Please visit our web site to schedule a tour and we hope to see you back: [removed]

Very, very nice

I thought the facility was very, very nice. The only thing is that it seems a little older and it shows. However, The age of the building is not important to us, the care is. My loved one hasn't moved in yet. She will be moving in soon.

Warm and caring

The staff were very accommodating of our needs even be fore we moved in. It is a small community and warm and friendly relationships between staff and residents.

Just What I Was Looking For

Eastside Gardens has exactly what I was looking for when I realized I needed to place my loved one in an assisted living facility. She needed a facility that was secure (the doors to the outside are locked) for her safety. Yet she doesn't feel confined because of the back covered patio she can use to relax or the path through the garden to examine the plants and flowers. The staff at Eastside Gardens made her transition very smooth and offered their help in any way with the move in. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who might be searching for just the right place to call home for your family member.

Not impressed by this place

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We were immediately turned off by what we saw and did not stay long. The facility just seemed to have a general lack of cleanliness, and there was a noticeable odor when we walked in. It was enough that we did not stay for the full tour and left after a few minutes.

Five Star Reviews

I'm sorry your visit was not exceptional. I'm currently trying to investigate the occurrence you are referring to so that others will not have the same experience. We work hard every day to keep our community clean and beautiful...and if that wasn't your experience, we would certainly like to correct that. Can I ask what day you visited our community and if you remember who you toured with? Please accept my personal invitation to revisit the community and join us for a delicious lunch prepared personally by our chef. We hope to change your impression and help you discover why so many families are happy to call Eastside Gardens, "home!"

Johnnie Cheney
Executive Director
Eastside Gardens

Nice facility, can't handle wound bac

They were very nice but they just said they couldn't handle the wound bac. It was a very nice facility, smaller, which is what I was looking for, and daddy had a friend who had been there before and he asked me to look at it. They just flat out told me they couldn't handle the wound bac but it was a very nice facility, clean, very pretty, looked like an older antebellum home.

Not very impressive. Bad od...

Not very impressive. Bad odors as you enter building. Rust on air conditioning units.

Elevator, small garden, didn't see ma...

Elevator, small garden, didn't see many care workers, residents helping each other return from lunch, large activity room on second floor, looked like decorated in 1990 never up dated.

Visited this facility last year when ...

Visited this facility last year when looking for father.

LOVELY LOVELY Facility! Gracious dir...

LOVELY LOVELY Facility! Gracious director gave us a last minute tour for which we were very appreciative. Again - perfect facility and we loved it!

Eastside Gardens has been created to meet the needs of an aging population and their families as they face the challenges of a changing life style and increasing responsibilities. Designed with an eye for comfort and an understated elegance, Eastside Gardens offers a variety of floor plans, as well as beautifully decorated settings throughout the building for gathering and socializing. For those residents with Alzheimer’s and other dementia related illnesses, Eastside Gardens is proud to offer the Bridge To Rediscovery, a self-contained, secure neighborhood within the community. Our program is designed to address the special needs of these residents and foster the continuation of life’s activities from which they can experience a sense of satisfaction and usefulness. We encourage our residents to reach beyond what they thought possible.