Brookdale Westerville - Columbus, OH

So far things are great

My grandma likes some of the activities offered and they have a church music group that comes in to entertain. The staff have been friendly and we have good communication with them. She seems to enjoy the food. The community is well taken care of inside and out. I would recommend this community.

Settling In Nicely

I think my mom is settling in nicely at Brookdale Westerville. The staff does the best that they can in taking care of her care needs. There is a little communication barrier with some of the staff not being fluent in English, but I can communicate directly with the director who has helped me with my concerns about my mom's care needs. The food is very good and the meals they provide are well-balanced with variety. My mom says she really enjoys the meals, and they are very good about encouraging her to eat. They also encourage her to participate in the activities they provide and will personally go and get her to invite her to the activities that are scheduled. They also provide transportation to her quilting club so that she can continue quilting. The main reason we chose Brookdale Westerville is that it is a safe and secure facility, and she can stay in the assisted living units longer before moving into the memory care which is located in the same community. I would recommend this community to others.

No lift to assist my friend

Our tour here was done well by the staff, they took their time showing us around and answering all our questions. Unfortunately, they do not have a life which my friend needs in order for her to be transferred in and out of bed and to the restroom or showers.

Wonderful People!!

I have no complaints about this community and everything they have done for my mother while she has been in there care. The staff are friendly and very professional in there work. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Great Community, and My Father is Well Here

My father is doing very well here in this community. It is a great community, and I'am pleased with his move here. I know he is safe, and in good hands. The staff is attentive, and accommodating. He is pleased with the meals, and everything has worked out very well. This community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

Really Nice Tour

This is a really nice facility, and my tour of it went well. The staff was very nice, and informative. All my questions were answered. The community looked great. It was a really nice experience overall.

Feels like a personal home. Well kept. Felt quiet and peaceful

Did not have a good vibe...

While touring this community, we did not have good vibes. I can not get specific on what it was but I liked the memory care area. They were suggesting with my mother's level of care she could be in another area, but we were not comfortable with that. Also, the male nurse came in to talk with us when we were finished with the tour, we did not think much of him. Not sure if it was an off day but we had not had that experience in any other place. 2 people from my church have their family there and think it is great.

Good Experience

I had a good tour of this community. It was a good experience, and everyone was very kind. The community looked nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. The staff was very kind, and helpful. The experience was a good one. This is nice community.

Good people!

I really liked this community. The staff was nice and they answered all of my questions. I just did not feel that this community could provide the care that my husband needed. They do have a good memory care center though.

Loved talking with [Removed] and touring. I think this will be the right size place for Mom's memory care. Cosy atmosphere. Mom, also, found it to be comfortable in size and friendly. She hopes to move in soon.

Our family likes the small community (31 units) and the comfortable, friendly atmosphere; nothing elaborate, and the residents appear to be warm and social, easy for our timid mother to relate to.

Outstanding Community!

We are happy at this community. The staff is outstanding in everyway. The food is wonderful and a good variety. Alot of nice activities are offered for her. Everyone who is looking for a great place would be very happy with the care here.

Loved this cozy community! Everyone was very friendly, and the place was well-cared-for. This ended up #2 on our list.

Tour Time

I took a tour of this community and found that it is a good place. The staff were interacting with residents. The facility looked clean and very nice. The tour went well but this place was far from me.

My husband has only been at Brookdale for a short time and the experience there has been good. Unfortunately, his health has gone downhill no fault of the community's. The time we've had there so far has been good considering. The food is really good and the staff are very nice and friendly. I'm hoping he gets back to feeling better so that when he returns he can really enjoy the place.

Carol Treat's new home

After touring Brookdale and five other facilities that specialize in care for those with Alzheimer's/dementia conditions, I chose Brookdale for Mother because of the quiet confidence exuded by every staff member, the openness of the community, the knowledge of staff relevant to Alz/Dem care, and hominess that abounds.
Mother made the transition from my home to Brookdale with a minimum of stress.
I'm thankful every day for this amazing, caring facility.

Brookdale Westerville Memory Care

So far the experience here has been really good. The staff was able to assist with actually convincing my aunt it was ok to stay there. In the adjustment phase the staff has been extremely understanding and helping us(the family) start down this maze of how to handle my aunt, what to say, not to say and keeping in touch as to how she is doing. They were very receptive when I was there over the holidays to have a care conference to ensure all of us are on the same page. All the staff are extremely friendly, outgoing, and willing to help in any way. The facility is clean and concerns we had were addressed right away. We like that it is a secure facility even though my Aunt some days feels like a caged bird. The other residents appear to be well cared for also.

Home Like Atmosphere

I think that the thing they do so well is that they have created such a home like atmosphere for the residents. I can't say that they need to improve upon anything. I really think that they are doing a wonderful job.

Would use this place again!

i think it's a wonderful facility! My dad was bed-ridden before he went to Sterling House of Westerville, and now he's up and running again, and coming home soon. We would send him there again if need be!

Our #1 pick. Really liked that it was a very small community.

Very very clean, well attended activities and we liked the small atmosphere. We are currently struggling with the cost.

Small, friendly community

We've had a great experience with Sterling House of Westerville so far. They're a small community, so they were able to get to know Mom very quickly to help her settle in. It is a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and it has a comfortable, friendly atmosphere. My loved one seems very happy here!

Review of Sterling House of Westerville Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Columbus, OH

The administrator was very informative and open. He had a good rapport with residents and staff. I am concerned that he is leaving and a new person will be assuming the position. the Memory Care Unit will be renovated soon. It needs an update. Now looks drab so I am glad to hear it will look as nice as the rest of the facility. Facility overall was clean. I like that the medical and nursing services are integrated. The size is good - not too big and seems personalized. Total costs will be determined after nursing assessment is completed. Just a general concern that much of the literature points to making sure that residents are not 'nickled and dimed' every month. Longevity of most of the staff is a big plus. This was my first place to visit so no comparison but overall give Sterling House a 4 out of 5.

I really liked it. small and intimate. Had rooms available. buy in is expensive! $4350. I need to check, i thought she told me there was a special til the end of the year.

Great care given by staff at S.H.O.W.

First my father went to Sterling House of Westerville and about four months later my mother(both with dementia) went there. My father stayed there until he passed away and my mother was there until one month before she passed. Everyone in my family gives the staff an A++ in every way, they could not have been any better. We did not want to, but had to take our mother out one month before she passed as part of a Medicaid application(S.H.O.W. does not take Medicaid). The only negative we had was the cost got very steep with time.

We really are very pleased with them.

The meals are very good, and they have lots of choices. We liked that it was a secure environment, even for assisted living. It's a very clean, very updated place. The staff is very friendly. My loved one gets great quality of care. There are a lot of activities going on, so many! We really are very pleased with them.

Very satisfied

Since my father moved in here, we have been very impressed with this community. The value of the community is great: the prices are very fair for what we are getting out of them. Any issues we have had have been taken care of right away by the staff, who are very helpful. There is a variety of activities with great schedules for the residents. The food is great, accommodating to different dietary needs, and my father always cleans his plate! Overall, we have been very pleased with what Sterling House has offered us.

Home Like Feeling

Near family so there is not a lot of having to drive. The food is good and the community really has a home like feeling. It is a little expensive and could have a little better care services for the price. There is really good views at this community.

Smaller facility (50 rooms)...

Smaller facility (50 rooms). Secured entry single level with interior garden patio area. Met several residents very pleasant. Looked at empty large 1BR (Windsor)and an occupied smaller room with BR and sitting area (Richmond). Seemed to be more intimate setup. Windsor $3880, Richmond $3460. Community fee 1 month. As yet undefined personal service plan fee. Assessment needed.

After waiting ten minutes f...

After waiting ten minutes for someone to come to the door after they told me they would be there in a minute, I left. I then called and asked to talk to Maria, I was told she was busy and did I want to leave a message. I told the person answering the phone that after standing outside for ten minutes waiting to get in, I left because I didn't think that this was an appropriate place for my mother to get excellent care. It didn't seem to affect her. I never received a call from anyone at the facility.

All inclusive. Assisted living, spec...

All inclusive. Assisted living, specializes in alzhiemers and dimentia.

No one to show us around who knew muc...

No one to show us around who knew much about the place on Sat. unannounced. Looked sparse.

The tour and the facility were well p...

The tour and the facility were well presented. However, it's overall small size, limited offering of good-sized rooms, and lack of apparent activity were pretty troublesome. Again, I found this facilty overly saccharin to the point of being disturbing.

Clean, smaller rooms, very small dini...

Clean, smaller rooms, very small dining area, feels like a small school cafeteria.

We liked the location, size and feel ...

We liked the location, size and feel of this facility. It is a small facility on one floor. It appeared my mom would receive the personal care she needs here. The cost is also more attractive than others we visited. They do have a policy to honor Medicaid after a 2 year stay. This might be more attractive with the budget we have to work with. Staff plans to visit to do an evaluation.

Medicare waiver. Beautiful, small, in...

Medicare waiver. Beautiful, small, intimate, 1 level, homey, memory care available.

Nice & cheerful,clean,neat. Friendly ...

Nice & cheerful,clean,neat. Friendly staff.Helpful & respectful w residents. S/w sm rooms for fees. Facility has little outside areas for walking but has courtyard. Like the relationship facility has w Westerville Sr Ctr & many activities available. Residents not only have to sign out but have to wait on staff to let them out.

This facility is beautiful. It's clea...

This facility is beautiful. It's clean, the residents spend time outside of their rooms and interact with one another; the whole atmosphere is uplifting and inviting. Director has been a great help throughout this drawn out process being the middle man between facilities and my uncle who is the POA for my grandmother. I've visited this facility a couple of times and each time I was happy with what I saw with the staff (aides up through management) and again, the whole facility. Definitely at the top of my list.

Wide hallways. Enclosed patio area wi...

Wide hallways. Enclosed patio area with private entrance from apt. Excellent security. Good apt storage. Fridge and microwave. Music playing in common area, 40s. Felt good. Clean and airy

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected