Paramount Senior Living at Westerville - Westerville, OH

Paramount Senior Living at Westerville - Westerville, OH has yet not published prices.

This is an assisted living community that both my husband and I found dark and depressing. The hallways and community areas need brighter bulbs/lighting. There was an unpleasant smell in the lobby area by the dining room. We had already visited other senior communities so comparing those, we didn't see staff at Brookdale as friendly as others. Beautiful outside, but not the place for my parents

The tour provided by [Removed] was great. I think this would be an excellent choice for my Mom. Friendly staff and residents, large rooms, and more affordable than other facilities we've seen.

Mom is doing fine since moving here. It is taking time for her to get acclimated but she is making progress.So far the residents that she has met she likes.The staff is great very friendly and caring. Mom seems to like the food no complaints. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Friendly staff

We toured the Brookdale Cooper Road community. The staff was very nice and they gave a good presentation of what they could provide for our loved one. It had a disinfectant smell in the atmosphere and looked very clean. It just wasn't the right fit for our loved one.

Tour with care

I toured this community and like the staff who were able to answer the questions of the care that is offered. The community was darn and we wanted something with more brightness. The menu and activities would have been good for my mom. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one

Very nice respite stay!

My loved one spent a short respite stay at the facility, and everything went well! The staff were very accommodating and made her feel very comfortable there. She also got to stay for a fairly decent price. Overall, we were pleased with the respite stay!

Decent Tour

I had an okay tour of this community. I toured it for my father, and his needs. The experience went well. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community from what we saw looked nice. The staff was friendly, but I did find another community that suited our need better.

Met All Our Requirements

Brookdale has been a great place for my mom. Shortly after mom moved in we had to move her over to the memory care unit which she has adjusted to quickly. They seem to keep her active and feed her well which makes her happy. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

The community is very clean and appears nice.
Overall I would have to say it is the right fit for mom and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. It was just a little bit larger of a facility then we had hoped for.

Overall Good Tour

I took a tour of this community for my father, and his needs. My tour went well, and everyone was kind. From what I saw the community appeared well maintained. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. It was a good experience overall.

Compared to many places we looked in the Westerville/Columbus area, Cooper Road Brookdale does well! My moms biggest complaint is the food. Sometimes not cooked correctly and poor choices for options. Otherwise, great place to be [removed]

Lovely Experience

So far this community is working out pretty for my mother since her move here. I'am comfortable with the care she is receiving. They have a lovely staff at this community, and they have been great to work with.It has been a great experience, and I would recommend this community.

Not worth it

I would not recommend this facility. It has deteriorated tremendously ever since Brookdale took it over. The carpet in the memory care area is filthy. You won't find much staff anywhere in memory care on a weekend.

Nice facility. Very well managed, medium sized home.

Helpful Staff at this Community

My loved one is doing well at this community. I do feel very comfortable with her move to this community. i know she is safe, and receiving good care. They have a great staff at this community. They have been very attentive, and helpful. The community is very nice, and clean. It has been a good experience for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Great place great price

Extremely friendly!! Very homey. They truly care. So far so good. We just moved my grandmother in law into the facility a few weeks ago. She seems to like it.

I like this community.

Things are going well at Brookdale. The staff are doing the best they can and are going above and beyond to support dad. He likes the food and they try to keep him active. They offer daily activities and the community is nice and clean. I would recommend this community.

A tour for care

We tried this community and found the staff to be nice and caring. We were happy with the cleanliness of the community. My sister liked the activities that were offered. The community had a lot of offer for the care and the value. We recommend others to tour the community for care for a loved one.

Good Tour, Very Nice and Clean

We had a good tour of this community. The staff I came across was nice and friendly. From what I saw the community was spotless. It was a very nice experience, and they were very kind to my family and I. Everything went well, but I didn't get the feeling that this was the community for my mother and her needs. Overall we had a nice tour.

A tour for care

I toured this community for my mon's care. The staff were very nice and wee able to answer my questions. The community is clean and well maintained. It appeared to have a nice menu. They do offer activities. This is a nice place, but familieies might want to tour for themself to see if this is what they are looking for.

Always there!

I do like this community and what it has to offer. This is the main reason my husband stays here. However, there are a few staff members that when I call to help my husband they take a long time to get there. He likes the food and he is eating well. I also liked here because I was changing locations and it was close to my home so that I could visit him often.

Overall I was happy with our respite visit. We had a few incidents here. I had to remind them to wash his clothes and we had one piece not returned. They accidentally ordered supplements from their pharmacy when I had given them some already. The communication could improve. I would use them again but might have to remind them.

Comfortable living spaces !

My loved one is very satisfied with the room and board at this community. He is very happy with his comfortable room that they have placed him in including his own TV. They provide a cleaning service and the staff are very friendly. The meals the facility offers are good but have room for improvement.

Everything Has Worked Out Great For Us Here

Everything has worked out great for my mother here at this community. It has been a really big weight lifted off my shoulders. I know she is being cared for very well here at this community. The community looks great, they do a great job with the cleanliness. They have a very good staff here. She is trying some of the activities offered. She loves the food. This is a community I would recommend, it is a great place.

The staff seems nice, I spoke with a resident and he enjoyed being their. The room I was showed was nice and bright, however,the main area and hallways were not very bright. I felt the areas needed updates.

Waiting For Improvements

My mom is staying here and I have realized that they are short staffed which is causing other problems around the community. They are unable to do their best at cleaning and being prompt with care. It is not up to par. My mom is eating well, she gets all her meals. I am hoping they improve soon.

We Like It Here

The staff are accommodating and take care of all things. My mom likes to play bingo. I feel the community is clean and kept up. There have been a few frustrations with the meals but i have addressed it to the cook and they are working on improvements.

It's Wonderful

I live at this community and have got to enjoy so much. This place is always clean and the staff are so so so great! I eat fabulous food and have been getting better. This community is great and i can not say enough good things about them, I have told everybody how wonderful this place is and still recommend this place. I thank Joyce from A Place For Mom for getting me into this community.

Bait and Switch (only recommend if you are very healthy & capable)

After being aggressively pursued to join the community with all kinds of 'promotional' price breaks to accommodate my budget (which was maxed out) - I am receiving new pricing for care costs that may now force me to move again. The new pricing was not discussed with me and occurred within 60 days of me and my spouse moving in. I have had to dispute every monthly statement they have all been inaccurate. There were all kinds of commitments made that the leadership would work with me prior to signing the contracts - that me and my spouse's care could be accommodated and now the same leadership is saying it's too much (yet nothing has changed over the past 3 months - except that I signed the contract). Care is OK - the care givers are not really trained properly (especially on transfers - I have been dropped twice) and it can take over an hour to get assistance when you call for it.

Toured, very nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Cooper Road was a very nice place, based on what we saw! The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They're worth a look if you're looking into senior care in the area.

Review of Brookdale Cooper Road - Westerville, OH

very nice. staff was knowledgable and friendly. Place was clean and residents were busy with activities. Semmed like a very nice place to live. Cheerful

Work in progress?

Our experience with the managment has been positive, but this facility is severely understaffed and the staff that is there is not consistent at all. It's hard to have peace of mind that your loved one is safe with so little support staff on hand and so many new faces. I am actively searching for a different facility for my loved one, because I don't believe they are safe. The [removed] ratio that we were told would be there is not accurate. I am disappointed in the condition of the facility as well, i.e. the key pads on the memory care doors are old and hard to read. The keypad door to the inner courtyard doesn't work. We didn't notice an odor at first but the urine odor was horrible on the weekend. I think there are some great people there but they seriously need to improve the numbers and quality of their staff to make us stay.

Communication is key!

It was kind of bumpy to start with. The more you communicate with the management and nurses, the better, communication is key. The food is good, and the center is clean, and the people are as friendly as can be. Kudos to the nurses who provide and manage the care. Bud, Jessica, and Amanda, they are awesome at communicating. And I really appreciate the director, who is very compassionate. They were more accommodating about bringing a pet, and being able to help with the care of the pet than other places.

5 star

The facility feels very warm and cozy. People are very friendly.

Lovely facility. The rooms we looked at were lovely and well maintained as were the community dining areas and entertainment area. The deluxe studio was spacious and would definitely suit our parents' needs as was as the one bedroom.Good lighting in both styles. Located in a wooded area, the outside accommodations were very good and the facility is pet friendly. Senior guests are provided with call buttons to wear and the staff were very friendly and caring to the residents.

recent change in ownership

I like Brookdale Cooper Road because it is close to us. I think they probably have been challenged a little bit because of their recent change in ownership. Right now I am trying to come to an agreement with them as to what my parents bill should be. I have had some rather abstract invoices. Like I just sent them a check knowing it is the wrong amount but I am not worried about it because I am documenting it. It is something they need to get a handle on. It could be a little bit cleaner there but honestly I have nothing to compare it to.

So far so good.

So far so good. At first communication was a little lax, when I would ask questions I wasn't sure they wanted to get me answers. However when I brought it to their attention, they improved communication with me, and when I bring anything up they address it right away. It's clean, and the food hasn't been bad, though it was not as great when the cooks all got sick and were out. They were close by, and convenient for family to visit. They were pretty comparable to other places I looked at, and it has worked out well so far.

Everything Has Been Good, Generally Speaking

The administration is our biggest concern, they just don't seem to have things categorized correctly. The people there are very nice. Sometimes there is a problem in the dining room, I think, because they have several people that do no feed themselves and they have to sit there and wait, sometimes up to an hour, for someone to come along and feed them. Other than that everything has been good. They are kind and patient.

Nice place, overall!

Overall our experience with Brookdale Cooper Road has been a positive one! The facility itself is nice looking, clean, and well kept. I think the caretakers do a wonderful job looking after the residents! My only real complaint is that it can be difficult to get in touch with someone when you call, their communication desk will generally just reroute you to someone's voicemail.

It's really a good place, they just need more staff.

We have been pleased with them, as far as their recreation onsite. We were not as pleased with the fact that they didn't have enough staff. The wait time to answer a call bell has been as much as an hour. That is starting to be resolved, as they are starting to hire more people. He loves the staff, and the cook staff. It's really a good place, they just need more staff.

A very nice place with friendly people.

I was pleased with the appearance and cleanliness of the facility, especially after having had a very bad experience at another assisted living facility for my stepfather in Portsmouth, Ohio. The aides were always friendly and helpful, though I think at times their response to my stepfather's needs were a little too slow. He fell out of bed while I was there and I wasn't strong enough to help him. We immediately pressed the call button but it took 20 minutes before someone came. I had to go into the hall to find somebody to help him and I was told it was shift time change. I don't think that's a good excuse under any circumstances. The other times when I was there the aides seemed to respond more quickly. However, I lived out of state so I was not there on a regular basis.

The place was nice and clean with good staff on hand.

The place was nice and clean with good staff on hand. The surroundings all looked the same, so I had the feeling that my father might get lost and not know where he was at first, but after awhile I guess people get use to it and know where they are.

Nice facility but a little bigger than we would like

Mixed experience

We have had a mixed experience with Emeritus at Outlook Manor. I'd say it was a 5 when she moved in, her apartment was beautiful and spacious and we had some nice furniture brought in. However after some medical difficulties she needed to be moved into their secure memory care area, and I am much less pleased with that. The apartment is shared, and too small for most of the furniture we bought. The move to memory care also caused the price to increase dramatically.

When the time came, we couldn't have asked for a better place for our parents.
The staff goes out of there way to be welcoming and attentive. The nurses were our partners at all times and kept us informed when things weren't going well. They saw us through to the end with both our parents and we are grateful that we didn't need to move them out of their home. When we lost them, they lost part of their family too. It was an honor to call them all family.

Melissa Watson was a very knowledge representative for Outlook Manor but the broken blinds, dirty shoe on the window seal and noticing a resident in the elevator by herself who was unable to state where she wanted to go was disappointing. It was rather warm in the dining room and I noticed a fan on the window seal. I was concerned what it may be like in the summer.

Nice place, some trouble with billing

I think they do an excellent job at Emeritus at Outlook Manor, in terms of the care and the service that they provide. The facility itself is lovely, clean, and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly. My loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here! However, we have had some issues with the billing department. During the sales process we were told the community entry fee would be waived, which it was not. We are also paying more than we were quoted during the sales process.

Corporate needs some work.

The people are general really nice. But the Billing Department at corporate have some issues. The corporate people are nice but nothing seems to done.

very warm reception, very helpful in transition and continued support

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed very friendly! However, the community was on the larger side, which we felt might be a little intimidating or overwhelming for our loved one, so we ended up going with a smaller community.

I love the fact that they take good c...

I love the fact that they take good care of my mom. They are very concerned about her well being. They encourage her to do activities.

The only thing that I would think could use improvement would be some of the individual care. She has just needed some not like physical help changing her clothes and showering, but reminding more to do it.

We work with Emeritus, and have had some discussions with them, and they seem to be working with us, and doing a little better. These were scheduled meetings to see how things are going and what she needs. They had only a small amount of fault, because for instance they were relying on my mother to make those decisions. They needed just a little more awareness of what she needed. This was part of the feeling out process.

They go on outings, for instance to go to a farm and pick fruit. to local restaurants, a whistle factory, Walmart, During the day they do bingo, service dogs visit several times a week. They do one day of bible study. One day a local band came in. They have workshops. They have exercise sessions.

so far so good

So far so good. The food is good. My loved one is very particular and he likes the food. The parking situation is fine. The staff is very friendly and the community is worth the cost. We haven’t really used any of the care services yet though so that’s not something I can really rate.

Nice just a little more then We could...

Nice just a little more then We could afford

They were wonderful! I would go there myself, in a heartbeat.

They were wonderful! I would go there myself, in a heartbeat. They had so many things to do. They had exercises everyday depending what they were capable of, they had something everyone could do. They had church services and entertainment. I loved that they had a big fireplace in the front. It was just great, and the staff was really great, and caring too.

A family nightmare!

This was the worst & most awful experience ever. Please note this was NOT our only experience as a family placing loved ones in long term care, so to say we felt lied to & ALL services misrepresented would be an understatement of the century. We pulled our father out within 1 month. From the sales department, to top management & especially the staff it was horrific. You should never recommend this place to any client. We went for the memory unit & never got placed there due to several sales team errors. My father became violent & Paranoid because he was treated so poorly. a history that he has never had before, including his prior living situation in another facility that too was not a memory unit. When we removed him, and placed him in Kingston, in Marion Ohio, in their memory clinic there was a 360 degree turnaround Immediately regarding his behavior. He has never needed any medication to control his behavior in this new environment. How much more proof do you need then that, although my father has arterial dementia he certainly can tell right from wrong. There are so many specific examples, photos and thoughts I have on the matter from the terrible experience at this place, but frankly I have been more concerned about getting my father settled and situated in his new home environment. We nearly doubled the price per month but clearly in this industry you get what you pay for.

Emeritus Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Outlook Manor. We have implemented several new policies to create a better experience for you and our families.

Upon move-in, our Executive Director follows up with residents in 24-48 hours and every week after for four weeks to make sure there is a smooth transition and problems are caught early.

We also call families every 60 days to give them a chance to hear what is going on in the community and voice concerns. We rotate with managers so that the families have a chance to meet all the managers and get to know them.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope these improvements will improve the lives of our residents.

not enough for the money

Staff is very friendly from the director on down. During the week every thing is fine. a pattern has formed on the week end, from aids not responding to call button to not being taken to meal time.

Didn't Stay Very Long

Everything went OK, she didn't stay too long. She went to the hospital. I would say that the care was OK, there were times that Grandma requested some water and they would wait for a while before getting her water. Numerous times that she would have an accident in bed and they would take a while to clean her up. The administrative staff was friendlier than the staff doing the care. She didn't have a problem with the food. Her room was pretty suitable. She had a twin bed, and it was already furnished.

Exceptional Care

Very clean,proffesional,caring,helpful and would highly recommend this community for the elderly.

For what we were looking for, they fit the bill

She is making the adjustment, so far so good. In comparison to the other nursing homes that we were investigating I think the value is very good. She has good days and bad days just depending on her personality but they're excellent with adapting to that and accomodating her. She's participating with everything right now and she's finding the activities very interesting. We're fine with her being there. She's been here for about 2 months now and I think that they've done well. For an older but active adult they were a good fit.

An Awful Week

CUSTOMER COMPLAINT/EXPERIENCE! My Mother-in-Law has been at the Columbus/Westerville location for a week. And it has been a TOTAL disaster! We TRUSTed the facility with the care of my Mother-in-Law, only to have two MAJOR complaints in 7 days! Atop the AWFUL care (for her) and customer service (for us), when I called today and demanded to speak with someone, I was told "the Director can't be interrupted". Is that the manner-in-which you treat NEW and PAYING customers?! Emeritus was charged with the care of my Mother-in-Law and have been HORRIBLE already. From feces on her floor (that were not hers) to an unreported fall, Emeritus Columbus/Westerville is definitely among the WORST available options.

This review will be posted on Yelp, the Corporate site, A Place for Mom and Angie's List.

Emeritus Senior Living

Hi Shayna, we are sorry to hear you had such a poor experience. We have since made several changes to our move-in process. The Executive Director checks in with every resident in the first 24-48 hours upon move-in. We continue to check every week for the first four weeks to make sure there is a smooth transition and problems are caught early.This give us an opportunity to rectify anything early as it comes up to prevent your experience from happening again.

Thank you for your feedback Shayna. We take all feedback seriously and work actively to make improvements.

Bad, left after 10 minutes,...

Bad, left after 10 minutes, host didn't show up on time, very depressing environment.

2 story facility. Pretty co...

2 story facility. Pretty congested at entry with many residents gathered there. Nurse (male) and med tech very professional. Model studio suite type room viewed. Courtney very good with details. Suite $2720 (1BR $3620), level 3 care $1175. Community fee $2750

A little too much confusion...

A little too much confusion. A little too congested. Not sure this is the right place. Staff very friendly and very accommodating.

Emeritus at Outlook Manor: Be Very Cautious

My mother was in this facility for two years. While things were good for approximately the first six months, they steadily declined from there. Despite repeated discussions with local and district level leadership, it became clear that things were not going to improve, and we moved out.

During her time there, Mom eloped twice, both times, thankfully picked up on Cooper Rd by very kind people who handled things so that she was returned safe and sound. One of the incidents took place on a very cold winter night, snow on the ground, and dark outside. The story could have had a disastrous ending. She was wearing a wander guard at the time of both elopements.

At that time we left Outlook, my mom's feet were covered with fungus and her nails were so long that I'm not sure how they got shoes on her, let alone how she was able to walk. It took months of treatment to get her feet back to "normal," and of course, I will always have guilt. This was my first experience with elder care of any sort, and I thought that price equated with quality. It was beyond comprehension that such a facility could treat residents so poorly. It was a nightmare. After moving out, I filed a complaint with the Ohio Dept of Health, which resulted in multiple violations, but from what I have heard, not much has changed.

I am giving a 1/2 (half) star rating only because I don't want it to appear as though I overlooked rating the facility. Bottom line, having dealt with everyone from local to corporate management, and based on the care my mother and many other residents received at that time, I would never recommend this or any other Emeritus facility. While some of their communities may be well run, the fact was corporate was aware of what was going on at Outlook and allowed it to continue.

Emeritus Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience at Outlook Manor and want to let you know we have made several changes to create a better experience for you and our families.

We also have created a new Family Connects program. Under this program, managers call families every 60 days to give them a chance to hear what is going on in the community and voice concerns. We rotate with managers so that the families have a chance to meet all the managers and get to know them.

If you would like to speak to families of residents, we have a list of family references that are happy to speak of their experience at Outlook Manor.

Location was attractive and in a nice...

Location was attractive and in a nice quiet secluded area, although being close to a busy highway. Carrie was very helpful and willing to answer all questions. The cost was closer to what we expected to pay and competetive with Sterling House. We did note several personal letters of thanks from family members for care provided to the residents. The main lobby seemed to be quite busy although it was mealtime. We felt the larger 2 story facility might be a little intimidating to Mom.

I like Emeritus! Saw it a week or so ...

I like Emeritus! Saw it a week or so ago. Liked the Director, who took me around. One of my top picks!

Not impressed.

Not impressed.

Saw MODEL rooms. Spacious, clean newe...

Saw MODEL rooms. Spacious, clean newer. appeared less busy. nurses station empty. therapy dept , therpit present, but not working with anyone at thr time of the visit.

Met with director- separate area for ...

Met with director- separate area for Memory Care - Very clearn and nice facility - noticied several "refreshment stations available inviting them for Cold fruit sprinkled water and a bowl with fruit and crackers for nourishment. Memory care residents served 6 small plate meals a day - so they are not overwhelmed by large amount so food. Rooms clean and cleaned as needed (once a week at least) Noticed caregivers ehlping residents and completing activities with them Rooms have beds available as well as some dressers and/or nightstands. Showers have seat availalbe if needed. Two levels of care and then rental of the room. Bathing, dressing, desemination of medications included in level of care. All residents brought to dining areas for meals. Four dining areas between the assisted living area and the memory care area. Dr. visits monthly as their resident Neurologist. There are three nurses on during the days (1 Memory Care and 2 Assisted living) and 2 at night (1 memory care). Nice smelling - no adverse odors anywhere. Lovely patio area w/canopy and large table with seats for about 8 residents-some tomoatoe plants and flowers. The handpainted mural in the memory care desk area was quite lovely. The stations for laundfry, tools, baby, typewriter, and dress up area accessible. All staff polite, pleasant. Residents seemed to be happy. They have 4-5 rotating churches having services on Sundays and communion on Mondays.

We will be moving my Mom in the Emeri...

We will be moving my Mom in the Emeritus this month.

living at a Paramount Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Paramount family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.