Parkside Village Senior Living Community - Westerville, OH

Beautiful Community

We really liked the Parkside Village Senior Living community. The staff was friendly and helpful answering our questions about the care they would provide. The facility was very well-kept and had a good feel to it. We ended up choosing another community that was a better fit for our loved ones care needs.

Great Communication

Parkside Village Senior Living is a nice and inviting community. The staff is very friendly and we couldn't ask for better communication since we live out of town. They do not hesitate to communicate with my husband either by phone or email with questions or concerns regarding the care of my parents. My husband knows all of the nurse's names. The room they are in now is supposed to be temporary until a larger apartment becomes available. But in the meantime, Parkside has furnished it while they are waiting. The food is good, if they don't like what is being served they can request something else to eat. They do offer activities for the residents, so they've shared with us that they really like the musical entertainment. Dad still drives and is very independent, he would like more parking spaces on the weekends when more visitors show up. They have a nice walkway which is very convenient for mom who is still doing physical therapy. We would recommend this community to others.

Waitlist

From what I saw it appeared clean and nice and the staff was nice and considerate. Unfortunately, there was a waitlist for the memory care area that we needed.

A good choice for us

My loved one likes living at Parkside. The staff are helpful and friendly. They offer daily activities and she is starting to participate in some of them. She likes the food and the community is very clean. This community is in a good location for us and I would recommend it.

Parkside is a Real Gem

Absolutely a great find and a real gem. Add to that, it's a couple of miles from where I live, so I couldn't imagine a better arrangement. The people at Parkside in all roles are outstanding.

[Removed] enjoys it much more than her earlier senior living facility. There is more to do and residents are welcoming.

[Removed]

My sister's care

My sister liked this community. It was closer to her home, but she wanted to be closer. The community is nice and clean and we liked what it did have to offer. We know other families would like the care and the value of this community.

Best of the best!!

We had our first conference with the Parkside and they think my mother is doing great. She made some friends and has ladies that she eats with and talks to. We are very pleased, the people are very nice and I like the fact that she can order off of a menu to get something difference than what she would normally order. They have a lot of options and the lady in the kitchen, Dede, is so awesome to everyone as kind of special to my mother and she will fix her plates with other choices. The food for all of the building is supplied from the main kitchen. I have eaten there and I enjoyed it, it is as good as anything I would have. They go on outings to go look at Christmas lights, they have been on 3 different outings.Even when my mother was sick they gave her special attention and were very careful with. I appreciate all of the brad's help from A Place For Mom.

Very Nice Experience

We toured this community for my mother in law and her needs. The tour went very well. Everyone was kind and welcoming. The community looked well-kept, everything I saw looked spotless. The experience was nice, but I didn't get the feeling this was the community for my mother in law and her needs.

People that I know!

I know a few residents at this community that said that they enjoyed being here. I thought that the community was lovely. Again I did not choose this community because they did not provide the care that I felt that my husband needed.

THANKS FROM THE FAMILY LOIS ROBERTS

I wish to thank the fantastic staff at Parkside for the compassionate and empathetic care given to Lois Roberts these past three years. There is nothing but great things to say about the care given to her and her family here. The staff AND the residents I have found to be some much like family to me while I managed her affairs as her trustee. (Save a place for me!) Her out-of-town family has been so appreciative for the courteous and tender treatment Lois received. I love you all like family, thank you every one!
Jerry Lawrence 8/12/2016

Life at Parkside

Parkside is wonderful community to be a part of! The staff is so friendly and helpful, from the aids to the waiter staff, to the activity leaders to the administrators to the residents! There are many activities that one can choose to be a part of...or not. The meals are always great!

Great place!

This place is great! They have excellent food, The service is great. The building and the decorations are very modern. The atmosphere is very light and airy. Overall this is a beautiful community!

Parkside Senior Living is a really, r...

Parkside Senior Living is a really, really facility. The cleanliness of the facility, friendliness of staff, services, and care are all good. I would recommend Parkside Senior Living.

Parkside is the real deal!

Wonderful place with a great staff who really do seem to care. My father and mother both lived there together initially. Dad passed away there while in hospice and they honestly did everything they could to help him (and us) through the process. Mom is there now alone. Her room is well maintained. They help bath her regularly and the food is actually very good. A less than positive experience with Sunrise Assisted Living truly makes us thankful for Parkside. It is a great company that lives up to the nice appearance.

Great place

My mom is in Assisted Living here. Good experiences overall for Mom. Some communication issues between staff when Mom was coming and going from the hospital. Sometimes too many status calls from Parkside...but other times I expect to be called (when coming back from hospital) and I am not. Great staff...possibly some management changes going on which get in the way. Good activity selection. Mom feels very busy which is nice.

Very nice place!

We moved my loved one here from another community that we had a very negative experience with, and the difference has been night and day! The level of professionalism here is just outstanding! The facility itself is amazing, and the staff here are just fantastic. My loved one has shown so much improvement since moving in here, we'd recommend them to anyone!

Very nice community

Overall they do a great job here, I'd give them 5s in all catagories except activites, which I think they could do a bit better in. They're very friendly, and seem very compassionate and concerned about my loved one. They have doctors that come to visit the facility, which is convenient. They also have 24 hour care available, and a nurse practitioner that visits once a week. I've also had a chance to eat here a few times and the food seems very good!

Parkside Senior Living

My grandmother moved in a couple months ago and we are very happy with the care and service she has been receiving. The nurses and staff are very friendly and are easy to talk to when you have concerns. My grandmothers room and the facility are always very clean. They bring my grandmother the weekly calendar and encourage her to participate in the planned activities.

They have a really nice facility, we have been really impressed.

Everything has been going really good, they were helpful and accommodating. The staff is real friendly. It's a very clean community, they have someone that comes once a week and cleans, and it's all included. They include transportation within a ten mile radius. The food is pretty good. They have a really nice facility, we have been really impressed.

Trying their best with Dad

Just to preface these comments, this is the only community we've had any experience with. It's a very nice looking place, and the staff is warm and friendly. They try very hard to be accommodating and creative with Dad's care, but he is in a difficult spot. He's still very high functioning, but memory issues prevent him from being in the assisted living portion of the facility. They're really putting in a lot of effort to meet his needs, which is good, but unfortunately only having limited success.

We Love It

We love it, dad seems to be doing very well. He has a few complaints, but he can be a grouchy old guy. The nursing care is good, everyone is very, very friendly. Everyone has their own room with a fridge and a microwave. My dad doesn't use his though, he eats all of his meals in the dining room.

Would like them to be encouraged to participate more

It's a great place, it's been really good for them although we've had a little bit more problems with my mother's husband; he ended up in an Alzheimer's unit at Parkside and she went with him too. She's not too happy because she's not as far along in her dementia. They've tried to get her out but she doesn't want to do anything without him.
It's very clean, the meals are just what they get in the rest of the place, they just bring it down to a special cafeteria room. The food is good, their little apartment is very small, but we just scaled all of their stuff down so they have enough to live on. They want the rooms to be like that so they don't stay in their rooms a lot but my mother and her husband just stay in there and nap. I think they jsut need more encouragement, I can't comment on the activities because I haven't been there enough to see them but they could use more encouragement to do them

Huge Relief

We chose Parkside because it is very nice, clean, and everyone is very friendly. We put our father in-law in the memory care unit so that it would make it easier on our mother in-law and since him moving into the memory care unit it has been a huge relief on our entire family. We are very happy with Parkside and would recommend it to anyone.

Great place! Mom wanted fir...

Great place! Mom wanted first floor, apartment is on third so that is a drawback. View is poor but the place is beautiful. Many amenities you don't find in other places. I would really like to see if financially we could work this out. The close proximity to my home is a plus.

Brand new facility. Very n...

Brand new facility. Very nice. Wide hallways. Large dining area. Studio is a little small but would work. 1 bedroom would work with room mate. 1 meal /day. Pay for extras. Does not accept Medicaid. Studio-$2300, 1 bedroom-$4300.

If you or someone you know is looking to make retirement even better, then Parkside Village, central Ohio’s newest and most dynamic Senior Living community is for you!

Fresh air and a natural environment surround our beautiful residence. Conveniently located near historic Uptown Westerville, Hoover Reservoir and the growing Polaris area, Parkside Village Senior Living Community is proud to be part of your community!

Whether it’s the surrounding woods, the walking paths or Otterbein University’s Equine Center, you will love the views at Parkside Village. You’ll love our views on retirement living as well! Offering independent and assisted living options, plus a dedicated memory program, Parkside Village is committed to setting a new standard. Stop by today and check out Parkside Village Senior Living Community, and see why we say,

Explore, Discover, Renew.