Sunrise of Worthington - Worthington, OH

Mom's Care and comfort

We liked the staff who were very caring to my mom's need. The community was clean and we liked the environment. They offer my mom a lot of healthy choices. We were glad to see that she was activities with the other residents with the many activities. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one to other families.

So Far Satisfied with this Community

So far this seems to be a nice community for my mother, and her needs. She is doing well, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. The staff from what I have seen is fine. They provide nice meals, and have good activities available for the residents. The experience is going well so far, and this is a community that might get my recommendation.

Sunrise of Worthington gets my recomendation

The memory care staff at this community are focused on the residents. They know how to care for them. There is a good ratio of caregivers to residents. The caregivers get to know the residents and each of their individual needs. Mom loves the food and the community is very clean. The memory unit is a lockdown area, however they do have an outside patio the residents can enjoy. They offer daily activities and short trips out.

Really top notch care. This ended up being primarily a hospice situation for my mother and we could not have asked for a better situation for that. Comfortable with excellent care. . The staff was available and attentive to her needs. She was comfortable with the care and community. They were able to assist her in every way possible. The community we found to be clean and maintained. I would recommend this community for everything they did to help my mom. Nice place. Highly recommended.

Wonderful

Sunrise of Worthington is wonderful in every way !

It Was A Good Tour

Based on what I saw on my tour of the community, I thought it was was a good place and wanted to move in. However new issues came about and they were not able to care for the needs. they had different policies and after a few weeks they said they would be able to but it was too late. I may consider them later if it does not work out for us.

Care for family

patient and caring. The community is very nice and clean. They offer activities for those who are able to participate. The meals are appealing. We would recommend this community for good care and value

Loved One Doing Well at This Community

My sister in law is in a good hands here at this community. It is a nice place for the most part. It is taking her some time to adjust, but overall I know she is well. They have a good staff, and they are taking good care of her and her needs. There are activities available for her when she is ready to participate. One thing that I wish I had was the code to access the building, and not have to wait for someone to come to the door. Overall I know she is safe, and receiving good care. This is a community I would recommend.

Friendly Staff!!

Our tour of the Sunrise was great. The reason we ended up choosing another community was because of the location. This place was not as close as other places that we toured. The staff was all extraordinary and the place was great.

We loved it!

This community was wonderful to my mother while she was here. They have such great staff that do what they are suppose to do. My mom really liked it here. It is just a wonderful community all around.

Sunrise is a wonderful place. Our mother was not there long, but they treated her well.
The shared pets are also a great addition.

Good Care

This community is very nice and the staff is. very nice and caring. The food seems to be very good. They did have activities for my mom, but she did not want to participate . I would recommend this community for great care and value.

The best we found

We moved my husband into Sunrise Worthington recently and have had no second thoughts about this decision. He was greeted warmly by all the staff, and as new assistants rotated in over the next few days that welcome continued.

The neighborhood approach of this facility makes it feel much less institutional, and residents are free to wander about all the areas. Every staff member knows the names of every resident. We have been particularly impressed that ALL staff -- including custodial, handymen, cooks, administrators --engage with the residents. There is an RN on duty at all times, and physicians/ X-ray technicians/ physical therapists etc can make calls as well.

The staff are proactive communicating with family members about their loved one's stay. The food is very good, and activities engage residents in a variety of ways. The rooms themselves are very comfortable, and kept to a high level of cleanliness. There is one care manager for 7 residents, with additional caregivers and staff members floating through the neighborhoods as needed to bathe, feed, etc.

This is not a cheap facility. They charge ala carte, with a basic charge for the room, additional charges for incontinence care, medication supervision, etc. So if you have the resources, you will receive the very best care for your loved one here.

I Believe My Grandmother Is In Good Care

This community is pretty clean all around and the staff do a good job caring for my grandmother and her needs. She is still transitioning into her new community so she has not joined activities. The food is good for her she has not complained. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Comfortable and balanced

The staff here is very professional and helpful. The facility is always clean and well maintained. The residents here seem very happy and well adjusted. A very comfortable and balanced place overall.

very happy

I am very happy with Sunrise of Worthington. I cant think of anything that needs improving there. The staff is always available, helpful, and very professional. The facility is cheerful and clean. They offer a variety of activities. It has been an all around good experience.

I was absolutely impressed with them at the very beginning

I absolutely was impressed with them at the very beginning. There was just one glitch at the beginning. They had just changed their policy about TB testing and because they did not know some things, it caused a delay at the beginning. They were very apologetic, but it did cause a lot of stress. A Place For Mom has been wonderful too.

very accommodating

There were some things not taken care of as far as cleaning before we got moved in at Sunrise of Worthington. The administration has changed there and I just think some things got over looked in the mean time. But since then everything has been just fine. We chose this place because of the care they showed just touring here. Any issue we've had they have taken care of. They are very accommodating. They make my mother-in-law feel so comfortable.

Personable Staff

I really like how well the staff at the Sunrise gets to know each of the residents there and the way that they care for my loved one. Ultimately, it is the personal aspect of the facility that makes it wonderful.

Extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

They were extremely helpful in getting my mother moved in. They are very knowledgeable. My mother has been raving about everybody. She is very happy here. She has been here for over a month. Everything has been going great. The facility is very clean. They do a good job cleaning it. Everyone is kind and welcoming. They do an excellent job at taking care of my mother. This is a really nice community.

We really liked it we thought they were very good.

We toured here. We really liked it we thought they were very good. It was between this and one other. Ultimately it came down to location. The other place was a little more convenient for us to get to. This was very nice though.

Looked like a nice place!

We saw this community while looking into memory care options for a loved one. I thought Sunrise of Worthington looked like a very nice place, overall! The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff were friendly and professional.

When you are looking for that special place

Sunrise is a very special place. The facility is beautiful , but the leadership and staff make this a wonderful place to care for loved ones. I needed help to determine the level of care we needed. Our journey is just beginning but I am confident that Sunrise will be able to assist our family.

We Love Sunrise!

We are amazed by Sunrise. Every single person we have met who works there is helpful, knowledgeable, friendly and kind. The care is excellent and they have made sure to get B. (my mother-in-law) involved in activities. Direct quote from B.: "there is something to do here every hour of the day; if you're bored, it's your own fault!" Staff makes sure she gets to all meals and activities, and that she is safe at night. B. has literally come back to life by moving into Sunrise. The attention, socialization, medical care and awareness of condition, the lovely surroundings and the small community feeling (there are only 50 residents) have all combined to make this the best choice we could have made for my 88-year old parent. The other important area: communication. When we call her direct line, if she doesn't pick up it rolls to the front desk. The person answering always seems to know exactly where B is and what she's up to (imagine our surprise when we called the other day and the receptionist told us, "Oh, she went to Schmidt's for lunch"! } Medical staff is also very good at keeping us up to date on her condition, ordering physical therapy, advising consultations for various issues. I am so thankful that B. is living at Sunrise.

a lovely, caring place

This was a lovely setting for my 90 year old mother. More importantly the management and caretakers were kind and caring and worked with you to make sure they provided just the services your loved one needed.

We are very happy with Sunrise.

We are very happy with Sunrise. The women keep complaining about being bored. I would like to see some more activities. I love the director, I just think they need more. The physical space was very important. It's small and lighter and cheerier, and happiest, than the other places we saw. The people that work there, are very understanding and are very good. I am quite pleased by that. There are little things, every once in a while they miss little things.

Took another pop in tour. E...

Took another pop in tour. Employees were warm and friendly. Mom loved it. The location is perfect. We may need the military discount if mom decides to move. The 30 day trial move in is valuable.

Sunrise shines when it comes to senior care

We were looking for an assisted living community that had memory care available for my mom. We visited several care facilities but Sunrise stood out. Sunrise of Worthington felt more like a home and not a nursing facility. The experienced staff is very attentive to my mom's needs and very friendly as well. Sunrise also promotes social interaction between the residents through planned activities each day. I have already seen some improvement in my mom as she enjoys the interaction with people her own age.

Concerned about travel time...

Concerned about travel time back and forth with all the major construction which will be taking place over several years.

Attentive and Warm.

They were very attentive, warm, and welcoming at her entrance. The food was excellent. There is minimal parking, but I was always able to find a place to park. It was very important to us to have an outside area and there was one here.

Very service oriented - the...

Very service oriented - the right choice for our situation. Activity and level of engagement throughout facility towards individuals are evident through their monthly training. Facility is older and on 4 floors (I preferred 1 level) but they do a good job with what they have.

Mostly good, just a couple of concerns...

She wishes there was not a cat, she doesn't like the smell of the cat box, and it is in one of the t.v. rooms. It takes a while to get medication, they order from Omnicare it can take a while. Sometimes there is a delay. It would have been nice to know that I would need to get some prescriptions filled for the meantime. The food is pretty good. I think the staff is incredibly kind and friendly and they make you feel like an individual person. They seem to be friends with the residents.

DIG DEEPER

The young woman who met with me and showed me around was lovely and enthusiastic. I forgot she was a salesperson. Big mistake. A salesperson will often say what he or she decides is the most important thing to say to close a sale, regardless of whether or not there is any true comprehension of what a person's needs really are, regardless of whether the salesperson has any intention of seeing to it that promises are kept. My mother-in-law's needs regarding oxygen are still not being met, and she has been there for 2 months. We presented our relative warts and all, so there wouldn't be any confusion. The salesperson claimed that there was nothing we were describing that would be too difficult to handle. We should have had in-depth consultations with the actual care-givers, nurses, and aides. I've come to the conclusion that all that glitters is not gold, and the reality is that good, consistent care can be found in very plain, utilitarian environments, and lousy, inconsistent care can be found in the most upscale places. This is not to say that Sunrise of Worthington is a poor place on the whole. I would not recommend it for people who have any special issues, such as needing to be on oxygen 24/7, or who have any disabilities. There is not adequate preparation for anything that falls into the "out of the ordinary" category.
There appear to be a variety of activities. What we witnessed, however, was that sometimes activities are scheduled, not enough residents show up, or the person in charge is not there for some reason, and then there is confusion and people drift off. For a new elderly person with dementia, this is a confusing scenario. Things like this have happened too many times, making the transition very hard on my mother-in-law and our family. We are called frequently to come and take care of things that we were assured would not be issues! It is mostly about oxygen- it's as though the staff can't handle anything about it. This type of thing seems very basic, and we were very careful to make this particular need a top priority. It seems like a simple, basic need, but it's highly individualized, in reality, and we don't think anyone gave it much thought. We emphasized it and went over it constantly before Mom was moved in. Obviously, she is still alive. Obviously, she is getting "enough" air. But, the amount of time and effort on OUR part, to see to it that oxygen needs are being me,t has been enormous, and we do not feel there has been much value in all of the cost when the services have not been provided as promised.
There are many good things about Sunrise. Residents who have been there a long time seem content. The staff seems to know people on a level that is more in-depth than we witnessed in other nursing/assisted living communities. The service in the dining room is good. There is a lot of effort made to ensure that residents have a personalized living experience. I love it that people are allowed to have pets, and the place welcomes family at any time. We don't feel that anyone is deliberately staging things, as though they expect an inspection any minute. I've eaten there and the food is good. The staff seem to care that people are given variety of food to choose from, and they try and accommodate people. The place is clean and inviting. I just wish the assessment for our relative had been more accurate and that the salesperson had not been our initial contact, because I feel she ended up speaking all the employees ("Oh, no problem... I'm sure we can take care of that.... absolutely..."), when the only person she can really say she has control over is herself.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about the situation. Please email us at [removed]. Thank you –Sunrise Team

It's fantastic - our mother's been th...

It's fantastic - our mother's been there about a month and the staff are just awesome. They're bending over backwards to make her feel at home, and they're just an awesome bunch of people!

Great Community

We are totally happy with this community. They have a wide variety of activities that are really setup toward the residents so that they can participate. We were looking for memory care communities and this one was just great. The staff was very responsive, they returned calls, spent time with us, and introduced us to everyone we needed to meet. If anyone of my family members needed help understanding something or had questions they were more then willing to spend the time with them to ensure everything was taken care of. I really liked their care philosophy and it seems like they really do like by it. The workers are universal workers, as in if you ask one to help it doesn’t matter if he is not working a certain section because they are all willing to help no matter what section you are in. They are very responsive to their residents. The space this community provides for movement was a big factor when deciding; he does not feel confined and the freedom to move around without having to squeeze through anywhere. The also have a community dog which seems like it would help the residents. It is convenient located for our family so we can visit. Overall we are very happy with this community and would recommend it to anyone.

Very lovely facility, nice ...

Very lovely facility, nice room sizes. The director of sales, Shawn, was welcoming and I liked how he stressed that they get to know their residents. He said they will try hard to make J feel at home should he chose to live there. A big plus is allowing pets.

Does not accept medicaid

Does not accept medicaid

All inclusive, specialize in alzheime...

All inclusive, specialize in alzheimer's.

Facility was attractive and location ...

Facility was attractive and location was convenient. Staff was very welcoming We feel Mom would receive excellent care here. The negative aspects inlcuded the size of the facilty with several floors. I had the feeling of being in a hotel.

It is a very nice place. Really like ...

It is a very nice place. Really like the Memory care part.

Visited Sunrise and the Director was ...

Visited Sunrise and the Director was kind enough to give me a tour although I was unannounced. This Sunrise facility has two sections for Memory Care and both are full as of today. If there was interest in being on a waiting list - the move-in deposit is used to hold the space. The third level of the building is a secured area for memory care. All residents are brought to a central eating area to eat meals. Rooms - though small and narrow, include a shower/toilet room and a sink and small fridge in the outer portion of the room. there is a smaller central television area. Many residents have their rooms "done up" by their families. As she said - the upper area appears to be more "quiet" than the back building. The back building was designed by a Doctor into four neighborhoods - within the building. The building is secure with lots of natural light and a wide hallway. The center area is for activities and has some wonderful cirular benches for residents to sit on. There are two wings on ground level - each containing two neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has it's own kitchen area and dining area. There is a Caregiver assigned to each neighborhood who is their consistent caregiver. There are 3-5 rooms to a neighborhood and outside the rooms is also a "living room area" with TV and sofas and chairs for residents to watch TV and "hang out". There are toilets in the rooms - but residents are escorted to a large shower area for bathing. Laundry is also housed in that room and there was a strong odor in that room - I assume from wet bedding or garments. Between the upper area and the back building - the back building "felt" like it allowed more movement and freedom. Both very nicely decorated and clean. Can handle all care except if a patient is on a full time feeding tube or ventilator.

Friendly staff. Small and large studi...

Friendly staff. Small and large studios, 2 room apart. toured assisted living can tour memory unit later, social activities available, hair salon on site, physical therapy on site, separate dining area with 3 meals available, bistro for inbetween snacks, medication management available 24 hrs, all areas clean, outside patios and porches in the assisted living area, medium size community(less than 50 rooms)

Toured- second time touring. Liked,...

Toured- second time touring. Liked, but rooms were small.

Do not have 2 bedroom apts. One bedr...

Do not have 2 bedroom apts. One bedroom with sitting room which can be used as companion suite. They are more a assisted living specific community.

It is okay. people are nice. Facility...

It is okay. people are nice. Facility is nice.