Brookdale Blaine

Ruth Thorud is enjoying living at Brookdale Blaine. She loves that the facility is small. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Searching for a 'right' place.

In the search for an appropriate place for my Mom, "A Place For Mom" was helpful, in that they took our information and made several appointments for us to check out. It was during that experience that I gained the knowledge about the kind of place that would be best for My Mom, and that being one that is smaller and had a more 'hands on' approach for her care.
That is why we chose Brookdale Blaine for her, and so far it is working well. It is soon to be sure, she has only been a resident there for a little over 7 days. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Wonderful staff. Small facility allows bonds to be made, and each resident get the help and attention they need.

Healthy meals

The meals have been really well proportioned out and the chef is great at making sure there is a range of healthy options for my loved one. Her bedroom and bathroom is kept clean and trash is taken out throughout the week.The staff have been a huge help with doctor appointments and making sure her transportation is taken care of.

Small place lots of individual attention

The staff is very kind to my mother and is available to answer any questions I may have.

I have only good things to say about ...

I have only good things to say about Sterling House. My experience has been great. The staff and the care they give is great, the service is good as well. They always go above and beyond in all they do. My mom is 98 years old, and I've seen a marvelous change in her attitude here lately. She's making friends and enjoying herself, which she didn't do in other places. We are very, very, very satisfied with Sterling House.

SterlingHouse of Blaine

I was very pleased with sterling house of blaine. The employees were very friendly, helpful and ready to help when needed. My dad was there for about 1 month sadly my father passed away on july 25th. My dad really liked the aides and joked with them alot. We were told that they really liked my dad as well. I would be very happy to refer anyone to the sterling house of blaine.

Small community

One thing is that I really do appreciate how friendly the staff is. The food is pretty marginal. There are outside areas for residents. Parking is a bit problematic. One thing that I think is really good is that there are only nineteen residents – so it’s a small community.

Dad's Man Cave

I was very impressed with Sterling House of Blaine. The staff was eager to help and answer any questions that we h ad. The rooms are very personal not like a nursing home. To me it seemed like their very own apartment. Although Dad has not been there very long I think he will really like it once he gets settled in.

Nice place

When we had a chance to visit the Sterling House there were a few things that stood out to us, we likeed the more homey feel to it. It was very small with nine men/women and the friendliness from th residents and the staff made it more comfortable to what we were looking for.

Small Enough to Know Residents

My father-in-law is not happy with his health situation, but he says this is the best place for him. It's small enough so he knows everybody.

Friendly and Helpful Staff

My brother was there for mabye 5 days and he just fell apart when he was there. We don't think it had anything to do with Sterling House at all. It was more to do with him and what was going on in his life. The staff was friendly and helpful and stuff like that. It just didn't fit.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected