Edgewood Senior Living - Blaine, MN

Options for dad

I toured this community for my fathers care. The staff was nice and they were able to answer the questions we had. This tour was helpful but it did not have what we were looking for. We would suggest that families tour the community on their own and to see if this is what they are looking for.

A tour for mom's care

We toured this community and the staff was able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is needed. We wanted something that my mom could cook on her own when she wanted. They have a nice variety of activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

There Are Many Residents That Are Like Her

It is a great community and my mother-in-law is having a
fantastic experience. The staff care for her and give us updates. I can see she is much happier and in an environment with residents that are like her. I would recommend this community.

I like the staff here and they were very friendly and help; families with the questions I had about special care needs. They offered us a meal, but we did not accept. The activities would have been offered, I would recommend that families seeking the nice community and see if it is what they are looking for.

I think this is a nice facility, and the staff seemed to really care for and know the residents. There seemed to be an activity plan for the memory care community and there were reminiscence stations located around the memory care area for the residents to come upon and explore. A couple were set up for "the boys, one being sort of cars oriented and the other sort of fishing oriented. All apartments had shadow boxes outside of their units. The food here was pretty bad. Unimaginative and flavorless, and not many choices, even in assisted care, and memory care got fewer choices. Memory care residents are allowed, high functioning ones, to go to some events in the assisted care area, but there are no outside of the facility events for the memory care residents at all. It was a well run and well thought out place, but the studio rooms were small and only shared a common shower, and there are no snacks available except the one 2pm snack. It seemed a bit rigid. All right, but not on my short list.

Just what we wanted!

This is what me and my loved one was always looking for in a community. The staff has been wonderful and super understanding and patient. My loved one has started to get involved with some of the activities. My loved one really likes the food that they serve.

Friendly Staff!!

My mother is enjoying her meals there are no complaints. The staff communication is good. They are very friendly as well. I would recommend the community to friends and family. I feel that my loved one is receiving the proper care that she needs. The staff tries to encourage her to participate in activities to a level of comfort. There are few activities that she is starting to engage in.

Excellence at it's best.

A wonderful experience at this wonderful community. The staff was excellent and caring. I was very happy with the food and the variety. The activities were wonderful to help stay active. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for excellent care for those who need great care.

the staff seems engaged

From what I've observed the staff seems engaged at Edgewood Senior Living, even the staff that aren't dealing with my mom. The one thing I would mention is they don't have any alarms on their doors on the assisted living side. So a door could be open all night and they wouldn't know. Other than that everything so far has been good.

10 stars on friendliness

I would give 10 stars on friendliness at Edgewood Senior living if I could! They keep her plenty busy there. The staff has worked really well with my mother-in-law in the memory care. She is very difficult to deal with and they have just been excellent in handling her. They have really made the process very smooth.

Edgewood Suits My Mom

My mom has been at Edgewood for 2 weeks. She appears to be adjusting well after moving here from California and giving up her home of 54 years. Working with Edgewood's executive director and clinical services director has been helpful and insightful. They have always answered all questions in a timely manner and were able to direct me to the services I possibly would need. They were understanding and compassionate with my mom's situation of many moving parts to put into place in order to get her here and settled. There have been a couple of care services that have needed to be worked out but my requests as my mother's attorney in fact have been heard and addressed.
The best thing about mom's move is that she feels that the staff truly care about her and have made consistent efforts to get to know her. She sees them as "very friendly and nice". She also appreciates the many amenities available in a smaller community all on one floor. The food is very good with a lot of variety. The hallways are spacious and well lit. The community rooms are pleasant and adaptable for multiple uses. Her most favorite part of the Edgewood Community is that she can eat anytime from 7am - 7pm just like at home.

New, very attentive and work hard to meet individual needs

I really like the friendliness of the staff. They are just wonderful.

They are very attentive to my mother's needs. They want to know about each person's abilities and needs, and try to work with each person. They're there all of the time. They are friendly and kind to the people. When I go in there they say hi to me. They are very helpful. They fix maintenance problems promptly.

Their food is very good.

Blaine's Edgewood "A Place For Mom" Is Great

We needed to find mother a place in one week's time. 'A Place For Mom' gave us the names of several several Sr. Living Centers. We were very impressed with Edgewood, in Blaine. Mom is adjusting well. The staff are all friendly, helpful, gently and caring. And it's a beautiful facility!

I'm very pleased with Edgewood Senior...

I'm very pleased with Edgewood Senior Living. My loved one is happy there, and I've seen some improvement in him. I'm satisfied with the staff, and the care they provide.

My experience with Edgewood has been ...

My experience with Edgewood has been great. Their services are excellent. No complaints. I'm satisfied with the staff, the facility, and the care they provide.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. The staff is great, everyone takes time to sit and talk to the people. They also keep it very clean. They are a reasonable price. They are tiered low mid high, and the difference between the price levels are even, so you aren't jumping huge amounts of price difference as you go up in care. The coffee was too hot, and my loved one burned their fingers, and the staff didn't notice, but I don't think my loved one said anything about it either. They do a good job with activities, and the food is pretty good, for a smaller place. I liked that it was brand new, and I liked that all the residents would be new as well, so everyone would be eager to get to know each other.

Brand new building. Apartm...

Brand new building. Apartments surround a centrally located common area. Well lit. Private chef, food was very good. They have assisted living & memory care. Prices reasonable. 1 NEGATIVE - they have applied for Elderly Waiver, but do not have at this time.