Brookdale Pinecastle - Ocala, FL

Brookdale Pinecastle - Ocala, FL has yet not published prices.

May be the right place for some, but not for all

My mom and I took a tour here and I wasn’t all that impressed. It felt like the person that took us around was really trying to sell me on the facility instead of getting to know my Mom. That person is no longer there but she was pretty pushy and it made my mom feel insecure about possibly moving in. The building isn’t bad at all, when I went in they had food available and we walked around. They tried to understand to the best of their ability what needs my Mom had. I felt okay about it, but I didn’t feel that it was as welcoming as a few other places I had gone. I think it was really the personality of the marketing person. The rooms weren’t bad and they have more of a variety in the layouts. I think it might be right for some people but maybe not for everyone.

Memory care unit for my mother

I recently moved my mother into Brookdale Pinecastle in Ocala, she is in their memory care unit. All of our experiences there have been wonderful, from [Removed] and the sales team and administration, to all the wonderful care givers. I visited other facilities and the memory unit at Brookdale really stood out. I have every confidence that my mother is receiving the care she needs.

One Look At The Community

When we brought my dad to this community for a tour, he took one look and liked this place. It is closer so I can visit him more and it has been a great fit. The staff are making an attempt to get him active and invite him to the dining room. He is starting to get out of his apartment more now. We brought him there for socialization. The medication process has been a good change for my dad.

My parents comfort and care

The care at this community is wonderful and caring. The community is clean and maintained. My parents are happy with making new friends. The menu has been very healthy for them both to enjoy. They are both doing the activites and that makes me happy knowing that they are very active in everything. We would highly recommend this community for the best care and great value.

Attentive Staff!!

My dad has recently moved into this community and so far everything has been going fine for him. The staff have been very helpful in getting him adjusted into his new living environment and making sure he is getting in the different activities as well as outings. The only thing I wish could be easier trying to get a hold of him when I call the facility.

My concern with this place is that when we got there, several residents were sitting out front not talking and not engaged with each other. At lunch though, residents did seem to talk to others. Probably a very typical Assisted Living facility but not really good for someone wanting Independent Living.

There are approximately 148 residents with about 177 staff.

oreintation

Overall the facility and personel are good. But you need to assign someone to help new occupants get aquatint with how and when to go to meals and other events for at least three days

My parents are really enjoying the facility. They like the food and mom is enjoying the BINGO!!! The staff is friendly and helpful, they are also easy to reach.

Good Tour of this Facility

We toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. Our tour went well, and everyone was very kind. The staff was friendly, and nice. It was a nice experience, but unfortunately this wasn't the community for us.

A great find

Mom is still adjusting to living at Brookdale. The staff have been wonderful, caring and are always happy. The director has been understanding and worked with us. The community is well maintained. The food is good and they encourage her to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is reasonably priced and I would live there.

Beautiful community!

I really liked the Brookdale Pinecrest when I went to tour it. The tour guide was very nice and was able to give me good information as well as answer my questions. They took us around and showed us the rooms and common areas. It was a good experience.

Wow - this location is fantastic - the apartments have a full galley kitchen and little patios outside the ground floor units, there is a pond the size of a lake fully stocked with fish for the fishermen, the food, compared to other places was delicious - I ad eggplant parmesan and [Removed] had meat loaf, the veggie selections were good, as well as sandwiches and oh the desserts. The residents are even allowed to have small dogs - I rate this one far and above all others I have visited - [Removed] was very informative - the only problem I had was with the receptionist, who would not look at us when she spoke to us - very strange.

Great set of people!

My uncle never got to stay here, but the staff was very helpful and understanding through the whole process. The community was always kept clean and the staff was always willing to help. My uncle just needed more care than they were able to provide to him.

The community is clean and the grounds are nice.

I feel that the communication levels are not the best. Dad is having some challenges with some of the kitchen staff. The kitchen is open all day, however the level of service is not consistent. I think they could use some more lighting by the sides doors. This is not a gated community. They do offer daily activities. I like that if you need to relocate your loved one to another Brookdale there are no fees to transfer.

Good Community, My Tour was Nice

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The community looked nice and everyone was very kind. The tour I had was friendly and informative. Everyone looked cheerful and happy. They have nice resources available for the residents. It was a nice tour, everything went well.

Kind Tour Guide

We had a very good tour of this community. Everyone was very welcoming and cheerful. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and kind. The community looked great.

Placed my in laws at Brookdale Pinecastle very pleased and very happy with the facility

This facility offered exactly what my Dad wanted; a one bedroom apartment where he could be as independent as he wants to be but also have the option of adding additional services as needed. Very friendly, clean and well run.

Everyone so helpful!
The Admissions Directors Cynthia and Kelly have been wonderful !

When we toured the community it was great! The staff were very nice and helpful. When we called and asked questions we got a quick response.

A Great Place

I think they have done well, I think it is a great place. The only thing I would like to see improvement on is that in the dining there seems to be a lot of chaos. So for the residents to go in and sit down and not get waited on and served, there just isn't a lot of people in there. The nursing staff was great though and the aides were great. Overall it has been a positive experience.

Nice place overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Brookdale Pinecastle. It's a nice looking place, and the staff are friendly and do a very good job taking care of the place. They've also got great food! I do think their medical service could be a bit better, I had to wait a few days before I was able to be seen by the visiting doctor, which is a long time to wait if you're hurting.

Excellent rehab care!

We used Brookdale Pinecastle for rehab care for my loved one, and they did an absolutely wonderful job! He'd really been struggling in a nearby nursing home, but after a week at Brookdale he showed so much improvement that he was almost back to normal, he didn't even need to stay the full month! The staff here were so caring and so attentive, they really worked closely with him to make sure he was getting everything he needed. Since my loved one was here because of an injury he was much younger than most of the residents, but they had plenty of age appropriate activities to keep him stimulated. There was a bit of a mix-up when we got our bill, but all it took was one conversation to get everything taken care of with no fuss. Our experience was a VERY good one, and I highly recommend Brookdale Pinecastle!

We are very happy with them so far.

We are very happy with them so far. I really don't have any complaints about food or parking, or anything really. Everything seems pretty good so far. It's really working out. I would give them a four and a half.

Liked the new bldg. Memory Care "Clare Bridge", may be a possibility in Ocala

said his father really enjoys it there. The enviornment is great and is not going to move into the Willows and is willing to stay 20 miles from rather than 7 miles away which is how it would be at the willows. Father is a respit resident. Again he is really happy with the services. Its the next best thing to home.

Lacey said she would email me with details..NOT. Inadequate front desk staff. Made to wait w/o explanation. Left after 10 minutes. Mixing assisted care folks with independent folks not a good mix for me...too many elderly...very depressing !

Overall Good Place

This is overall a good community. My biggest concern is the food service is slow. Residents are sometimes lined up for 10-15 minutes outside the dining area before they are seated for dinner. The food is of fair quality. It is rather bland at times, but this can be understood. This seems to be a good safe place for my Mom and a great value for the amount we are spending. It seems well staffed except for the kitchen area. The wait times for food area are pretty bad. My Mom has not been involved in the activities available but we would like to see more available to the residents.

Nice place

We're happy with how things are going at Chambrel at Pinecastle overall. The services they offer are on par with the other communities we've had experience with, and they're doing a good job looking after our loved one. I do think they could do a better job at explaining their pricing structure, it wasn't made very clear to us how the charges for the various a la carte services worked.

Flexibility Makes the Difference at Chambrel

They really pushed my Mom to sign the contract but were reasonable and fair in their evaluations. We took advantage of a terrific promotion that made it all come together. Mom moves in next week and already feels at home. Their flexibility on dining hours was what made the difference.

Very nice

The location was too far away from us, which is one of the reasons we didn’t select this community. It was also a bit out of our price range.. The food would be a five though. The general appearance would be a five.

Loved It!

They were excellent! It seemed more like a hotel, not as small as Emeritus that's right down the street. I actually liked the food better, They had hot cookies that you could eat all day. You could have your meals any time that you wanted to, and they also had kitchenettes in the rooms. Unfortunately, they weren't as affordable, so we chose Emeritus, which is working out well.

Beautiful Place

This place was great! I thought it was wonderful but they didn't have memory care. There was no nurse and that wasn't going to work for my father. It was a beautiful place and we liked the set up. They had their own little houses that they could stay in. It was absolutely beautiful but I needed to find memory care.

Amazing Food

We visited a few communities when we were looking and the residents here seemed to be more alert then at other communities. It does not feel like a sterile hospital setting but rather an apartment complex. Her room is the second smallest they offer and it is very spacious. The food is amazing when we visit we can eat for $11; if our loved one wasn't here we would still go eat here. We like to schedule our visits around lunch time to take advantage of the amazing food. They were very responsive when answering questions. One thing Chambrel could benefit from is an orientation type packet that provides checklist on what they would need to bring, laundry schedules and other information. I was so impressed with this community that when it is my time to move to a community like this if they are still around I will not even look anywhere else, I know exactly where I would be going.

Deborah - 24 hr nursing mid...

24 hr nursing middle of Blg design x / memory care unit / podiatrist / hair / church services / $2,500 one time fee / clean room / activities cable / can setup land-line phone / month - month / pay for what you need / 3,000 plus care /

We are there now. Food is good. Sit ...

We are there now. Food is good. Sit down dining plus room service or carry out. Facilities are nice. Multiple configurations for apartments. Full kitchen which is very nice. Bathrooms are very small and not really handicap accessible due to their size. Their happy hours are very nice with good entertainment and there are a lot of card clubs etc. for social clients. Their additional charges are very steep and their Nurse Assistants do not appear to be trained properly to actually keep a client from falling.

Happy Residents

Our parents are currently living in Chambrel in Ocala, Fl. While touring various facilities a year ago, we found Chambrel to be very clean, odor-free, bright and welcoming. The minute we entered the facility we were cheerfully greeted, and any questions, concerns, and needs were addressed. The grounds are well maintained and offer a beautiful setting for walking. Chambrel offers residents the opportunity to participate in activites for varied interests. The staff is friendly and attentive to the needs of the residents. We find comfort in knowing they are in a safe environment where they are part of a caring community. Our parents have resided at Chambrel for a year, and it has been a positive experience for them and the family.

It is nice. You can have independent ...

It is nice. You can have independent living here, parking for your car, nice dining facilities.

Love this place.

Love this place.

Brookdale Pinecastle provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.