St Nicholas Home - Brooklyn, NY

My complaint was dismissed regarding bad smells

I was treated poorly by the administrative staff when I tried to complain about bad smells from some of the resident rooms and the residents themselves. I feel that the staff needs to be more willing to assist those residents with showers that are unable to do so on their own. The administrator said that I was just being [Removed] and I should not worry about other residents.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

St Nicholas Home, I love living here because the staff members treat me like gold and I feel like a Queen because of how well I am treated. I love the home made fresh quiche.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

Marie has been the most amazing asset for my grandmother and myself as a caregiver. I have been a caregiver for my grandma since 2002 and have dealt with tons of bureacracy in the adult home field and Marie has not only been a consummate professional she truly cares.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

St. Nicholas is a great house to live. Residents feel at home. Administration and staff are like having family here. Your meals are done and clothes are washed for you. Rooms and beds are done every day for you. It is like having a large family with the residents. Our Chapel is so beautiful. All who visit cannot get over how our home is so down to earth.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

St. Nicholas Home is a non profit. I have lived here for 12 years. The administration and the staff are wonderful. We have 3 meals a day. Every month there is a party with a D.J. The residents really enjoy the music, the cake, etc. A special X-Mas party for the residents and their family. Beautiful gardens to enjoy the beautiful Summer sun. Many who visit the home really enjoy what they see. It really is a home and anyone would enjoy living here.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

The staff works well with the residents and make them feel like home.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

I feel that the residents need more say so with the changes that go on. The staff should be more caring to residents feelings and the laundry should be picked up more than once a week.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

Staff makes you feel like family and comfortable. Staff treats residents like family.

Review of St Nicholas Home Brooklyn, NY

St. Nicholas Home is by far one of the best if not the best places I've been. The staff members are very kind, compassionate, respectful, and very empathetic. The residents are great. When things get tough the staff comes together like a family and ensures the safety of everyone especially the residents. Highly recommended St. Nicholas Home to anyone.

Thank you for your assistance while at St. nicolas and for [Removed] help. The three of you made it happen! Also for the cleaning ladies and kitchen help. Good staff of workers.

Safe Refuge

Our family was looking for a safe, clean, organized living situation for 75 year old family member and find St Nicolas a caring, refuge. We feel the staff is responsive to questions and helpful while cheerful. The services are all available that we needed and the neighborhood is a vibrant, family shopping area with other amenities like Sr centers, libraries and parks.

ALthough it will require an adjustment period for our family member, we feel that the community of St Nicholas is helpful and supportive.

We are looking forward to the upcoming Building renovation as we know that will make the common areas more up to date than they are at present.

The Community Has All That Is Needed

My mom tells me she is doing very well since becoming a new resident of St. Nicholas Home. I see they are on top of the cleanliness with very good organization of the community. The staff are friendly and understanding with every one. My mom has a variety of good activities to get involved in. She says she likes lunch the best and they provide good snacks during the day. i would recommend the community to my family and friends.

I Took A Tour!!

The St Nicholas Home was not a good place for my loved one. If we would have chosen this community, he would have to have shared a room with another resident, they didn't have independent rooms. Also, they didn't have any openings for the time we needed.

We love it, we are ecstatic about it.

We love it, we are ecstatic about it. She has made such a wonderful change. The people there are so devoted and wonderful. I want to give to them. I have never seen such a place where people have freedom to breathe. There is so much respect there. There is always a peacefulness there. Everyone is so fabulous there. They must have a strong commitment to people. I take everyone there to show them how great it is. Everything is so neat and ordered but not to excess, they are very human. It's all so good, I would love if they presented a history of how they came to be.

this site could use a fresh coat of paint (bright and cheery pls) Main entryway could be spruced up and carpet cleaned. Rooms and facilities were accepteble and residents happy, staff attentive.

I am Jewish and this is a v...

I am Jewish and this is a very Christian place so no way

It is often said that St. Nicholas Home is like a lovely little hotel in beautiful Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York.

Our philosophy is to give the finest care, attention and devotion to each resident, only seeking their happiness and well-being in return.

St. Nicholas Home is a not-for-profit/non-sectarian home which serves the community to the fullest.

All the residents of St. Nicholas Home know this is really their home. Instead of living alone and in fear; at St. Nicholas Home they live in dignity, happiness and security. Guests and friends of the residents at St. Nicholas Home are welcomed any time and can enjoy the beautiful lounges and entertaining activities. Each day our chef prepares many different dishes, so that our residents can enjoy a variety of food.

We welcome all applicants ages 55 and older. Single and double occupancy is available. Our rates include all meals and services. Absolute privacy and confidentiality is assured each resident. All finances, accounts, properties and personal belongings are strictly the private business of each resident, and solely belong to them to do with as they see fit. The only obligation would be to their monthly rental.

All services provided at a reasonable rate by a dedicated staff whose first priority is the resident.