St. John's Residential Care II - Fort Worth, TX

This might be a good 'privately funded' nursing care option. They offer care to 5-6 people who are co-located in a home -- a house, and it seems they offer good care to their residents. We spent 5 minutes in a home with someone showing us around. It is not a good option for the kind of care I'm looking for. It did have some uncomfortable smells, and I did not feel very welcome, or 'warm' in this place.

Favorably Impressed

I toured here, and I was favorably impressed with the community. The lady who as helping us was very nice, however, while I liked the community, I don't feel it would have been the best fit for my loved one.

Staff is always on top of things

While looking for a place for my loved one, this location seemed like the best fit compared to the others that we have toured. Everything there is going great and their staff team is just wonderful. They are really on top of everything, they are always available for questions, and if anything happens at all they are right there. There was an incident where my loved one was sent to the hospital because of chest pain and the staff team here was very compassionate. There is a home setting feel here. They provide activities for the residents, but if you’re not one to participate in those kinds of things like my loved one they take her outside and talk with her. The things that she likes to do they do it with her. They have a backyard that is like a park setting. It has a cover, water fountain, and trees. Overall I would recommend this location to others.

was my first visit to a residential home. I think this type would work for us.

A nice place

This community was our first choice. It is connected to the hospital so it has a strict routine. The community is clean and the people were friendly. This community did not have an opening when we were looking.

I would recommend this care home

The caregivers at this care home are attentive and helpful. There is one caregiver to three residents. The food is acceptable and they are accommodating to the residents requests. They really go above and beyond. They keep the home very clean. The charge a flat fee and they offer skilled nursing care.

Not Appealing To My Mom

There was no problem with the tour and it was good to meet with them. However this did not appeal to my mom. The room would have been smaller and the meal choices would have been limited. She would liked a restaurant feeling. They have one set menu and they might have been able to make adjustments but she needs choices.

Highly recommend this place!!

The staff have been absolutely wonderful at this community, I could never thank them enough for all of the help they have given my mother. I also love how involved they keep me in her treatment plan. They work with me as though we are one big family trying to figure out the best solution for my mom and what is best for her. I wish there where more places like this facility and I would highly recommend this place.

fortunate

Wonderful, friendly, caring. We feel very fortunate to have my mom at St. John's.

Outstand home for my mom

My mom is very happy here. She likes the community. and the great care. They clean my mom's room everyday. The food is very good and she is pleased with the food that is available. I recommend this community to everyone for great care!

Staff is very accommodating!!

My loved one is very pleased with this community, the staff is extremely accommodating and always welcoming.The room is kept spotless and always picked up for my mother in law. I do wish they had better communication between the nursing staff and I. My loved one often complains that there is not enough fresh fruit and vegetables that it is all canned.

Excellent Care.

My mom is getting excellent care at this community. The staff is wonderful and making sure that she has the care needed at all times. She is happy with the food and the choices. A clean environment to enjoy. I would recommend this community for great care for loved ones.

Very Happy Here

This is a excellent community and I could not be happier. the staff is excellent and always friendly and willing to help out with everything that we need. The rooms and the outside is very well taken care of. The food is very good very pleasing. There are alot of activities offered to those who are wanting to keep active with others. This is a community that is highly recommended for others wanting great care for loved ones.

I feel good about leaving my husband there. Very clean place and very frendily make me feel at home.

Wonderful home for Mom

We recently moved our Mom to St. Johns. She adjusted to the new home easily and seems quite comfortable there. The staff was very helpful to us and showed a lot of concern for Mom and us too. Though I do not live in Fort Worth, I go there fairly often to visit Mom. I feel that I will always be welcome there as a family member and have confidence that Mom is being cared for well.

My loved one is doing really well here

My loved one is doing really well here, and has improved a lot since he has been there. Within a month they had his pain under control. They don't seem to do a lot of activities, that would be my only issue. I think the residents don't want to do much. They are very attentive to the residents. I felt it was more homey, and they seemed to care. I would recommend them to anyone, everyone who has come to visit, is very impressed.

It is a great home for aging people. The staff are caring and warm. It is a place I would fell comfortable leaving my love one

Not enough activities other than TV. ...

Not enough activities other than TV. Staff is short not always available when needed.

A Home for Dad

Dad Is 90 years old and has been living at St. Johns about three weeks. My siblings and myself could not be more pleased. We have each made unanounced visits numerous times and at different times of the day and evening. We are always greeted by a friendly face. The house is clean and orderly. We can usually smell a delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. Our dad is always clean and appears to be getting the personal attention and Interaction with staff and other residents that was lacking in his previous setting. Dad tells us how much he likes the staff and how good they are to him. Obviously we are very thankful we found such a wonderful home for our dad.

Very nice staff, didn't like the atmosphere

We toured this location while looking into options for my loved one. I liked the staff here a lot, they were very friendly and knowledgeable, however I was not impressed with the facility itself. It was dark and uninviting.

As I noted with St John's Residential...

As I noted with St John's Residential II both are welcoming, beautiful places

Owned and managed by Registered Nurses, St. John’s Care Home offers highly individualized services. Our surrounding offers a safe, comfortable home-like environment staffed with well trained caring and kind personnel. We pride ourselves on our compassionate and dedicated staff. Experience “anytime dining” – where you’re free to plan your meals around your schedule. We offer all the services an assisted living could offer like laundry, housekeeping, assist in toileting/incontinent care, assist in bathing, dressing, grooming; monitoring and assistance medications. We even include care of hair and nails. We are highly individualized that’s why we could prepare a special diet depending on your needs. Our rates are affordable. Each house has only a bed capacity of 5 to 6 residents with 2 caregivers at all times. We take care of your loved ones the same way we take care of our own parents. So, please come and see why we are highly recommended by family members and our residents. Excellence is our standard in providing for the needs of your loved ones.